Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Which game-saving change do you feel is the most acceptable:

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Option A. Double the guild point price of the potions.
70%
Option B. Lowering the guild point reward for coin donation by 50% (to 1 point per 200 coins).
24%
Option C. Make potions in shop buy-once items, but quadruple (4X) the appearance rate so they appear much more often.
5%

Total votes : 37

Re: Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Postby SGT Duquette » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:14 am

I will quit no questions asked if you implement any of those options! The guild's and player's that are at the top are there for a reason! We put in more TIME, MONEY and EFFORT than the lower level player's and that is why we are top guild's and player's! The people that are whining about it can either put more MONEY into the game, as we did or kick rocks! Their option! But if playmage is going to implement more restrictions FORCING me to spend more MONEY than I already am, I won't hesitate to delete Dragon Era! My not so favorite game as of now!
SGT Duquette

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:18 am

SGT Duquette wrote:I will quit no questions asked if you implement any of those options! The guild's and player's that are at the top are there for a reason! We put in more TIME, MONEY and EFFORT than the lower level player's and that is why we are top guild's and player's! The people that are whining about it can either put more MONEY into the game, as we did or kick rocks! Their option! But if playmage is going to implement more restrictions FORCING me to spend more MONEY than I already am, I won't hesitate to delete Dragon Era! My not so favorite game as of now!

Whole heartily agree!!!
Big Daddy Kane

Postby Armand Star » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:31 am

simple suggestion: allow players to send their potions to other players.

think about it:
big players don't buy potions because they already own giant stockpiles.
newer players don't have many potions, and struggle to get their stock

by allowing players to share potions, the giant stockpilers can send some to their partners, those partners have an easier time, and the stockpilers have an incentive to buy and hoard more potions.

or... you could always rerun a bonus map where we can farm a very demanded card. people ask for light pinnocho to skill their healers, you could try releasig a bonus map with the pinochos, players who want to skill their healers surely will spend a lot of potions farming.
also, having wanted cards as the big reward (previous gw cards, event recruits, or other cards most players would be willing to farm for)
Armand Star

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:50 am

Armand Star wrote:simple suggestion: allow players to send their potions to other players.

think about it:
big players don't buy potions because they already own giant stockpiles.
newer players don't have many potions, and struggle to get their stock

by allowing players to share potions, the giant stockpilers can send some to their partners, those partners have an easier time, and the stockpilers have an incentive to buy and hoard more potions.

or... you could always rerun a bonus map where we can farm a very demanded card. people ask for light pinnocho to skill their healers, you could try releasig a bonus map with the pinochos, players who want to skill their healers surely will spend a lot of potions farming.
also, having wanted cards as the big reward (previous gw cards, event recruits, or other cards most players would be willing to farm for)

Again... allowing players to share materials or cards only invites cheating. Sharing also defeats the purpose of buying ANYTHING via gems from Playmage. Let's not forget that this is a business for them.
Big Daddy Kane

Postby Armand Star » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:56 am

let's not forget the reason why this thread exists in the first place. top players with a giant stash of potions, nothing to use them on.

how is it cheating when someone has to buy them? i have lots of energy potions but currently i don't play much.i have lots of revive potions but i can do gw/maps without them. i spent on them but don't need them. on the other hand my partner needs some but doesn't have any. hence gifting.

the idea is top players share from their giant stockpile. sharing among lots of partners, those potions will be used fast, the big stockpile becomes small, then smaller, and eventually it will have to be refilled (whether it is by guild shop or directly buying with gems)

no one has forgotten this is a business, this is all this thread is about.
Armand Star

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:06 am

The reason for the stash is because there is nothing to spend them on. The suggestion of useful cards at higher GP amounts is valid. I haven't seen a 6* card in my shop in MONTHS. But... to allow people to swap between users... that only invites people taking multiple accounts that are dead, and transferring them to a single active account... and thus make one team crazy good and throw off the balance of guild wars and/or Arena.
Big Daddy Kane

Postby Lopi » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Playmage may we know if u chainged your minds on this bicause then i now if i will still putt effort in this game
Lopi

Postby hannibal » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:45 pm

I been playing for 849days. The game is good... but we never see revs or epot in shop. I see them roughly every 2 weeks about two days in a row. If we dont have epotions we cant play. So i say cap the revs around 100 and cap epotions around 2-300. Lower the gold on solemn mines 25%. I use to put alot of money in the game but when it came to skilling cards after wonderland maps i went through 1000's of epotions and i was not getting any gold chests. So i was playing 2-3hrs a night and getting no gold chests. This kinda takes the fun out of it. I was unable to skill dragon ldrs,apoco cards etc until god cards recently. By adding those cards for 1000 gems you have made better players stronger. You need to add cards in the game like my suggestion about a gold chest that drops once in awhile. Make the chest a 4*card and completely useless until you evole it into a dual 8*. Add cards in the game that are hard to get not be purchased. Increase our rewards daily rwards (you be surprised what giving a little would get you) cap the potions. And maybe gw scores will go up like before if you add an extra week. I think i noticed gw scores dropped significantly since you shortened the time in between gws. Gw cards should be rare and have a special skill. This will make us want it more. Theres 2many cards available to care that much. I have 200cards and use about 20 of them. I do like the game it seems repetive with cards and skills. Honestly i think the gw is where you should make your money. I was in elite banging away with those crazy top guilds and it was fun but started losing interest when i wasnt getting gold chests. Lost alot of time with no chests. Good luck. Hope some ideas get you in the right direction. There will always be some new players
hannibal

Postby hannibal » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:16 pm

On top of my idea of capping potions we can have on hand, and adding cards in the game to play for like gold chest dropping 1time rarely on the rb board on lvl 70 rbs only (we will use rps and possibly spend gems to fight the rb) put up old bonus boards thst we can play in area to skill old cards but still making new.
hannibal

Postby Big Daddy Kane » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Here is another angle

On Facebook I am working on Skilling up Mafdet. In doing so, you have to run either Hell or Insane on the Baal map... which costs you 40 or 50 energy, depending on which you want to go for. Even at a very high level, I still only get 2 hell or insane runs before I have to burn an energy potion. Couple that with you only get a gold chest every 3-4 runs (in my extensive experience with this map) and the fact that anything under 100% for skill chance is pretty much sure fire to NOT skill... and you will burn a TON of energy potions trying to skill your Mafdet.

SO... you HAVE to stockpile potions if you want to skill cards. The energy limitations alone make EPs a must-own for mining on the weekends, and skilling GW boss cards via special maps.
Big Daddy Kane

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion