Sudden huge drop in Raid boss

Re: RAID BOSS BS

Postby mistervista » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 am

Come on Playmage, sort this raid boss BS out now please.

I did another level 70 Echidna recently and took out 9.9 million before leaving it for someone else to have a go at.
Almost 30 minutes later someone killed it and although I should have been King Raider it had me down as not doing anything and gave me a poxy consolation card again.

Even though I was conned I still have to wait another hour before I can have another go. That's just plain wrong and you really need to sort this out ASAP.
mistervista

Postby mistervista » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 am

Well this raid boss situation gets worse by the day!

I've been trying to start a level 70 Echidna of a friend's (Curt) for the last hour and a half and every time I've tried it said someone was fighting it. Now it says it's escaped and no-one fought it.

What the hell is going on and why does nobody at Playmage seem interested in fixing this problem?
mistervista

Postby admin » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:50 am

(merged) There is no need to create another thread when you already posted here.

As explained several times before, the system works fine as it is. You get a bonus extra card for being either the finder, the one deal the most total damage, or the one dealing the last damage. Basically, the only time you only get one card is when you attack someone else's boss, and you don't do the most damage, and you failed to do the last damage before someone else does.

Yes, I understand some high level players can possible do the most damage and last damage at same long run, but that's exactly why we can't prevent from fighting the boss as the game can't tell how long that player will take in the run. They do get a warning that someone else is already fighting it, but we do allow players to enter if they don't want to wait and want to fight the boss anyways. That's how the system is designed. If someone else beat you to it (eg. "sniped" as you call), you still get a card for fighting someone else's boss, and you can be either satisfied, or try harder next time to kill it faster to earn the bonus card.

Also, the boss card drop rate for you are calling the "poxy consolation card" is same as the bonus extra card. So it's not end of the world when you don't get the extra card.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm

admin wrote:Also, the boss card drop rate for you are calling the "poxy consolation card" is same as the bonus extra card. So it's not end of the world when you don't get the extra card.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

Except the drop rate is half of that, because you are only getting one card. The rate for that one card may be the same, sure, but the chance at getting the Raid Boss card for fighting that fight is halved.

I've been lucky and haven't had mistervista's frustrations, but I empathize with them. My frustration is that I'm literally only interested in Echidnas. I have two in my primary team that I am hoping to skill up. The Serpent Emperor means nothing to me. So I grind up a raid boss, and it's the Serpent. I have to either wait three hours, or kill the serpent, then wait an hour. I grind up another raid boss, and its another Serpent. I've earned something like 45 or 50 Serpents, and maybe half a dozen Echidnas. Granted, the Serpent's been around a month longer, and maybe when it cycles out I'll be able to get what I'm looking for, but again, it's just an aspect of your game that is based around far too much random chance. It's a slot machine game; I get it. That doesn't mean that every single aspect of your game needs a random element and a low success rate.

A big part of the reason your Event Recruits are so popular, over and above them being good cards, is that people know what they are getting. Sure, I could buy and spend gems to reduce the countdown of the raid bosses, but for what? So that another Serpent I don't want will come up next? And even if an Echidna DOES come up, so what? It's still a less than even chance that I'll get a card I want out of it. It's just not worth the money. Maybe if people knew what they were buying, they might be more willing to buy it.
RavenoftheBlack

Re: Sudden huge drop in Raid boss

Postby mistervista » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:33 am

@admin
If you took the trouble to actually read our posts properly you would realise there was a need for a separate thread because what I was explaining was a totally different issue and nothing to do with the drop rate. I only mentioned it here to save space but you never replied so I made it a separate thread, only for you to then merge it back again and completely ignore the problem I'd described once again!!
mistervista

Re: Sudden huge drop in Raid boss

Postby RavenoftheBlack » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:52 am

So tonight, my girlfriend was trying to grind up some last minute Echidnas because it's the last night for them (and we don't know whether or not they'll be back because Playmage ignored my question when I asked it a few months back). She's been grinding for hours, hoping to get some Echidnas to spawn so that she or I could kill them. The game literally spawned SEVEN Snake Spirit Queens in a row. Neither she nor I care about the Snake Spirit Queen; we want Echidnas.

I reiterate, Playmage, that a game based solely on the concepts of random chance and tedium ARE NOT FUN. It is a really frustrating game design decision that a less desirable raid boss blocks the existence of a more desirable one, particularly when the less desirable one apparently shows up SEVEN TIMES as frequently. And before you decide to respond by glibly denying that the chances are weighted against the Echidnas, I am well aware that this was a fluke and not necessarily representative. I get that. My point is, once again, if we had the option of two raid bosses at once, one of each, this frustration would be eliminated.

My girlfriend's experience, coupled with my own over the course of the Echidna run, does not make me want to grind for raid bosses anymore. You've already made me not want to grind the Bonus Maps because of the tedium and low drop rate of the gold chests there. You're giving me, and others, fewer reasons to want to play your game, not more.
RavenoftheBlack

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion