name change

name change

Postby a9yay6 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:11 am

when I first got this game a friend of mine set it up on my phone and before I knew it he had picked my username for me. I have kept it out of laziness through 154 lvls now, but I would prefer my typical gamertag that I use for everything. Please tell me there is a way to change it. I'd deeply appreciate it. it feels awkward using my rl name for any videogame; especially one involving rl people.
Chad
lvl 162
Guild Leader of Fairy Tails
a9yay6

Re: name change

Postby admin » Mon May 05, 2014 5:42 am

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, there is no way to change your in-game-name after it has been selected.
admin
Site Admin

Postby a9yay6 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:33 am

what do you do in the case if an offensive name? I know there is a way to change it. Please review your name change policy.
Chad
lvl 162
a9yay6

Postby admin » Tue May 06, 2014 2:02 am

We have a name filter that blocks most offensive names. If one does slip through that requires changing, then we then have to to create a database change order and have our system admin manually either delete the account for severe violations or wait for it to become in a changeable state then modify it (which can take a long time). There is no tools for us support team to do this, thus we can't offer anyone a name change until we add such feature to the game.
admin
Site Admin

Postby a9yay6 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:16 am

admin wrote:We have a name filter that blocks most offensive names. If one does slip through that requires changing, then we then have to to create a database change order and have our system admin manually either delete the account for severe violations or wait for it to become in a changeable state then modify it (which can take a long time). There is no tools for us support team to do this, thus we can't offer anyone a name change until we add such feature to the game.

well I would suggest you implement this feature, but it seems you are about to be broke since so many people are quitting since you are requiring consumables in order to pass your new content. Pending that you make the necessary changes and are able to stay in business this should be something that is made available.
Chad
lvl 162
a9yay6

Postby ZOOT » Wed May 07, 2014 7:31 am

admin wrote:We have a name filter that blocks most offensive names. If one does slip through that requires changing, then we then have to to create a database change order and have our system admin manually either delete the account for severe violations or wait for it to become in a changeable state then modify it (which can take a long time). There is no tools for us support team to do this, thus we can't offer anyone a name change until we add such feature to the game.

still i saw someone with the name ANUS????
ZOOT

Return to Dragon Era Support