Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Which game-saving change do you feel is the most acceptable:

Poll ended at Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:58 am

Option A. Double the guild point price of the potions.
70%
Option B. Lowering the guild point reward for coin donation by 50% (to 1 point per 200 coins).
24%
Option C. Make potions in shop buy-once items, but quadruple (4X) the appearance rate so they appear much more often.
5%

Total votes : 37

Re: Upcoming guild shop potion change [poll]

Postby admin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:19 pm

thievingsquirrel wrote:But why would you farm a map that gives you no real reward besides exp? And the 3x experience from advanced maps don't seem to be working anyway as far as I hear. Farming coins with natural energy, so with 0 energy potions you can get 1.5 million per weekend assuming that you start with 102 energy and only do hell mines.

You can gather good amount experience and some portions as well each week by farming level 40 maps on weekdays and suitable hell level on weekends using natural energy. As for advanced map not working, I haven't seeing any bug reports but would need to fix it if it's broken.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 pm

admin wrote:Hi Woody,

Thanks for the feedback. We have done what we could to given everyone an one week notice and find an effective and acceptable solution to fix potions. For better or worse, the best solution from our perspective was actually Option C, as it actually makes it easier for players find potion in the shop without affecting the cos,t and is what the guild shop should have been correctly design to do. Perhaps we could have done better and violated less "principles" if we have just implementing that instead and without warnings, like most games would have done.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support

Some people don't even see potions in the shop in 2+ months, and once they do show up they stockpile BECAUSE they don't see potions often enough. Option C is bad because while they might show up more often it still runs down to their luck in finding the potions anyway so they can STILL not see them for 2+ months anyway. That means that they'll be out of potions for a lot longer than 2 months because they can only get a max of one purchase when they show up. If it was 20-50, THEN it would have been a decent solution.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:25 pm

admin wrote:
thievingsquirrel wrote:But why would you farm a map that gives you no real reward besides exp? And the 3x experience from advanced maps don't seem to be working anyway as far as I hear. Farming coins with natural energy, so with 0 energy potions you can get 1.5 million per weekend assuming that you start with 102 energy and only do hell mines.

You can gather good amount experience and some portions as well each week by farming level 40 maps on weekdays and suitable hell level on weekends using natural energy. As for advanced map not working, I haven't seeing any bug reports but would need to fix it if it's broken.

Okay, but then what about the jewel dragons that are needed to level up the guild war boss cards that appear every 3 weeks, if the time for energy to refill was less it would be much better.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby admin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 pm

2 months would be extreme crap luck unless you don't look at your shop often. Assuming you refresh 4-5 times a day and have decent level shop, you would see one of the four potion options popping in average of one a week. With Option C's 4x rate increase, it would be averaging every other day you see one of the potion options appear. No one voted for C because even if a potion showed up everyday, would be far less the still-farmable amount with Option A for players here.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:39 pm

admin wrote:2 months would be extreme crap luck unless you don't look at your shop often. Assuming you refresh 4-5 times a day and have decent level shop, you would see one of the four potion options popping in average of one a week. With Option C's 4x rate increase, it would be averaging every other day you see one of the potion options appear, but even if a potion showed up everyday would be less than the still-farmable amount with Option A.

I know of at least 5 players off the top of my head that haven't seen potions in 2+ months constantly and they check the shop at least 4 times a day and they have level 7+ shop.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby admin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:49 pm

thievingsquirrel wrote:
admin wrote:2 months would be extreme crap luck unless you don't look at your shop often. Assuming you refresh 4-5 times a day and have decent level shop, you would see one of the four potion options popping in average of one a week. With Option C's 4x rate increase, it would be averaging every other day you see one of the potion options appear, but even if a potion showed up everyday would be less than the still-farmable amount with Option A.

I know of 5 off the top of my head that haven't seen potions in 2+ months constantly and they check the shop at least 4 times a day and they have level 7+ shop.

