killing raid boss

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Hypernova » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:31 pm

Browncoat wrote:Agreed - the system is fine as is. It's annoying when a new RB comes out, but it tames out pretty quick. And if you only get one card, oh well.


Actually, the problem people have here is that they FEEL they should be the one dealing the fatal blow and thus getting TWO cards instead of one. be glad you still get a card for killing the boss despite a sniper already killing it. the game could jolly well not recognise your effort and not giving you any cards.

It's always the same issue when a new raid boss comes out. Look at Melpomene now, I've a bunch of lvl 70s sitting there sitting down to 0 on the timer.

Just wait it out, once the high level players get their max leveled cards, nobody will touch them anymore. then you have a whole lot of lvl 70 raid bosses waiting for you all the time.
Hypernova
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:01 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Solara » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:36 am

Respectfully disagree that the system is fine as is. If you want to encourage new players, those are the ones most affected by sniping. When you are lucky to get spins that let you eke out a kill, and come to find someone took it while they knew you were battling it, it leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth. A newer player is also more likely to take longer to kill something, so is more vulnerable to sniping. If powerful players will get their max skilled cards either way, what is the downside of rewarding all who kill the raid boss with two cards? It would also address the opposite problem of people losing out on having their RB killed due to someone who went AFK for some reason midfight with everyone staying away out of courtesy.
Solara
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:45 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Sir Lukas » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 am

I know that playmage feel it is OK like this but i dont like snipers too, greedy players. On the other hand there seem to have a problem with warning message that someone is on the RB, it does not always appear.Are you aware at Playmage of this problem ?
Sir Lukas
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:49 pm

Re: killing raid boss

Postby admin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Sir Lukas wrote:I know that playmage feel it is OK like this but i dont like snipers too, greedy players. On the other hand there seem to have a problem with warning message that someone is on the RB, it does not always appear.Are you aware at Playmage of this problem ?


We tested this and just tested it again, the warning always appear 100% time if you attack after something started attacking. If you have a test case of how to create a instance that they don't appear (instead of someone who didn't notice or pretend it didn't appear), please send us more details via PM.

Solara wrote:Respectfully disagree that the system is fine as is. If you want to encourage new players, those are the ones most affected by sniping. When you are lucky to get spins that let you eke out a kill, and come to find someone took it while they knew you were battling it, it leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth. A newer player is also more likely to take longer to kill something, so is more vulnerable to sniping. If powerful players will get their max skilled cards either way, what is the downside of rewarding all who kill the raid boss with two cards? It would also address the opposite problem of people losing out on having their RB killed due to someone who went AFK for some reason midfight with everyone staying away out of courtesy.


As we already replied multiple times and echoed by other players, the system is working correctly as is. You already get one card for finding the boss which is good enough for "new" players and they would be lucky to have friends that can boost their boss to level 70. Giving everyone "who kill the raid boss" is highly exploitable. There is no game rule against killing other player's RB so you are upset due to arbitrary rules "you" created. All you need to do is stop thinking RB as a personal possession, but as something players discover to be shared. Anyways, no point to keep beating a dead horse as we will not be responding further to this already answered topic.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3507
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:06 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Solara » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks for the perspective delivered with such grace and tact to your player base on a topic about socially acceptable behavior.
Solara
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:45 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Zomzom » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am

admin wrote:There is no game rule against killing other player's RB so you are upset due to arbitrary rules "you" created. All you need to do is stop thinking RB as a personal possession, but as something players discover to be shared.


It is not a question of viewing the RB as a personal possession it is just about common courtesy. When you decide to attack an RB you may see the message that someone is already fighting the boss, so why go ahead and attack anyway. Someone is putting effort into beating that boss and may even be using revives, so to then find you have wasted time, and possibly resources, is bloody annoying. I have even gone to attack one and been told there are already two players fighting that boss. Yesterday, I attacked, hoping to get a boss card, using three revives only to finish and end up with a poxy swordfish. I may not have got the boss card and that's part of the game, but to use revives that I have used gems to get all for nothing, how can that be right.

Happy gaming people
Zomzom
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:44 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Browncoat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:14 am

Zomzom wrote:
admin wrote:There is no game rule against killing other player's RB so you are upset due to arbitrary rules "you" created. All you need to do is stop thinking RB as a personal possession, but as something players discover to be shared.


