Game barely playable on iPhone8

Game barely playable on iPhone8

Postby SeasDiver » Sat May 26, 2018 7:09 am

Since upgrading from an iPhone 5s, to an iPhone8, I have found the game barely playable.

I have tried transferring my Id to an iPad and reinstalling on my phone but the problems persist after installation. I am wondering if it is due to speed changes in the processor or race conditions. The problems I have found with version 4.1.1:
    using targeting causes game to freeze - I cannot target a specific opponent without the game freezing
    free spins result in game freezing ~75 % of the time - swiping the game up to unload from memory allows me to restart battles at the beginning which allows me to at least compete in the guild was even though I may battle the same boss up to 5 times before completing the battle
    timers don’t work properly - guild way countdown (for example) decreases much faster than 1 second per real time second by my tapping anywhrre else on screen or tapping and holding
    graphics timing, the higher speed of graphics means I sometimes see the damage display text and sometimes don’t
iPhone 8, iOS 11.3.1
SeasDiver

Re: Game barely playable on iPhone8

Postby admin » Sun May 27, 2018 12:07 am

Hi SeasDiver,

Thanks for the report. We aren't seeing these issues when testing on the iphone8. Was your phone purchased directly from Apple, as third party may have some setting presets or differences that may cause issues... One thing you can try to reinstall the app to see if that solves the issue (make sure you write down your in-game name, 6 letter/digit game id, and coin/gem balance just in case before reinstall).

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby SeasDiver » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:08 pm

I have tried reinstalling twice more, and am about to try a third time. I turn off the phone between uninstalling and installing. The phone was purchase directly from Apple.
SeasDiver

Postby SeasDiver » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:48 pm

4th reinstall seems to be mostly working. I uninstalled the game, rebooted the phone, updated to IOS 11.4, rebooted, reinstalled and it is not hanging on the free spins anymore. Not sure about targeting. It still has the countdown timer issue though.
SeasDiver

Postby SeasDiver » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Ok, so trying to use targeting is still causing hangs. Any ideas other than a reinstall (since I have already tried that 4 times)? Could my profile be corrupted somehow? A bad card or image file?
SeasDiver

Postby admin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:59 am

Do you still see other issues such as free spin hanging our timer being fast? We have seen incorrectly overclocked cpus can cause timers going off faster than real time, but if your phone was bought direct from the official Apple Store (eg. not a reseller or online). that is unlikely the case.

You can also try to make sure sound effects are disabled in the game, as it's possible it's the targeting and free spin sound effect causing the crash on your phone.

Also, the iOS 11.3.1 update has bit of problems on some phones as well, so if no workaround works, you can wait for a 11.3.2 update to come out to see if that fixes the targeting issue.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Return to Dragon Era Support