Holy Panzer Skill up not working

Holy Panzer Skill up not working

Postby Harcourt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 am

Hi PM,

Over both the last time the map was available to play and this time round I've won 19 Holy Panzer Dragons. I've kept one and used all others to skill it up. Sadly, though the strengthen map indicates each addition will give me 15%, 30% skill increased, (based on the number of panzers I'm using that strengthen), my skill level is still only at 1. I'd like this review and corrected as I've invested an enormous amount of time and refreshes to fully skill up this Panzer.

Thanks in advance :)

Harcourt
Harcourt

Re: Holy Panzer Skill up not working

Postby admin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:35 am

Hi Harcourt,

Thanks for your message. The skill level up percentage is a chance for success for the current attempt, and it doesn't aggregate in case of failure. Though failing on all 18 cards is very unlucky indeed. In the future, if you have multiple cards with the same skill available to use on strengthen for skill level up, you can considering using as many as possible at the same time (up to 6 for 90% chance of success) instead of one or two at the time to avoid such extreme bad luck.

Hope this helps,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Harcourt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:39 am

That's not at all how I understood skill leveling up to occur. I'd thought that one skill level card used in strenthening was assuring you of a 15% increase, therefore you'd need 7 to level up. Now I learn that this is a lottery, too? Wow. I must confess that this has disappointed me above all other changes and limitations of the game. Still, I thank you for your prompt reply.

Harcourt
Harcourt

Postby Bigbadjohn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Always worth testing on lower level stuff I found. I don't like the fact that upgrade is never certain - even with 6 there is a 10% chance of failure, why on earth the % wasn't 16.6666% per card I never know!
Bigbadjohn

Postby Durst » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:03 am

If I'm not mistaken, increasing skill levels designed to be difficult. When any and all cards we collect are fodder for our best cards to cannibalize and the XP rate is so generous, leveling up a card's stats is really easy. I'm under the impression that skilling up was intended to be more difficult to present more of a challenge and give higher-level players something to work towards. If all we had to do to "max" a card is feed it a few dozen weaker ones, I for one would get bored pretty quickly :P
Durst

Postby Bigbadjohn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Durst wrote:If I'm not mistaken, increasing skill levels designed to be difficult. When any and all cards we collect are fodder for our best cards to cannibalize and the XP rate is so generous, leveling up a card's stats is really easy. I'm under the impression that skilling up was intended to be more difficult to present more of a challenge and give higher-level players something to work towards. If all we had to do to "max" a card is feed it a few dozen weaker ones, I for one would get bored pretty quickly :P

Nobody has complained about the difficulty here - the discussion is about the 'randomness' of the outcome - there is a 1% chance (in theory) that 2 sets of 6 panzers fed to another has zero result! This is going to happen and be dispiriting. What I proposed is offer some certainty whilst only making it marginally easier - if people want to gamble on upgrades fine, but with the many occurrences of weird outcomes from random events in the game I'd rather see some smoothing of outcomes.
Bigbadjohn

Return to Dragon Era Support