It is not a question of viewing the RB as a personal possession it is just about common courtesy. When you decide to attack an RB you may see the message that someone is already fighting the boss, so why go ahead and attack anyway. Someone is putting effort into beating that boss and may even be using revives, so to then find you have wasted time, and possibly resources, is bloody annoying. I have even gone to attack one and been told there are already two players fighting that boss. Yesterday, I attacked, hoping to get a boss card, using three revives only to finish and end up with a poxy swordfish. I may not have got the boss card and that's part of the game, but to use revives that I have used gems to get all for nothing, how can that be right.

Happy gaming people


Yes, but on the flip side, I'd rather the RBs I spawn actually be killed. Many times I back off on a RB only to see that the person attacking it wasn't able to kill it (it's supposed to be a team effort). I've seen RBs that I spawn escape with multiple attacks on them. No idea if someone backed off on it or not.

I, for one, would like to encourage everyone and anyone to attack the RBs I spawn.
Browncoat
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Hypernova » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 pm

Zomzom wrote:
admin wrote:There is no game rule against killing other player's RB so you are upset due to arbitrary rules "you" created. All you need to do is stop thinking RB as a personal possession, but as something players discover to be shared.


It is not a question of viewing the RB as a personal possession it is just about common courtesy. When you decide to attack an RB you may see the message that someone is already fighting the boss, so why go ahead and attack anyway. Someone is putting effort into beating that boss and may even be using revives, so to then find you have wasted time, and possibly resources, is bloody annoying. I have even gone to attack one and been told there are already two players fighting that boss. Yesterday, I attacked, hoping to get a boss card, using three revives only to finish and end up with a poxy swordfish. I may not have got the boss card and that's part of the game, but to use revives that I have used gems to get all for nothing, how can that be right.

Happy gaming people


I sympathise your plight in using 3 revives and getting only a swordfish card. Like you said, even if you had won 2 cards you might not have gotten the boss card.

When I first started out in the game I tried to kill every raid boss I spawned myself and not kill the others that my friends spawned. Later I realised at high levels I really needed their help as I can't kill beyond level ~35 then. That time there was no kirin and the max dmg modifier was 1.5x with the best leader skills improving hp and atk by 2x. It was until Kirin and subsequently fire goddess hecate, and the blue card that deal 200x damage were introduced that top players begin soloing high level raid bosses. It was a good thing because I now have friends who can kill off level 50+ raid bosses without me lifting a finger. It was also then I realised using revives on raid bosses were a waste. The best way to get good raid boss'es cards is to keep playing and spawning them. Let others help to kill yours and you help kill theirs. Don't be put off by only getting 1 card each time. Instead just do as much damage as you can and save your revives on guild war instead.
Hypernova
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:01 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby Browncoat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:30 am

Agreed. You can fight a RB every hour. That's enough frequency to have many opportunities. The trick is getting through round 2. If you can do this, you're golden. Just hit the RB once and you'll get a card.

Level your own RB up to level 20 as quickly as you can - at level 20 there's a motivator for people to attack it, since it drops the card. If you can do this early, you will be one of the few at level 20 and it will be very attractive to even the high level players.

Don't try to kill the RB; certainly not to the point of using revives. It's not intended to be soloable. Just take your one card and run.
Browncoat
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:48 am

Re: killing raid boss

Postby mistervista » Tue May 02, 2017 6:54 am

The present system does not work properly regardless of what Playmage might say. Twice recently I've been jewed by it. If I go to fight a rb and it says someone is fighting it I leave it alone until they're done which is the way it should be.
However I recently fought 2 that it gave no indication that anyone was fighting. On both I did just under 12 million damage and then quit to leave around 200k for someone else to finish off, only to find later that someone killed it 5 minutes after I'd finished and it awarded them the full amount and just gave me 1 rubbish consolation card when I should have been King Raider.
The chance of getting an rb card should begin right from level 1 too and increase incrementally because a lot of players cannot play every hour of every day and sometimes don't even get to a level 20 of their own before the rb is replaced.
It's always been a very unfair system and needs an urgent overhaul.
mistervista
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 10:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion

cron