New tablet, Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, DE freeze on splash scree

New tablet, Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, DE freeze on splash scree

Postby Sigourney » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:30 am

So, i got a new tablet, its got KitKat on it, my previous one just got a crack in the glass, so im swapping......Ive loaded my google profile, all settings have been checked and re-checked, ...any other game works perfect, I have re-installed about 20 times.......it never gets past the 1st splash screen...its driving me crazy...
Is there a issue with DE im unaware of, or is there some crazy setting or change i need to make in order to get my google profile up sync'd with DE correctly ?
Sigourney

Re: New tablet, Android 4.4.2 Kitkat, DE freeze on splash sc

Postby Sigourney » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:07 am

someone turn down the volume on the crickets..........
Sigourney

Postby Sigourney » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:34 pm

anything the Admin can offer would help.....
Sigourney

Postby pmsupport » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:04 am

Sigourney wrote:So, i got a new tablet, its got KitKat on it, my previous one just got a crack in the glass, so im swapping......Ive loaded my google profile, all settings have been checked and re-checked, ...any other game works perfect, I have re-installed about 20 times.......it never gets past the 1st splash screen...its driving me crazy...
Is there a issue with DE im unaware of, or is there some crazy setting or change i need to make in order to get my google profile up sync'd with DE correctly ?

Can you please describe what happens at the splash screen? Are you getting an error dialog that says something or getting kicked out from the splash screen with just "Dragon Era has stopped"?
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Sigourney » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:04 pm

Niether, it just starts with the splash (Fairy princess) and never continues, no error, no "stopped working", it freezez there....if i start another app, and switch back and forth, eventually Android will alert me that DE is "not responding".
Sigourney

Postby Sigourney » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Anything, can you give me any profile or google play, or google+, or android setting that should or should not be enabled....?
Sigourney

Postby pmsupport » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi Sigourney, sorry for the late reply. We haven't found the cause yet, unfortunately. Please try logging out your Google account and opening the game again to see if it helps.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Sigourney » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:53 am

You guys ever use Android? You cant "log off" a google sync'd account, you must delete it and its accompanying settings.......

SO, I deleted that account, and rebooted and ran DE, and......it just does the same thing.....Frozen at first splash screen
Sigourney

Postby pmsupport » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:46 am

Hi Sigourney, sorry for my mistake because I personally am not using any Android device. Please rest assured that our testers and developers use Android devices to test the game as much as iOS devices. We will keep looking into this. Meanwhile, you can try closing all the other apps, uninstall the utility apps if there is any installed on your device and open the game again. You can also try installing the game to the SD card instead of the internal storage or vice versa to see if it helps. How many free storage is there on your device? There are too many different types of android devices. If convenient, providing the device type (such as Samsung Galaxy Tab S2) may help.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Sigourney » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Its a brand new, generic, Quad core, 1GB Ram, 8gig SSD, I have only installed Google Play, and Google+, I have factory reset it and wiped it a few times during this process, I have no other apps running when i try to execute DE, and i have moved it from the internal memory to the 16gig MicroSD and tried to run it. Are there any system particular settings that i could check, that HAVE to be enabled in order to run DE. IE: location settings, admin controls over anything particular.
I do have DE still currently installed on my old tablet, and have updated my google play app settings to the cloud. Therefore any time I start an app on this new tablet and its a previous game i have played, that app's settings are automatically installed. As i said originally, I have yet to find a new, or previously played game that does not function as intended, therefore i cant logically see any kind of hardware or firmware issue.

Tablet Brand: alldaymall A88S
Sigourney

Next

Return to Dragon Era Support