Still crashing randomly

Still crashing randomly

Postby Solomon Grundy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:57 am

I am still crashing 5-10% of the time i attempt an area, and I can find nothing that is causing it on my end, memory-wise. These crashes always occur in combat, after 3-6 spins, and never later than that, and there is an immense amount of slowdown and stuttering just before the crash. I also use the auto-spin feature every time it crashes. i have never had the app crash without auto-spin engaged. I have been using an app that shuts down every single non-vital function on my phone before playing, and still sometimes crash. Could you give me an amount of memory that you believe the game cannot exceed, so I can monitor it and see if I am somehow exceeding your estimate? I have crashed with upwards of 450 MB of RAM free before launching the Dragon Era app thus far, which is over half of the 840MB total RAM that my phone has. My phone is a Droid Razr Maxx, running Android version 4.1.2.

Any help here is greatly appreciated, as I truly enjoy this game.
Solomon Grundy

Re: Still crashing randomly

Postby admin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 am

What's your current game client version? Also, what does the screen look like right before it crashes?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Solomon Grundy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:28 am

My current game version is 1.1.10, which seems to be the latest version. My screen appears normal just before the app crashes, almost like the game has been paused, the music and sound effects stop, and then the app drops me out of it. As I mentioned before, there is some slowdown before the app crashes, almost as if the phone was doing too much at once, but with 450 MB of memory free just before starting the app, i find that puzzling.
Solomon Grundy

Postby admin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:42 am

Solomon Grundy wrote:My current game version is 1.1.10, which seems to be the latest version. My screen appears normal just before the app crashes, almost like the game has been paused, the music and sound effects stop, and then the app drops me out of it. As I mentioned before, there is some slowdown before the app crashes, almost as if the phone was doing too much at once, but with 450 MB of memory free just before starting the app, i find that puzzling.

Unfortunately, after hours of testing on a droid and similar spec simulator (we do not own a droid maxx), we haven't been able to reproduce the issue so it might be just some sort of rare compatibility issue with your device+os combo that only triggers with Auto Spin. We will continue to investigate the problem, so if you have any other information it might help us. In the meantime, can you try disabling both the sound and music volume from setting and see if auto-spin still crashes?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Solomon Grundy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:29 am

i disabled sound and music, updated to 1.1.11, rebooted my phone, then loaded the game, selected an area and turned on auto-spin. Game crashed right as the attack animation from my Wood Dragon hit a monster. I believe the animations have been playing before when the app crashed as well.
Solomon Grundy

Postby admin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:10 am

Solomon Grundy wrote:i disabled sound and music, updated to 1.1.11, rebooted my phone, then loaded the game, selected an area and turned on auto-spin. Game crashed right as the attack animation from my Wood Dragon hit a monster. I believe the animations have been playing before when the app crashed as well.

Does it always happen right as the attack animation from your party hit a monster? Is it always wood dragon or always wood based attack causing the problem?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Solomon Grundy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:30 pm

The first crash I had since waking up happened just as the attack from my water monster reached the enemy, but before the damage numbers were displayed. So I would say it does always involve attack animations, but not just wood creatures. If I find anything that goes against this thought before you respond, I shall post it here.

Just had another crash right as the attack animation hits the enemy. That definitely seems to be what is causing my crashes.
Solomon Grundy

Postby Solomon Grundy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:46 am

I am almost positive that attack animations and the damage calculations are what is causing my periodic crashing, as the crashes happen when the beam from the animation strikes the monster, but no damage is displayed before the game crashes.
Solomon Grundy

Postby admin » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:51 am

Solomon Grundy wrote:I am almost positive that attack animations and the damage calculations are what is causing my periodic crashing, as the crashes happen when the beam from the animation strikes the monster, but no damage is displayed before the game crashes.

Thanks for the additional information. Does it show strike explode on the monster (enlarged circle) or no? Also, are you absolutely sure it doesn't happen at all as long as you don't use auto spin?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Solomon Grundy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:15 pm

No, it does not show the strike explode at all. I am playing today without auto-spin on to see if I get the crashes. So far, I have cleared 36 areas and not crashed at all while I am not using the auto-spin. I think it's safe to say it only crashes while using auto-spin.
Last edited by Solomon Grundy on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Solomon Grundy

Next

Return to Dragon Era Support