Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Which game-saving change do you feel is the most acceptable:

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Option A. Double the guild point price of the potions.
70%
Option B. Lowering the guild point reward for coin donation by 50% (to 1 point per 200 coins).
24%
Option C. Make potions in shop buy-once items, but quadruple (4X) the appearance rate so they appear much more often.
5%

Total votes : 37

Re: Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Postby thievingsquirrel » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:32 am

RavenoftheBlack wrote:Not that I want to side with the Admin on anything, but I actually thought you were talking about the Brutal Attack ability, too.

Speaking of Brutal Attacks, are they designed to trigger on the boss's next attack after you hit him for a lot of damage? I've noticed that they almost always brutal after a big attack on them.

They brutal attack once the boss has dropped into a HP range that activates it. 0-37% activates 90k brutal attack and the other one 20-50% (Or around that) activates 60k brutal attack. Percentage refers to the amount of HP the boss has left, not the amount you have taken off it.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby Browncoat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:17 pm

It looks like the poll was edited? Option B used to be nice but now looks terrible. Doesn't seem to be any way to change it....
Browncoat

Postby delta » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:45 pm

They did change option b in the middle of the poll

Cant change vote cause poll ended about 3 hrs ago
delta

Postby RavAnt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:29 pm

For those of you who haven't noticed......
just as promised, Playmage implemented the new changes in guild shop doubling the price of the potions. (Didn't even try to compromise) Thank you playmage for keeping your promise and NOT caring about your players. I guess the customer is not always right. :-( This is a sad day, I just hope I don't lose anymore DE friends as many are leaving the game. I myself will not be playing as often without a lot of potions available.

Best wishes to those who have left.
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Postby ggggt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:44 pm

I just think double was a bit harsh. I can understand increasing the price a little but double? We never get double gems or half price recruiting lol
ggggt

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:19 pm

RavAnt wrote:For those of you who haven't noticed......
just as promised, Playmage implemented the new changes in guild shop doubling the price of the potions. (Didn't even try to compromise) Thank you playmage for keeping your promise and NOT caring about your players. I guess the customer is not always right. :-( This is a sad day, I just hope I don't lose anymore DE friends as many are leaving the game. I myself will not be playing as often without a lot of potions available.

Best wishes to those who have left.

I haven't seen any potions come up yet, but I'm not surprised. I was able to stock up on Revives and gold before the change, but not energy potions, unfortunately.

Anyway, you and I are friends on there, so I'll be sad to see you on less, but honestly, I very likely will be, too. I certainly won't be able to grind on the weekends like I usually do, now that the engine has been broken. It also means I won't be able to try to grind up Thor or Hel the way I have Sil, Freyja, and Loki. I just won't have the e-pots to do it.
RavenoftheBlack

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Thanks for implementing this, now I have absolutely nothing to do in the game besides arena because it's too expensive to do the bonus maps, both advanced and normal maps are completed or have nothing wanted in them and doing raid boss battles just aren't worth it.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby admin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Not able to farm in an endless energy loops does not mean nothing else to do in the game, as you can still use your "natural" free energy to farm maps that doesn't require you to potions. You can still also stock potions for more challenging maps by farming coins with natural energy as well, but at a slower and not-so-limitless way. The current price means players above level 160 or so still probably can endless energy-loop, but at much slower gains. The EXP and Pal point have been doubled (and tripled in advanced maps), this means players who are able to tackle a mid-level advanced map without revive is can gain level 3x faster than before.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 pm

admin wrote:Not able to farm in an endless energy loops does not mean nothing else to do in the game, as you can still use your "natural" free energy to farm maps that doesn't require you to potions. You can still also stock potions for more challenging maps by farming coins with natural energy as well, but at a slower and not-so-limitless way. The current price means players above level 160 or so still probably can endless energy-loop, but at much slower gains. The EXP and Pal point have been doubled (and tripled in advanced maps), this means players who are able to tackle a mid-level advanced map without revive is can gain level 3x faster than before.

But why would you farm a map that gives you no real reward besides exp? And the 3x experience from advanced maps don't seem to be working anyway as far as I hear. Farming coins with natural energy, so with 0 energy potions you can get 1.5 million per weekend assuming that you start with 102 energy and only do hell mines. That nets only 6 energy or revive potions, that would get used up on a single run of bonus maps if you don't have amazing cards. By the end of that weekend if you do mines you would get 3.9 million, netting about 16 potions. So this really doesn't make it feasible to do bonus maps anymore, besides, the cards just aren't worth it.
Last edited by thievingsquirrel on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby admin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi Woody,

Thanks for the feedback. We have done what we could to given everyone an one week notice and find an effective and acceptable solution to fix potions. For better or worse, the best solution from our perspective was actually Option C, as it actually makes it easier for players find potion in the shop without affecting the cos,t and is what the guild shop should have been correctly design to do. (so yes, we did compromise) Perhaps we could have done better and violated less "principles" if we have just implementing that instead and without warnings, like most games would have done.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion