Joined Game

Joined Game

Postby thievingsquirrel » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:57 am

So, we noticed that there was a new feature that shows (Joined Chat) whenever someone appears, and we were wondering if there was an option to make it stop.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Re: Joined Game

Postby admin » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:10 am

It's a new feature we added to make the game bit more social by encourage players to interact more. We probably will leave it as is for couple weeks to see if everyone can adjust to it, and if people still feel that they don't like it by then, we will turn off the feature or add options to turn the feature off.
admin
Site Admin

Postby thievingsquirrel » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:12 am

Okay cool
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby Gizmet » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:31 am

if you go with the "turn off" option, there should be an option to turn off announcing your arrival (sometimes you just wanna pop in to check shop or hit gb, and don't really want to get dragged into chat) as well as ignoring other peoples. Also, considering how often refreshes are necessary, this feature seems like something that can easily clog up chat. I'd also like to say that if I haven't re-posted here in a week to say the feature seems fine, it's more likely that's just because I forgot to repost my feelings than because I've decided it's not such a bad feature.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby thievingsquirrel » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 am

admin wrote:It's a new feature we added to make the game bit more social by encourage players to interact more. We probably will leave it as is for couple weeks to see if everyone can adjust to it, and if people still feel that they don't like it by then, we will turn off the feature or add options to turn the feature off.

Well it's working, apparently some people have never seen that many people talk before. I guess it's living up to expectations then.
The lazy wiki admin
thievingsquirrel

Postby pmsupport » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:27 am

Hi Gizmet, thanks for your feedback.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby ruffriders23 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:01 am

Yes... VERY ANNOYING!!!
ruffriders23

Postby Roxie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:24 am

Although I understand your point of trying to get people to interact more with one another... Why the need?

I can only speak for myself... but If people wanted to chat, the chat box is right to the side of the game, you can't miss it. What's the point of saying when someone has entered chat... when really what it's saying is someone has logged into the game.... logged into to play, check shop, hit guildwar boss... but not "joined chat". That is an option of joining chat.... and I can do without the announcement when I log into the game.

But, since we're on the chat subject... If such features can be added and removed... why can't we have the mute button that some of us have requested. It's annoying when someone types in nonsense letters... or reading someone asking another person's age, sex, location... and stating that they want a girlfriend.

We don't have a chat feature on mobile and I don't understand the need or use to have it on Facebook.
Roxie

Postby ThomasDE » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:40 pm

it is really annoying seeing all this logged on messages. IF you want to add something add a MUTE button
ThomasDE

Postby pmsupport » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi all, thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Next

Return to Dragon Era Discussion (Facebook Server)