Failed to connect to server.

Failed to connect to server.

Postby Air » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:35 pm

I get this "Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later" message and crash. It does not matter how long I wait, once the message is up I wont be able to keep playing unless I restart.

This happens most of the time only when i load in new coin in the middle of a battle, or as a finish killing the last boss in a quest/bonus event/raid. Because of this I do not get the rewards and i lose the exp/coin/energy. Its as if i leave in the middle of the fights.
It's not always that I wont be able to connect back. Sometimes if i close out of the game and open it up again, it will allow me to reconnect, claim my reward, and then it will crash on me again and not work until I have restarted the game fully.

Is this normal? Its getting worse and as I'm getting higher up I feel like i lose more when it crashes and i want it to stop. T.T
Air

Re: Failed to connect to server.

Postby admin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:39 am

Hi Air, thanks for the report. What type of device are you using and what version of the game do you have installed (can be found at the top right corner in the intro cloud-floating screen)
admin
Site Admin

Postby Air » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:09 am

I'm using a Samsung galaxy S II
Dragon era Version:1.3.11
Air

Postby pmsupport » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi Air, thanks for the information. I will forward it to our Dev Team.
Meanwhile, please try to ensure that you are under a stable network environment when you are about to kill the boss/defeat the stage or load more coins because that's when our game client needs to use the network. And when you get the message of "Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later", you can (without force quit the app) turn off your network connection, turn it on and then go into the game and tap the button under the message to try to reconnect the game (if it doesn't work, repeat it a few times.) It usually helps you reconnect with game.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Air » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 am

I just crashed again. This time it was on King Solomon's Mine's Difficult. I lost the 20 energy and because I crashed right as the end, after all the bosses were killed, also missed out on the 63 000 coin i was supposed to be rewarded. Normally I would not be upset, but this is a huge loss for me.

It was not an internet issue. I have no trouble with my connection. It's something with the game believing it lost connection. If i tab out of the app and then back in again, not force closing it, it will sometimes let me reconnect, not this time. Other times it will just force the game to crash.
Please look into it or at least give the reward i lost back. ;~;
My ID: ec0mb4
Air

Postby pmsupport » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:09 am

Hi Air, sorry to hear that the game crashed again. Did this time the message of "Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later" also appeared before the crash? Did the game crash by shutting itself off, froze or keep giving you the disconnect message that you had to force quit it? I will forward the new information to our QA Team and Dev Team. Meanwhile, you can update to the latest version 1.3.12 if you haven't yet, of which the stability and progress recovery has been improved. I have also sent you a private message regarding the matter. Please check your inbox in User Control Panel-->Private Messages.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Air » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 am

I got the "Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later" message, clicked it a few times, then I went back to home screen on my phone, and clicked the Dragon era icon so that the game would show up again where I left it. (Most of the times when I do this I will be able to click connect and it will connect back again.) After this failed and still kept showing the "Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later" message I tabbed over to another app, and then back to dragon era again. (This is last chance i have, in rare cases it will let me tab back in and if that does happen it will connect after i click the reconnect button) When it was moving to the dragon era game the game instantly shut down, no message, no force close action taken, just gone.

And that's step by step what happened. I had already updated to the 1.3.12 version.

Also thank you for all the effort put in to help me. I really appreciate it.
Air

Postby pmsupport » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi Air, thank you for the detailed information. I will forward them to our Dev Team. And as I suggested before, when you get the "Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later" message, you can try turning off your network connection, wait a while, turn it back on and then try to reconnect the game (or turn on your airplane mode, wait a while and turn it off), as this method proves to be effective in reconnecting with game server.
Please also avoid having other apps running in the background or opening other apps when you are battling if the game keep shutting itself off.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Air » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:17 am

I tried turning off my internet connection on my phone, it didn't help at all. Also tried to just restart my internet router, again it did not let me connect no matter how long I waited or how much I clicked.(I know for a fact that the internet was working when I tried to reconnect, I had waited 'till after the wireless internet was working again on a laptop.) I do not believe this problem actually has anything to do with my connection.
Also when I did not have an actual internet connection it would tell me in a message that it can't connect to internet, not that it cant connect to the server.

I do not keep other apps up in the background normally, If i do tab out to try to use that to connect back, I will mostly tab out to the app/task manager and then back.
Air

Postby pmsupport » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 am

Hi Air, thanks for the information. I have forwarded it to our Dev team.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Next

Return to Dragon Era Support