Jason

Jason

Postby mistervista » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:20 am

What a massive disappointment this card is. I was expecting something great from this brand new card but the 'Golden Fleece' skill of Fire attack and dropping at least one wild symbol in for 5 spins is useless. I have been playing this game for 2 and a half years and wild symbols have never interested me or been remotely useful in all that time.

After the recent potion fiasco I suppose we should have expected it, especially as it is called 'Golden Fleece'. It couldn't have been more aptly named, it's a fleece alright!!
mistervista

Re: Jason

Postby gggg » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:03 am

Have to agree 1 wild for 5 spins is pretty ordinary you need to give us something worth spending gems on.
gggg

Postby admin » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:51 am

It's a guaranteed wild unlike increasing odds that previous card have, and it's just part of the skill. In our tests it does increase expected output decently. Would increasing the turn count make it more appealing or are there suggestions for more useful combo?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Tricyclichades » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:45 am

Fire damage and damage reduction would be nice or maybe double chance of fire emblem or just about anything really
Tricyclichades

Postby thievingsquirrel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:14 am

It's more a question on whether its stats actually make it useful I think, as a extra the wild makes it so that it becomes useful in a rainbow team but as an attack type card that reduces it's usage in most maps. The 20 turns is fine I believe, but without a decent amount of HP not many will use it as it just isn't as good as a Komodo Goddess or even a skilled Time Controller. I'll make it a bit easier to understand: Komodo Goddess fully skilled can use its skill every 10 turns with an attack stat of 2254 and Time Controller fully skilled can use its skill every 10 turns with an attack stat of 1954. These two cards easily replace Jason's usefulness.
If you look at it from another angle Time Controller and Komodo Goddess have a disadvantage to Jason in a team because they can only deal damage one whilst Jason can potentially cause major damage over 5 spins and still guarantee damage immediately, but if its HP is low it loses that potential.

These are my thoughts on Jason, most will shut this down because they will say that it shouldn't be a support card as it comes from the guild war, but honestly most of them are with the time limited cards outshining their potential from the get-go (E.g. Flora)
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby admin » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks for the feedbacks. The 8-star final final stats is actually similar to Komodo Goddess, so due to variations within the series, it's possible to attack and balance cards with similar stats...

We have made the following improvements to the card:

- Increased WILD symbol duration to 7 turns (making that part fairly useful for rainbow teams)
- Lowered the starting CD to 18 so it can be used more often.
- Bumped up the HP of the card (the 8-star version will have max of 1721 HP / 2230 ATK)
admin
Site Admin

Postby ggggt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:48 pm

I have actually been hoping Wild would make a come back. Wild symbols are interesting and I wish they came up normally without a card to make them happen.
ggggt

Postby mistervista » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:00 pm

admin wrote:Thanks for the feedbacks. The 8-star final final stats is actually similar to Komodo Goddess, so due to variations within the series, it's possible to attack and balance cards with similar stats...

- Increased WILD symbol duration to 7 turns (making that part fairly useful for rainbow teams)
- Bumped up the HP of the card (the 8-star version will have max of 1721 HP / 2230 ATK)

CD is still showing as 20 on mine.
mistervista

Postby gggg » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:09 pm

They will fix the cd thanks for the changes
gggg

Postby admin » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:16 am

mistervista wrote:
admin wrote:Thanks for the feedbacks. The 8-star final final stats is actually similar to Komodo Goddess, so due to variations within the series, it's possible to attack and balance cards with similar stats...

CD is still showing as 20 on mine.

It should be displaying 18 base CD for everyone now.
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion