Data error after attempt to purchase (and no gems)

Data error after attempt to purchase (and no gems)

Postby mikeworld » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 pm

I redeemed 2x $50 iTunes GC to use for the 1500 gems worth $99.99 but when I press BUY I get this error message "Data error: Please exit and restart the application." It then send me back to the press start menu. When I try to go back in, it give me the same message. The only way get back into the game is by deleting it and re-downloading the app
I do not see the $100 GC on my account, AND my CC was CHARGED which was odd seeing that I had $100 GC balance on my account
What happened?
My game ID is aayf48
mikeworld

Re: Data error after attempt to purchase (and no gems)

Postby admin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:54 am

Hello mikeworld, thanks for your report.

Our server received several purchase validation request from your phone and rejected them due to invalid product id "com.zeptolab.ctrbonus.superpower1".

Searching this over the web seems to indicate that your device may have been jailbroken and installed a software to fake In-app purchases. We are not sure why it would still send hacked purchase receipt to our server for validation if you initiated a real purchase with iTunes GC,however, or why it would actually charge your card when you have a balance.

Since we can't do anything without a valid iTunes purchase receipt sent to us. I recommend following course of actions:
1. Contact Apple/iTunes regarding your CC being charged despite having a $100 GC balance, and request Apple to refund the purchase since it did not go through due to the error above.
2. If you would like to try again, ask Apple how to make In-app purchase with your GC balance instead of CC. Please disable whatever software that is sending the hacked receipt to our server listed above before trying again.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any additional questions.
admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeworld » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:17 am

Good grief.
I just received a summary statement for 2 $99.99 purchase from apple. I have already contacted by bank regarding the matter and sent apple a nice little email
Hopefully I get all this sorted out just in time for the guild war

Sent you a message
mikeworld

Postby admin » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:45 am

Got your message and replied. hope you can get things sorted out soon with Apple.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Support