Card Draw Issue

Card Draw Issue

Postby drewzilla » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:07 am

I am a little upset with my last card draws. Why you ask, well I spent 50 gems on the 4-Star or better and I received the 4 star Earth Maiden, then I used my 200 pal points draw and to my amazement I got a 4 star Earth Maiden. Now why in the world did that happen? I am happy I got the cards but I spent my gems I worked hard for and got a card that I could have got with friend points. I am very upset. I would like to get my 50 gems back. I talked to a friend yesterday and he had the same thing happen to him. I like the fact you are putting the 4 star cards in the pal point pulls but maybe you should make the 4-Star or better a 5 star or better. While I'm on the subject of card pulls. That randomness of the draws SUCK. I keep getting A LOT OF DUPLICATE CARDS. It is nice to get some duplicate cards but to get the same card 6 times and you can only evolve that card to a 5 or a 6 star then in it just becomes a waist of money. How about making a card trading system for the players. Now that would be a great idea. If you feel the same way then make yourself herd.
drewzilla

Re: Card Draw Issue

Postby Boop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:34 am

The biggest problem with this is that there's only a small amount of cards to be honest. You can't have rare cards dropping at a common rate, that just makes everything common. Instead of making demands, how about propose a solution? I don't think simply putting the devs on blast because you have not got good cards is a nice approach.

I propose the following;

1) People are starting to reach end game, and/or end team builds. We should consider an expansion set, with new cards, mostly for middle to end game scenario. Reason being is that a lot of the 'better cards' are not really that viable to use either. Putting in another set of mid to high end cards could mix that up again, and put everyone back to theory crafting.
Ie: 5*->6*-7* and 6*->7*->8*

2) Pal points system - Consider putting all cards into Pal Points, obviously 4/5/6 starts are exceptionally rare, but at least let it happen now and again.

3) Gem system rework - Of course these numbers are changeable, but it gives an idea of what could be done.

50 gems - 4* or better - Exactly as it currently is, cheap gambling.
100 gems - 5* or better.
300 gems - 6* or better.
500 gems - 6* or better, chance% of getting past event cards that are no longer in circulation
500 gems - 11 monsters - Exactly as it is.

This kind of setup still encourages the gem system, without editing it too far. It also provides choice for players. Thoughts?

Edit: Hard to implement a card trade system. Especially when you can have 2 devices, and just keep rerolling a new account, get the free 6* and send it across. Repeat. Also, with everyone trying to offload/trade their junk cards, it'll just be full of bad really. :(
Dragon Era - Boop - an80e3 - "Get on with the job"
Boop

Postby drewzilla » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:06 am

I did not want to seem like I was making demands, I was just upset about my card draws. The point I was trying to get across was that the random card draw is not that random, and that I got the same card from the gem pull and the same card from the pal point pull, 1 right after another, be honest you would be upset to. You have a good idea but not everyone is made of money with the cost of gems 500 or 1000 gems for a pull is crazy. Maybe if they could put some kind of filter on the draw system to make it that the same card is not drawn back to back and keep the 4* cards in the pal points draws that would be a great system.

My idea of the card trading system is flawed but if restrictions would be put in place like the one they have where you can't have two different accounts on one device, and maybe making it cost gems to trade, that is just a few ideas. It would defiantly need some other improvements but it could work and even make the company a little money. Like I said it is just an idea.

Once again I did not mean to sound like a jerk, I just wanted to be heard.

I hope that everyone has a happy holiday.
drewzilla

Postby Lickzy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 am

Boop,

A very well written/articulated reply. Great Job!

I also like the structure you presented, seems fair and balanced.

When solutions benefit both the players and playmage that is a real win win and an ideal outcome.

Hopefully your idea gets some traction.
username: lickzy
guild: obscurity
player id: acencd
Lickzy

Postby Boop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:04 am

Drewzilla, all good, the tone on internet town is sometimes hard to judge.

