Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Which game-saving change do you feel is the most acceptable:

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Option A. Double the guild point price of the potions.
70%
Option B. Lowering the guild point reward for coin donation by 50% (to 1 point per 200 coins).
24%
Option C. Make potions in shop buy-once items, but quadruple (4X) the appearance rate so they appear much more often.
5%

Total votes : 37

Re: Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Postby t0m » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Whichever option is decided on, it will take a while to run through existing potion stockpiles. So PM will not know the final effect on gem buying until some way down the line. This suggests that a less drastic option than A, B, or C might be more suitable, at least initially.
t0m

Postby Dudemanbro » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:46 pm

I realize this is not the question asked, but if you want people to buy gems, especially old players, I think making good recruit cards/modifying 500 gem draw for specific cards is the way to go. I personally will never pay for a consumable, but I likely will pay for a good card (kirin, flora, hathor, etc.) The only way I would ever maybe spend gems on potions was if the price was drastically lower. Even with the current sale, 700 gems gets you just over 120 potions, which I can burn through in no time. For 100 more gems, I can get an 8 star recruit only card during a sale that will last the rest of my playing time and provide permanent value, instead of being used up in a few weeks. Bottom line, only way I'm ever spending gems on potions is if I can purchase an amount that would last for a long time, maybe a 1:1 purchase ratio.
Dudemanbro

Postby Patrick4801 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Dudemanbro wrote:I realize this is not the question asked, but if you want people to buy gems, especially old players, I think making good recruit cards/modifying 500 gem draw for specific cards is the way to go. I personally will never pay for a consumable, but I likely will pay for a good card (kirin, flora, hathor, etc.) The only way I would ever maybe spend gems on potions was if the price was drastically lower. Even with the current sale, 700 gems gets you just over 120 potions, which I can burn through in no time. For 100 more gems, I can get an 8 star recruit only card during a sale that will last the rest of my playing time and provide permanent value, instead of being used up in a few weeks. Bottom line, only way I'm ever spending gems on potions is if I can purchase an amount that would last for a long time, maybe a 1:1 purchase ratio.

+1 to dudemanbro. This end result to this poll will just make the game more expensive to play. I don't develop apps for a living, but most of the time that strategy doesn't work in a highly competitive industry (Pokemon anyone). Personally, I'd spend money for a better deck of cards, but truthfully those cards haven't shown up since flora. If PM really wants to grow revenues for this game on a sustainable level, they need to improve the product and give the players a reason to spend money. That's not happening here from what's been communicated.
Patrick4801

Postby Lopi » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:53 pm

Game will be done after this only top or big money spenders will stay
Lopi

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:33 pm

I'm pretty sure making revive potions less buyable would just make more people not even attempt the bonus maps if they get harder. Remember the case with viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16373, you should, it was only 2 maps prior to the current one we have.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby t0m » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Patrick4801 wrote:This end result to this poll will just make the game more expensive to play.

Certainly it will do nothing to attract new players. Squeezing the existing user base is a strategy with diminishing returns, to say the least.
t0m

Postby Mukitup » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:01 pm

All 3 choices are terrible.
Mukitup

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Patrick4801 wrote:This end result to this poll will just make the game more expensive to play. I don't develop apps for a living, but most of the time that strategy doesn't work in a highly competitive industry (Pokemon anyone). Personally, I'd spend money for a better deck of cards, but truthfully those cards haven't shown up since flora. If PM really wants to grow revenues for this game on a sustainable level, they need to improve the product and give the players a reason to spend money. That's not happening here from what's been communicated.

