Force close

Force close

Postby matt » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:40 pm

I was Doing the light apocalypse- insane. Had just made it to the 6th round. Used 2 active skills and then went to spin and the game force closed on me. I had 4 brown chests and 1 gold chest. I also lost 40 energy with nothing to show for it
matt

Re: Force close

Postby pmsupport » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi matt, sorry to hear that the game crashed on you. Could you provide the names of the 2 active skills you used? Did the game crash right after you used the 2 skills when you tapped the SPIN button?
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby matt » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm

I used void bomb 1 and Venom field. And yes as soon as I tapped spin it force closed
matt

Postby mee » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Had his game data saved as it should, nothing would be lost. Maybe address why it's not working on certain phones.
mee

Postby matt » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 am

This is true
matt

Postby admin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:49 am

There are many scenarios on various Android devices why temporary save file don't work, there are literally thousands different Android devices and there is no way for us to test all of them. Other reasons can also be caused by other softwares installed and running on the device. The list of reasons includes:

- Utility or manager app running in the background that claims to optimize memory/space, but really erases your temporary safe files of other apps.
- Running low on battery on some Android devices will type the temporary safe file.
- Running low on memory on the main phone memory.
- Running low on memory where the app is installed (main or sd card)
- Manually going into settings to clear the app data.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- Running too many apps simultaneously.

If force close is happening consistently, it's much better if we have a repro case for the force close so we can fix it since that would be within our control (for example we fixed some slow memory leaks that was causing force closes after playing for long time a few versions ago). But if it's one of those rare occasional force closes, it can also be caused by exactly same set of reasons listed above for losing the temporary safe file unfortunately.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Support