Totem IV effects on Horsemen - are they working

Totem IV effects on Horsemen - are they working

Postby Bigbadjohn » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:08 am

I have been playing about with horsemen and was puzzled by the seemingly poor number of lines I got when I had a horseman in a leader slot.

I thought I'd monitor 100 spins at 21 lines with Water Totem IV as a leader ability and see what transpired. Astonishingly I got only 21 lines from 108 spins! Since on a sample of over 1000 spins without the ability I get c21% lines on a mono deck and with Earth Totem III (which in previous forums is supposed to give +50%) I got 32% (over 160 spins) it does worry me that the leader ability is somehow not activating.

Two questions
1 - what increase is Totem IV meant to give?
2 - are the devs confident it is activating as expected?

Thanks

**Update ** extended the test and now it clearly appears that the effect of Totem IV seems to be to REDUCE the chances of that line appearing - are we sure somebody hasn't mixed up the formula.
Bigbadjohn

Re: Totem IV effects on Horsemen - are they working

Postby pmsupport » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:17 am

Hi Bigbadjohn, as the totem III/IV skills description says "chances of matching water symbols get moderately/significantly increased", the chances are increased by X% not increased to X%. We are confident that it is activating as expected. I have just checked the data of this skill set and they are all correct. This skill set has been tested many times. Every time a player raised a double, we let the QA team know and had them test it again. Therefore, we are confident that this skill set is working.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Bigbadjohn » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:09 am

I fully understand the maths you explain and that is the basis I am working on! - however now with testing further, we have three cases I am testing

1) Totem IV - 470 spins success rate - 18.6%

2) Totem III - 432 - 17.6%

3) No totem - 1400+ spins 20.9%

I am well over 400 spins in each scenario - just auto spin and recording outcomes. There is no significant difference between the matching % in each case in fact case 3 is giving highest match level. The worst is case 2, but it still lies within the 97.5% confidence limit statistically so I'll reserve judgement as yet.

The thing is pre-update when this was last discussed I rested this extensively with over 1200 spins of normal vs. over 300 spins of Earth Totem III and Earth Totem III gave almost exactly 50% more matches than no totem - so it worked as you explained in previous post.
I have extensively tested damage output on horsemen and using them in leader slot seems to be a total waste which led me to doing a more structured and controlled test - I will continue but nothing indicates that this is working.

Added in new results after a lot more spins - still not looking like it works at all!!!!

Totem III was supposed to be 50% increase - what increase is IV?

More test updates - switching the Totem Ability to my team leader so far has given better results - Totem Ability in friends leader slot seems to have the lesser (or zero) effect.
Bigbadjohn

Postby pmsupport » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:05 am

Hi Bigbadjohn, whether the card is your team leader or the helper's team leader will not affect any skill performance including the totems skills. "chances of matching water symbols" are the chances of matching water symbols in the total matched lines of 6 symbols, not the chances of matching water symbols in all the spins. Totem III gives 45% increase and Totem IV gives 55% increase. The skill formula has not been changed. The skill has just been tested again and the outcome is just what it is designed to be. Therefore, please rest assure that the totem skills are working. Please do not ask us for further information as they cannot be disclosed.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Return to Dragon Era Support