And I know more than 5 players that would greatly exaggerate, as I personally would too if I am getting a dry spell and about to complain about it or say something isn't right (not saying any of the those 5 people are). Anyways, this is besides the point as mentioned, since even a guaranteed random potion a day in the shop wouldn't make players vote option C.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:54 pm

admin wrote:
thievingsquirrel wrote:

I know of 5 off the top of my head that haven't seen potions in 2+ months constantly and they check the shop at least 4 times a day and they have level 7+ shop.

And I know more than 5 players that would greatly exaggerate, as I personally would too if I am getting a dry spell and about to complain about it or say something isn't right (not saying any of the those 5 people are). Anyways, this is besides the point as mentioned, since even a guaranteed random potion a day in the shop wouldn't make players vote option C.

If it was x5 instead of x1 and x10 instead of x2 (Or something similar) then I would have voted option C
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Improvement on Guild Shop Desperately Needed

Postby RavAnt » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:04 pm

Now that the few items that we were purchasing (yes I'm talking about potions) from the shop have been tampered with by Playmage, the guild shop is in even greater need of a makeover. Other than potions (which are now extremely overpriced), there is really very few items of interest in the shop. Most of the 6* cards are useless, I mean who really wants a birdman, spiderwoman or catgirl??? I have not seen any worthwhile cards in a very long time. And does anyone really use guild points for 2*, 3*, or most 4* and 5* cards (with the exception of dragons and maybe Pinocchio). I've never heard any member of my guild say "I just can't wait for that 2* fish to come to the shop." These are unnecessary items that appear over and over.

Something needs to be done to improve the guild shop.

How about adding better 6* cards and more useful lower level cards like imps and Demonesses
How about removing 2* and 3* (except for dragons)
Maybe have miles to purchase in shop (I'm just throwing any ideas out there)

Any ideas would be great!
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
RavAnt

Re: Improvement on Guild Shop Desperately Needed

Postby Tasov » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:15 pm

PLUS ONE! on that RavAnt
Tasov

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:46 pm

admin wrote:Hi Woody,

Thanks for the feedback. We have done what we could to given everyone an one week notice and find an effective and acceptable solution to fix potions. For better or worse, the best solution from our perspective was actually Option C, as it actually makes it easier for players find potion in the shop without affecting the cos,t and is what the guild shop should have been correctly design to do. (so yes, we did compromise) Perhaps we could have done better and violated less "principles" if we have just implementing that instead and without warnings, like most games would have done.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support

The fact that the representatives of this company needs to put the word principles in quotation marks tells me virtually everything I need to know. As for farming with natural energy, yes, I know that's an option. It's all I was able to do in this game for a long time before I crossed the threshold of being able to put together actually effective teams. It's no coincidence that once I was able to farm significantly, I started getting stronger staggeringly faster. No more of that now.

And look, we all have opinions, and you're as entitled to yours as we are to ours. But please, don't try to spin the exp and pal points increase as some sort of replacement for what has been taken away. The Pal Points are virtually worthless, offering nothing more than fodder cards (which, admittedly, are probably slightly more useful now that I can't justify spending a ton of Guild Points on the EXP Dragons anymore). And while I do appreciate the extra EXP, we will now be gaining EXP SLOWER because we can't spam energy potions the way we used to. On a good weekend, I could farm between 40 and 50 million gold from the 20-energy Solomon mine, which according to my math means that I was running the mines approximately 725 times. I was getting 856 exp a run, or about 620,600 exp total. Now, by my math, if I don't use a single potion, the most runs I'll be able to do over a weekend is now 13 (5 right away assuming full energy, aprox. 70 minute wait for the 6th run, then wait 200 minutes for each 20 energy to run it again.) So now I'll make roughly 806,000 gold a weekend, and get 22,256 exp. So I'll level up slower, and for what? 1 Command Point for every 4+ million exp? That's not going to improve my teams for another 8 or 10 levels at the very earliest.

It's better than nothing, I admit, but it's far worse than what we had.
RavenoftheBlack

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion