Raids crashing

Raids crashing

Postby bindur » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Anyone else having this issue or can advise how I can get around it?

Whenever tapping the 'raids' option, I get the connecting wheel, then the game freezes and crashes. The only way that I can get to a raid boss is by encountering one myself. Even then, when the battle is over, the game freezes/crashes afterwards when tapping either the home or continue options.

I saw similar nuances of people stating it took a little while to load, but not the crash issue. Currently on version 1.2.0 on an iPod touch 4th generation. Plenty of free space on the device and no other apps running in the background. Is there something in settings that I need to change in order to increase the delay before a crash? Thanks in advance.
bindur

Re: Raids crashing

Postby admin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:26 am

It sounds like that your device is ran out of memory and crashing. That raids page may require decent amount of free memory to display if you have lots of friends that recently killed many bosses. The list of boss will become few though as your friends boss gets to higher level. You can try force closing some of the other apps you previously opened, which may help you finish loading the page without crashing.

UPDATE: We changed our server so the game will only list 50 most recent raid bosses by truncating those that were defeated/escaped (those still can be fought will not be filtered out). This should help keep the memory requirement down a little.

In version 1.2.4, which is already released on Android and pending review for iOS, the loading of the boss list will become dynamic so it will load much faster.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Raids crashing

Postby bindur » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks for the response. I freed up 2 GB on the device and either that did the trick or the pending update/hotfix was effective. Raids are no longer taking so long to load and there is no crash.

I didn't make the connection to the number of friends as in the early stages on Android, only a few raid bosses would show up. But with a full list of 50 friends when Apple updated went through, the list of raid bosses did increase dramatically.
bindur

Return to Dragon Era Support