Failed to connect to the server

Failed to connect to the server

Postby redfox7 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:52 am

Hello, I'm reporting this issue only now due to lack of time in the past few days, but ever since DE got updated to version 2.0 I'm experiencing a heavy bug.
At the end of a level, after defeating all mobs and the boss, I get a message window that says "Failed to connect to the server. Please try again later.", and no matter how many times I click the "Retry" button, it won't reconnect.
So all I can do is restart the app, and when I'm back into the game I find myself at earlier stages of the level most of the times. This can especially be terrible in places where battles last ages, so I hope it can be looked up and fixed.

This has never happened to me before the 2.0 update, so it probably has to do with that.

Android version 4.0.4

redfox7

Re: Failed to connect to the server

Postby admin » Sun May 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello redfox7, thanks for contacting us about this issue. How frequent does this happen? Have you upgraded to latest version? (2.0.4 for Android and 2.0.2 for iOS).
admin
Site Admin

Postby redfox7 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:05 am

Yes, the app is updated to the latest version, 2.0.4.

As for how frequently that happened, that's hard to say.
As soon as version 2.0 came out, the bug kept occurring almost at each level.
On those days I was active mostly on Jewel Sea Dragon levels, and I had that issue very often if not always. To make it worse, it required a lot of time to reach the chests limit and after going through all that when I opened the app and unlocked the screen I often found myself back to the first stage with 0 chests and had to do it all over again.
So in the following days I played less and in shorter levels, and it happened less frequently, but it was still happening.
On the next weekend I focused on Solomon Mines, and since those had longer levels I started having those issues more often again. And just like on Jewel, when I was about to complete them I often found myself forced to restart from the very early stages, like 2/3 or 3/10.
That's why between this bug and a lack of time on my side I haven't really been much active in the following days.

I regularly updated the app, but nothing changed even after updating to version 2.0.2.
On the other hand, when 2.0.3 came out things seem to work fine again, and I managed to play for a couple days without that issue ever resurfacing.
Then, since I was close to leveling up to lvl 101, I took a break from levels for a week and decided to focus on arena, therefore I have no idea if the bug was present during that week.
But yesterday, after I finished my arena passes and since there were only 24 hours left before arena reset, I decided to level up and focus on Solomon Mines again, but sadly I realized the bug was still there, even though now it seems to be not as terrible as before (I often have to restart from the 10th stage out of 10 instead of having to restart from the very early stages).
redfox7

Postby admin » Mon May 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks for the additional information. We did find the issue that causes the last wave to be repeated on restart when it's already cleared and will be fixing it with our next update. As for the reconnect/retry failing issue, version 2.0.3+ should make things better, please also ensure you have a strong wifi signal when the game attempts to the server.
admin
Site Admin

Postby redfox7 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 am

Updated to version 2.0.5 some hours ago, done 2 runs of Water Apocalypse since then, the first one was ok, the second was much longer cause I had to do other things inbetween, and the error was still there at the end.
redfox7

Postby pmsupport » Wed May 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi redfox7, thanks for the report. Were you forced to restart from the very early stages again, like 2/3 or 3/10, or from the last wave, like 3/3 or 10/10?
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby redfox7 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:36 am

In last 2-3 days I noticed that if I exit the app and reopen it without closing manually, I can restart from the "Level Clear" screen.
Otherwise, if I exit the app, then I close it manually from the "running app list", it happen to restart from early stages (2/10 or 3/10 often).
But sometimes even if I don't close the app manually, when I reopen the game it restarts itself (with Fairy Queen loading screen before restart to play), and in this case I restart form early stages.

Other detail I noticed, hoping to be helpful: when I succed in reopening the app from the "Level Clear" screen, this time the "Retry" button seems to work. But after I have got my rewards, I get the disconnetion nag again and I need to close manually the app (but this time it's not a big deal...).
redfox7

Postby admin » Fri May 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi redfox7. The bug we fixed in 2.0.5 is when you allowing you to resume from level clear screen no matter how you close the app. As far as the connection issue itself, I recommend trying uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that make it go away if it happen to have started recently (a small handful of players may have previously received a bad 2.0.2 patch which may have connection bug that can be only fixed by reinstall instead of updating). Please jot down your account information and your friend code just in case and remember to re-protect your cards after reinstalling as uninstall undo their status.
admin
Site Admin

Postby redfox7 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:23 am

Just reinstalled the app, luckly after the 2.0.6 version come out. I'll try to check for the disconnection in next days.
redfox7

Return to Dragon Era Support