GUILD WAR

Re: GUILD WAR

Postby bindur » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Feel free to branch this off into another topic, but this seems a good place to add a few cents to the discussion as it relates to the facebook server.

Honestly, this doesn't feel like a finished product on facebook and to me, it's a bit sloppy. The animations are slow and drawn out, the cards page glitches out, there are display issues, we're all convinced that wild cards don't exist despite the skills to activate them, even the announcements have been inaccurate since deployment, chat can only be entered 40 characters at a time (which is 1/3 of the allowed on the guild wall). It feels that if there was a performance upgrade made or update pushed out, I did not receive that version and still kick around on the beta 0.0.0.0.1. One would have to believe that some exploits are being taken advantage of when you see a level 38 user with a maxed out apocalypse card. Suffice it to say that it seems that an active watch is not being taken.

To the player base, I can't see an invested, well established mobile user jumping to this server to start from scratch. It really is not that convenient of a game to be playing on facebook as there is not a lot of action or active participation needed in order to play. Facebook is already saturated with games like that. To me, this has much greater appeal as a mobile app which still continues to enjoy an engaging audience.
bindur

Postby admin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:30 pm

bindur wrote:Feel free to branch this off into another topic, but this seems a good place to add a few cents to the discussion as it relates to the facebook server.

Honestly, this doesn't feel like a finished product on facebook and to me, it's a bit sloppy. The animations are slow and drawn out, the cards page glitches out, there are display issues, we're all convinced that wild cards don't exist despite the skills to activate them, even the announcements have been inaccurate since deployment, chat can only be entered 40 characters at a time (which is 1/3 of the allowed on the guild wall). It feels that if there was a performance upgrade made or update pushed out, I did not receive that version and still kick around on the beta 0.0.0.0.1. One would have to believe that some exploits are being taken advantage of when you see a level 38 user with a maxed out apocalypse card. Suffice it to say that it seems that an active watch is not being taken.

To the player base, I can't see an invested, well established mobile user jumping to this server to start from scratch. It really is not that convenient of a game to be playing on facebook as there is not a lot of action or active participation needed in order to play. Facebook is already saturated with games like that. To me, this has much greater appeal as a mobile app which still continues to enjoy an engaging audience.

Thanks for the feedback. This post indeed should be made on the bug/support forum for Facebook but I will leave it here for now. I have forwarded the 40 character issue and the wild card one for QA to check and file as bugs to be fixed for the next update. I am not seeing any performance issue or animation lags on our end but it could be browser/computer specific. The upgrade should be automatic but you can clear your browser's entire cache if you suspect you are using older version somehow.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nikola » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:25 am

admin wrote:First, thanks for pointing out the link is missing on our homepage (it as been added now), though our website actually receives a tiny fraction of traffic compared to our actual Facebook games, where the promotion can be found on the top for each. There is both a full screen takevoer on rotation, a permanent header ad, and the 100 gems cross-promo our most active web game (Dream World) right now. We also already dumped several thousands of ad fund to purchase Facebook ads (targeting players not connected to our games with certain criteria) and have not seen any return on that investment. Sure, you can purchase Gems to support the game if you don't want to bother with invites, but the data right shows less than 1% of players has done either on the Facebook server. I like your idea of advertising using the guild war start as an advertisement, but it actually don't work based on past experience with running ads based on events and promotions. We also have data from other partner server that shows running a war not enough active player not only do not help with game revenue, but actually hurt it in the long run as it's pretty much a pure prize away with no competition.

I am sorry of the expectation changed let anyone down, but I am not here to justify why the war has to be delayed. I can only inform everyone it has been delayed and that it would not likely to start until we have more active players, and I am only suggesting everyone can help to speed up the coming of the guild war.

First i must tell this was FAST creating button on your OWN page. Thanks for start listing players what they need. I hope this promotions on other games will bring some players and will make game more fun.

Now, i cant agree with u that u spend alot of fund for promotion game. First i find this game in NEWS GAMES, so im gamer and i dont find this game in any other game. Where is your banners in popular games? Where is your banners on facebook? Where is banners on NEW GAMES? this game was 2-3 days in NEW GAMES. If you like to earn money you need to investing in that and if u you think that for 1 weak u will get 1 million players then is something wrong with you guys.

Second, players start to leave game because game is boring and if u dont give to us something from 1% u will have 0.1%. So you need to think, is better you to have ex. 1000 players or 100 players. If this 1000 players invite 1 player there will be 2000, but if this 100 invite 1 player will be 200.

I suggest first and will be not hard for you because u have code for this, u need to give us wild, increase characters in chat and speed up game because is slow. Think about GW to give us on end of this month.
Nikola

Postby torianne » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:50 am

It is very annoying how you can't see the whole game and must scroll up and down to hit the spin button then scroll back up to watch the spins. The entire screen needs to be fit for monitor as it looks the size of a mobile. Also the game gives errors every 15-20 min and you have to refresh the page. I for one would not try to get friends to play until these issues are fixed.
torianne

Postby admin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:11 pm

You can get the game to fit on your screen with the (blue square) fullscreen button at the top right corner about the chat area. Can you describe a bit more detail about the error you are seeing?
admin
Site Admin

Postby dilsama » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:34 pm

I've had the game lock up on me now and then. I haven't been keeping track of how often it is, but whenever it does happen I refresh the page and the game continues on, maybe 2 or 3 spins back from where I was. The next 2 or 3 spins repeat what had previously happen (as if it was cached), and then the game continues on. Its a bit annoying, but no big loss, since I don't lose progress.
dilsama

Postby pmsupport » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi dilsama, thanks for the report. I will pass it to the QA team to reproduce.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Nikola » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:30 am

2 months have passed since we talked about gw still no change. I think you should do it now.
BTW now has alot more users than before.
Admins ?
Nikola

Postby admin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:24 am

Nikola wrote:2 months have passed since we talked about gw still no change. I think you should do it now.
Admins ?

We are waiting for the server to get to over 100 level 50+ players to start a guild war. However, the player base seems to be bit too casual so level increase is fairly slow, we are only half way there.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Nikola » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:18 pm

admin wrote:
Nikola wrote:2 months have passed since we talked about gw still no change. I think you should do it now.
Admins ?

We are waiting for the server to get to over 100 level 50+ players to start a guild war. However, the player base seems to be bit too casual so level increase is fairly slow, we are only half way there.

Nice, but u dont know what players do in game for they can make something and get some gems. Because im player i will explane...
First i start from me, i dont leveling up because, first we dont have arena +100 so why to go on +100 level when i dont get benefits from that level. Every weak i can get 6* card from arena honestly tell me why i need 100 level ?. I was 4 on leaderboard for level. Now im 20 or maybe more i dont care and i dont like to go up only for this reason and now you telling us to come 100 level and you will make guild war, this is funny.

Suggestion:
Make Arena +100 and you will see for 1 weak how much players will come +100........
Fixed bugs with wild
Fixed bugs with animation is slowwwww ( and dont tell me its browser or computer specification) i have i5-4670 3.40GHZ and GForce GTI 750 TI 2GB. What specification i need for Flash ??????......
Fixed bugs with players who get apo cards on 30 level, i still cant belive someone can do that. Maybe if he spend 100 revives and i think noone do that.
Nikola

PreviousNext

Return to Dragon Era Discussion (Facebook Server)