Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Re: Loss of friends in game/decreased activity

Postby RavAnt » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks for your support :-)
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
User avatar
RavAnt
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Loss of friends in game/decreased activity

Postby ruffriders23 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:34 pm

They'll just lock this one.

Look... we all have guild mates leaving, and not a single person I've talked on mobile or Facebook like the new changes. In fact, I've heard more people say they will never spend a penny now that Playmage has went all Marshal Law on the game. Me... I'll hang around and play, but I won't spend another penny on the game as long as the players aren't listened to, and taken seriously, by the Admin on here. I honestly feel they are way too dismissive to customers on here... and that's what we are... customers.
ruffriders23
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: Loss of friends in game/decreased activity

Postby Tasov » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:16 am

I also have lots of friends that have been many days without playing since the implementation double price for pots. And many that don't login nearly as often as they used to.Pm just make the pots 2500 again you won't lose face by doing so,you will just be doing the right thing because that's what everyone has been asking for. find a different way to increase your revenue. I myself have not been playing anything that soaks my rp's i'm saving them for wars cuz I will not spend gems to get them. I only play one my energy refills now and I don't have the time to mine like a madman on the weekends.
Tasov
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:08 am

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby Martin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:37 am

Playmage can't see how many players are leaving the game as their accounts are taken over by other players and continue to be active for some time. I will not spend money on this game until they take back their recent changes and start listening to the suggestions from experienced players.
BR
Martin
Martin
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:16 am

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby ruffriders23 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:58 am

Martin wrote:Playmage can't see how many players are leaving the game as their accounts are taken over by other players and continue to be active for some time. I will not spend money on this game until they take back their recent changes and start listening to the suggestions from experienced players.


+1
ruffriders23
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby RavAnt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:22 am

Martin wrote:Playmage can't see how many players are leaving the game as their accounts are taken over by other players and continue to be active for some time. I will not spend money on this game until they take back their recent changes and start listening to the suggestions from experienced players.

+1
thanks Martin
Image ROCK STARS GUILD MEMBER
User avatar
RavAnt
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby admin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:16 am

You are making wrong assumption that we are only counting active players. It's a very simple to count number of players stopped logging in each day in the past few months (running a query on our server database), and there were no noticeable spike since the potion change has gone into effect. The only thing that has spiked is the speculation on the forum... I am not saying people aren't leaving, as there are definitely are every day since the game launched, but our data indicates that there is no significant increase and mass majority of other players are continue to play normally.

Anyways, we will look into some of the suggestions on this thread. One thing we are already planning to rotate event recruit and mileage slightly more often, but that is something separate from the potion change.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3509
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby Browncoat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:30 pm

You know, the RPs getting more expensive sucks, but it doesn't really stop me from playing. I'm just more careful about what I play. Now, in theory, if I'm running a Hell map or something, and I had 3 gold chests, and died, but had no RPs, I would buy one with gems. So there's opportunities for me to buy RPs.

Now, there is no chance that I would ever use gems to buy an EP. I'd just stop playing (which is what I've been doing) and come back later. The EPs being more expensive causes me to play the game substantially less, and impacts how I play. For example, I'm no longer farming xp dragons, not really bothering with gold, etc.

I don't think Playmage's income is well served by people PLAYING LESS.

What if we reduced the cost of EPs back to 2500/2, BUT further increased the cost of RPs to 7500/2 to compensate? The following would result:

1) People would farm gold again.
2) People would continue to be able to play more, and "waste" energy on farming those last gold chests on the various maps, getting xp dragons, etc.
3) People would continue to farm mines, since it would be more profitable.
4) The lower level peeps would be able to play since there's so much content for them - all they need is energy.
5) Higher level peeps are the ones using the RPs, and would have to spend mightily on those RPs, reducing stockpiles, etc.
6) Incentive to buy RPs would be there, so Playmage should still profit.

Again, I can't imagine people are buying up EPs with gems. I've only ever bought RPs.

Encourage people to play, and that should increase income. Making energy scarce doesn't do that IMO.
Browncoat
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 am

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby ruffriders23 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:35 pm

admin wrote:You are making wrong assumption that we are only counting active players. It's a very simple to count number of players stopped logging in each day in the past few months (running a query on our server database), and there were no noticeable spike since the potion change has gone into effect. The only thing that has spiked is the speculation on the forum... I am not saying people aren't leaving, as there are definitely are every day since the game launched, but our data indicates that there is no significant increase and mass majority of other players are continue to play normally.

Anyways, we will look into some of the suggestions on this thread. One thing we are already planning to rotate event recruit and mileage slightly more often, but that is something separate from the potion change.


If you read what they said... you'd see that people are selling or giving away their accounts. SO... people are still playing them, but I HIGHLY doubt the income from those accounts is the same... thus the reason Playmage is scrambling to increase revenue.
ruffriders23
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: Potions / Some better ideas [merged topic]

Postby admin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Browncoat wrote:You know, the RPs getting more expensive sucks, but it doesn't really stop me from playing. I'm just more careful about what I play. Now, in theory, if I'm running a Hell map or something, and I had 3 gold chests, and died, but had no RPs, I would buy one with gems. So there's opportunities for me to buy RPs.

Now, there is no chance that I would ever use gems to buy an EP. I'd just stop playing (which is what I've been doing) and come back later. The EPs being more expensive causes me to play the game substantially less, and impacts how I play. For example, I'm no longer farming xp dragons, not really bothering with gold, etc.

I don't think Playmage's income is well served by people PLAYING LESS.

What if we reduced the cost of EPs back to 2500/2, BUT further increased the cost of RPs to 7500/2 to compensate? ...


EP is that one that makes easier for infinite loop which resurfaces the problem all over again. High levels don't really burn RP when energy farming. This proposal would be unfair to those who has limited amount time to play, as they would prefer the reverse. The middle solution is basically the current status quo, and things are looking fine right now.

ruffriders23 wrote:
admin wrote:You are making wrong assumption that we are only counting active players. It's a very simple to count number of players stopped logging in each day in the past few months (running a query on our server database), and there were no noticeable spike since the potion change has gone into effect. The only thing that has spiked is the speculation on the forum... I am not saying people aren't leaving, as there are definitely are every day since the game launched, but our data indicates that there is no significant increase and mass majority of other players are continue to play normally.

Anyways, we will look into some of the suggestions on this thread. One thing we are already planning to rotate event recruit and mileage slightly more often, but that is something separate from the potion change.


If you read what they said... you'd see that people are selling or giving away their accounts. SO... people are still playing them, but I HIGHLY doubt the income from those accounts is the same... thus the reason Playmage is scrambling to increase revenue.


We have ways to track if account is sold via server data, and a tiny few accounts that may been transferred is definitely negligible. As for revenue, it was going south before and looked pretty grim prior to the potion change (which prompted the change), but now the game is getting back on track to being able to support itself and many more future contents.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3509
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:06 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion

cron