App is unstable

Re: App is unstable

Postby admin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Browncoat wrote:
No, Android. And since my recent post it's gotten much, much, much worse. It seems to only crash when it's running in the background, but the way you have these levels set up to take FOREVER to get through, that's pretty much the case any time I play.

Unfortunately, the game is not built to run the background, thus it will get killed by the OS (operating system) after being minimized after a while to free up running memory.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Browncoat » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:14 pm

admin wrote:
Browncoat wrote:
No, Android. And since my recent post it's gotten much, much, much worse. It seems to only crash when it's running in the background, but the way you have these levels set up to take FOREVER to get through, that's pretty much the case any time I play.

Unfortunately, the game is not built to run the background, thus it will get killed by the OS (operating system) after being minimized after a while to free up running memory.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

PM - you have made it so the fights last forever. I'll spend 45 minutes or more on a single level, and that's IF i'm focusing on it. And this is using Kirin, etc. so it's not like I don't have decent attack cards. The beasties have insane hps and it takes that long for all the chests to drop.

I can't sit there endlessly spinning. It has to run in the background or the game is unplayable.

Just crashed again with 2 gold chests.
Browncoat

Postby admin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 pm

The mobile OS is designed to not allow heavy apps like games to keep running in the background. One thing you can try is to go into the "Battery Optimization" setting of your phone and disable it for Dragon Era. Also if you have task manager or task killer apps make sure Dragon Era is added as an exception for them. These may reduce the frequency of the game being killed once it's in the background.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Browncoat » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:02 pm

OMG I CANT DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE. ALL AFTERNOON ON THE LAST ADVANCED LEVEL, GOLD CHESTS, CRASH. NOT WHILE RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND EITHER. FIX IT!!
Browncoat

Postby admin » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Hello,

We just released a newer Android version with some stability fixes and well as taller screen support. Most importantly it fixed a bug where battle resume after game close/crash doesn't work on some devices.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Browncoat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:30 pm

admin wrote:Hello,

We just released a newer Android version with some stability fixes and well as taller screen support. Most importantly it fixed a bug where battle resume after game close/crash doesn't work on some devices.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

So the app still crashes all the time, but the bug fix has allowed it to pick up right where I was. This was how it was supposed to work? Never has. But it's fine now - I don't really care if it crashes, only takes a second to open it, and if it remembers where I was then fine. Infinitely better!
Browncoat

Previous

Return to Dragon Era Discussion