A trade system could work, but would be difficult. Here are some things for us to consider, theorize and solve so the PM/DE team can take any of our suggestions seriously.

-Installing gems as a cost is a great idea, but who pays the fee?
-Also, we would have to consider some form of trade limitation. Ie: You can only advertise 3 cards at one given time. Otherwise people would bog down the server advertising junk constantly. They'd basically be DDOSing themselves when people refresh the trade card screen.
-Another question is what are we trading for? Are we putting up a gold price? Are we asking for gems from other people? Are we requesting a specific card? How will any of this be communicated due to a lack of chat function?
-On the subject of costs, what limitations (if any) will be put in place?
-Can this be monitored otherwise to avoid a black market situation?
-Is this indicating that the community is prepared to move into a more organised network? Should we have a dedicated trade forum to simultaneously boost community contact and also operate the trade [WTS / WTB] system? And the only way to trade is to actually have each others friends codes (via communication on this new forum) and it works on a send/receive (like a friend request, but card... request...?) (Psss admin, this is a rad idea)

Lickzy, thanks! :)

I do my best to present an objective view, as hard as it can be. Without sounding like a cheerleader, but; "Let's all work together to improve the community, and spread love!"

Boop

Postby Midas » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:06 am

How you would create trade in game there gamers isolated?
Trade between guildmembers? Then guild chat will instantly turn into trademarket.
Between friends? How you would communicate with them?

Plus it create tons of ways for cheating and duplicating. Like - you trade, then instantly restart your device, receive card from trade and because game restored from last save you also have your card back. Not counting that someone will create main account and 5 additional (on cheap Android devices) that will feed main with cards from free recruit, and each month gem recruit.

Better they spend this time for creating more interesting content for game)
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby Boop » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:24 am

I'm not big on the trade system either, it hurt a lot of games. Look at the AH for Diablo 3 for instance when it happened. However, it doesn't hurt to consider/think about it.

And I also agree that better content should be prioritised.
Boop

Postby DrRickso » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:05 pm

The only way I see trades working would be within the guild between guild members, and a requirement to trade cards with a similar value (ie. the values attached to them in the guild shop- 15k GP 6* for another 15k GP 6*). There would probably have to be some leeway though in terms of trading a 20k card for a 15K should be allowed, as some of the 20k cards are overrated vs 15's but they're in line with oneanother. And there couldn't be any "2 for 1" type trades... It would have to be 1 for 1 similar value.

Also, there would have to be a limit on trades between the same people as once per week or something like that to stop people from trading back and forth. Or maybe even only one trade overall per week.

This could be achieved by having an offering list where you put out the card you want from your deck into a list and then select from a list of all cards that you want in exchange (sorted by the system to show only like cards from the overall card list)... If someone in the guild wants your card they have to click accept provided that they have the required card to exchange with you. (Just one possible option)
DrRickso

Postby Midas » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:20 am

This will turn guild into some sort of bazaar.
If you wanted to trade, you will join every guild and check that they have to offer.

Trade don't fit game right now.
It require to change many things in how players cooperate between themselves.
Midas aka Howrus. GM of Fairy Tails.
Midas

Postby drewzilla » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:45 am

You all have some good points. The only reason I think it would be a good idea, some players like myself don't spend a lot of money on gems and would like to get some of the better cards and it is hard to do so with out spending the cash.

To respond to the cheating issue why couldn't they put a system in place like they have on my tablet, I have two accounts on it one for myself and one for my son. He wanted to play the came and when he loaded it to his profile my account showed up. So he could not play on my tablet. If they made it to get one free card per devise no matter how many times they reload, that would put a stop to the cheating.

If they did a guild trading system with a once a week trading per member, and made it cost like 5 gems per trade with no two for one deals, and the cards to be traded were equal star trade, then the members could talk on a message system that works with the trade system It I think it could work. It would need more work but just give it some thought.

Like I said it is just an idea.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday.
drewzilla

Return to Dragon Era Support