Update problems

Update problems

Postby delta » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:32 am

Since I installed the update on my ipad, I am encountering some issues that I haven't had before. There are two main issues but they do not happen all the time.
1) Upon entering the application, I get a data error message (I forget the exact wording) telling me an error has occurred and to exit and restart the application. Uusally that solves the problem but this never happened before. It also can occur sometimes when I go to claim the special bonus. Usually when that happens I do not get the special bonus at that time.
2) In the guild shop, on certain items the required points do not show. I have noticed that this is usually when an item costs more than 1,000 guild points. I have not tried to purchase those items with no price so I do not know if I can purchase them or not.

Are these problems I will just have to live with until the next update or is there something you can do? Thanks in advance.
delta

Re: Update problems

Postby pmsupport » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:29 am

Hi delta, did you get the data error message every time you entered the game? Is it "Data error. Please exit and restart the application"? Did the game always give the data error message when you claimed the last one (the Wheel of Fortune reward) or any special bonus? Did you mean that the guild shop only showed the required points for some of the items? Are those items all cards? It will be much appreciated if you can send the screenshots of the 3 problems you described to support@playmage.com.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby admin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:41 am

Issue number 2 should now be fixed now if you reopen the app. There is a few small text display issues with 64 bit devices and we had work-around couple by changing the labels. We are also submitting a client update to fix this properly.
admin
Site Admin

Postby SeasDiver » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:09 pm

I have seen both of these problems as well. For issue #1, the key to reproducing it on iOS is to switch to the home screen or another application and then switch back to the game. If you are at the home screen, you will pretty much always see the claim button rather than the countdown timer. Clicking the claim will result in the data error message and reboot of the game. If however, you switch to a different screen (i.e. View your cards) and switch back to th main screen, then button will change to the appropriate countdown time instead of the claim button. Thus the crash is occurring because a user is trying to claim the reward some time before it is actually available due to the game not properly (re)synchronizing if it is put in the background. If I force the app to close, I will never see issue 1 since it has a forced synchronization.
SeasDiver

Postby pmsupport » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi SeasDiver, thanks for the detailed information.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby delta » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:23 pm

FYI, I just sent screenshot of error and details of what I did to support@playmage.com

Also in response to your previous questions.
No, I do not get the error every time I enter the game or tried to claim the bonus, just sometimes.
For the guild shop issue (whichyou have fixed), it was not only cards, it happened with energy potions x1 also.
delta

Postby pmsupport » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi delta, yes, we have received your email. Thank you for all the information. Please look forward to the update.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Return to Dragon Era Support