I couldn't have said it better. Instead of working harder to make the game better, you are trying to squeeze money out of the existing player base. And, what is worse, you are trying to have them vote on how they are squeezed. Ruffriders23 called you guys out for changing the difficulty and drop rates on the maps, and you banned him for it. And now, you want us to vote on how you will charge us MORE money to play (one way or another) a game that has limited new content? I'll personally just move on to a new game and let you see how business strategies like this one end up for companies... anyone remember Circuit City?
Big Daddy Kane

Postby HernHunter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:39 pm

I think that changes you "offer" to us are nothing good to game. Just check how many old players left game. It is also noticable fack that most of high lvl players are less active in last few months. Your propose to change shop rules of any of 3 ways might be push big amount of us away.
I am sure thay you indeed have now less income, but look at it from players side. Most of your income is from recruit (not from pots) & all mid or older players have most of cards they want to get & do not want to spend $$ that way only to get duped cards that they do not need more (and all thay can do is to use them to strenghten others). That is the reason why most of us stoped to buy gems.
Another problem i noticed is not enough new players that can refill quiting old ones. In notmal condition new players do recruits because their decks are still weak. No new players =no new recruis= no money for you.
200 gems was for short time solution for olders players, but there comes moment that chance to get good new card there is also low, so spending there stoped too. As i mentioned once before in noew of posts. It would be honest from you that when someone decides to do 200 recruit for 1 card to give her/him chance to choice 1 from 3 diff cards.

Edid: I had to edit post. It was wrote fast with hot head on phone, so there was a lost of typos.
PS. Also from result of your pool you can see that player choce to "pay more" for potions more than any other options. So you can easy see that changes you want to do to shop would give you no more money. Only result would be we pay more in shop.
PPS. On promo info you wrote that you give us sale on pots 1st time ever. I think you noticed that players never complained & suggested to you that we need such a sale. Game is on over 3 years & we found our way to farm potions. I assume you was aware of this, so telling us that you noticed it now (as i mentioned after over 3 years) it is not truth.
As about poll i vote for none of options, because all are not good to game.
Last edited by HernHunter on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damn Guild Name (DGN)
HernHunter

Postby ampersand » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Don't really think that these options will work in the long run. If the goal is to increase revenue, increasing player involvement with the game and its players is the foundation. Doubling the cost of potions won't do that.

Spending just to spend isn't sustainable in the long term. Having the special cards for 250 gems is a good revenue generator, but it is quick and again, doesn't increase involvement. If those cards were available in a timed map that needed lots of epots, that might work to kill two birds with one stone. If the chances of getting one of the cards was once every 40 times through the map (for example, could be 200 times through the map, whatever is the right number that makes it possible, but difficult), it would have the advantage of increasing spending while increasing involvement with the game.

I wonder if playing with the guild shops in other ways may also be an option. Something like leave the epots where they are, but offer other desirable cards in the guild shops at a much higher gp price. I might be happier to burn through my stockpile mining on the weekend to know that I can get an apep for 1mil gp or something like that. This might also increase participation in gws as it would be the only other way to get the extra gp. If the gp reward for spending 10 gems is high enough, people might be inclined to spend more gems in gws. So gws become just as much about getting gwp as about getting the card.

Neither of these suggestions are workable in the form I have presented them, but are just some off the top of my head ideas of other options to make the game profitable in a sustainable way. If changes are only about increasing revenue without increasing involvement or improving core game play, people will stop playing and no one wants that. The question may be about how do we get people to spend more time in the game rather than purely about revenue.

Devs have tried a couple of options for that with providing the advanced maps, etc., but those are stages, completed and done. If that is the model, then new content pretty much needs to be added regularly, relatively frequently and have a perceived value payout accessible for all players. The difficulty and frequency of timed maps, gws, etc. is decreasing involvement in my guild. The model that is currently being used is not working for PM either. Maybe the model needs to include more player vs player content or guild participation (increasing the involvement with the community). Much more complex that one. Needs to be planned and well thought out before implementation. Those models always provide new content as every player encounter is a new experience. Revamp the arena perhaps? Charge coins? Change the rules every month so different teams will take the day? Change the arena reward system? Allow for guild vs guild? Big payouts but high cost? Lots of room for change there.

At the end of the day what we are talking about is how people to choose to spend their disposable income. If they are to spend it on the game, there needs to be a perceived value (just as a note: disposable income is a finite pie though, increasing prices doesn't increase disposable income) and I believe that that perceived value needs to be connected to the community and player involvement for it to be sustainable. It's probably time to start thinking far outside the box for solutions here.
Last edited by ampersand on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ampersand

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion