Missing raid boss reward card

Missing raid boss reward card

Postby pamann23 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:26 am

Hi, killed a raid boss at server time 22:20:28 on 2014-11-28. I was the only attacker and the kill was confirmed., so I expected to recive 2 raid reward cards, but only got one. I spend a considerable amount of money on the game, and used several revives in killing this boss, so am especially disappointed to have received only one reward card.

I am also at the point where I am considering stopping play altogether, because despite all the money and play time I've invested, I have never, ever won even a single raid boss, special map card of significance, or valuable guild war card - all despite many, many attempts.. This is especially disappointing given that lower level players have earned many such cards, and using those cards they are consistently able to earn greater rewards than I am. Is it possible that some sort of glitch in the system accounts for this, or do you expect that players will spend ever more money if rewards are withheld? I am asking an honest question here, so would appreciate a frank answer.
pamann23

Re: Missing raid boss reward card

Postby admin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Hello pamann23,

Sorry to hear about what happened. Please send us your 6 letter digit friend code ID (menu -> friendship -> search) to support@playmage.com so we can locate your account and see why you received only one card instead of two. Often, this may be caused by delays showing the other attacker who may actually already defeated the boss as well before you even though it appears that no one attacked it before you also defeated it.
admin
Site Admin

Postby pamann23 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi again, my game ID is e6e2mc. I was the only attacker of the raid boss i killed.

I have used many, many, many revives in trying to win my first valuable card from raids & bonus maps, and during guild wars (in fact it takes many revives just to break 5,000 points). Doesn't it seem strange that I can't win a single valuable card even though I'm at level 153, when other players at much lower levels are winning good cards repeatedly?? It's not like I'm playing without good strategy, I just can't get the cards that would allow me to get more good cards. Does Playmage realize that there is a limit to how much players will spend before getting so frustrated with lack of payoff and progress that they simply quit the game?? I am just about at that point now.
pamann23

Postby pmsupport » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Hi pamann23, you should have killed the boss after it expired. It's per design that if the boss is killed after it expires, all the damage dealer will receive one card instead of receiving nothing. Sorry to hear that you haven't received a boss card yet, but please rest assure that there is nothing with your account or the app that will cause you not receiving cards of significance. The drop rate of raid boss cards is low, especially for level 20-30 raid boss stages. BTW, just in case you don't know raid bosses that are below level 20 do not drop boss cards.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby pamann23 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks for your reply.
pamann23

Postby ferg » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:06 am

Support, how can you be fighting something, beat it and it still escapes? That just doesn't make sense!

Can dev's maybe looking into changing this? What the point of fighting one with 10 minutes or less left if it will escape?
ferg

Postby Lee » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 am

Hi Ferg. "Escaped" I guess is just the terminology used to indicate that it wasn't killed before the timer expired. Escaped / Killed, is just a bit of a gimmick really.

Fighting a boss with 10 mins to go is our choice and in all likeliness, we would know that we couldn't kill it before timer 0.

On the flip side, we could consider ourselves lucky that the match doesn't end on zero countdown with no spoils for our efforts. (We still get 1 card for a kill after zero)

I get what your saying, but surely this is a small misconception and we would rather PM concentrate on more pressing matters?
Lee

Postby ferg » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:47 am

Then what about killing a raid boss that is already dead? That's 2 issues that I have with raid bosses.

Just agreeing with OP. Drops on raid bosses are not super friendly. Killed a lv 57 Chary solo to get a pair of 2* cards. Killed tons of 30's and 40's trying to get my guild members one. Out of the hundreds of Charys I've killed, I've gotten maybe 8 raid boss cards? When you use up revives and time to have your chances cut in half by getting only one card because its already dead or escaped is lame.

Edit: pamann23, took your id number. I'll friend ya and help ya get a Chary.
ferg

Postby pmsupport » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi ferg, yes, here "escaped" means "expired". It's per design that there are only 4 hours for a encountered boss to stay. If we make it that players can still get the same rewards killing the boss after they escaped, the 4-hour setup will be changed and increased, and that's against the original intention of our Design Team. You can't enter the stage if the boss is already dead. A player is able to enter the stage when other players are also fighting the boss. If the game kick the other players out once the boss is killed by a player, the user experience will be much worse.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby ferg » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:45 am

Mainly talking about fighting a raid boss that someone else is fighting at the same time and kill it before you do but you make a good point on that too so I understand what you are saying.

Would love to see a symbol or something letting me know someone else is fighting. Hate to steal someone's work!
ferg

Next

Return to Dragon Era Support