Fire soldier leaving already?

Fire soldier leaving already?

Postby Gizmet » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:04 am

The fire soldier RB's haven't been up for nearly long enough to be replacing them already. I've only just gotten mine up to 70, and I haven't seen any other players with 70 fire soldiers (correction- I just saw 1 other player put up her first 70 shortly after posting this). Which means we're getting just under half a week to hit any 70's (and likely the number of players with 70's will be countable on one hand by the time they're gone). That's just not enough time for any type of serious raiding to happen. Also, 3 days notice hardly seems like a reasonable amount of advance notice that the raid boss is going to be replaced.
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Re: Fire soldier leaving already?

Postby Mukitup » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Do you (PM) plan to do a 2nd rotation for the soldiers? I heard you did that on mobile.. if that is the case, you should do that on FB too.
Mukitup

Postby pmsupport » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi Gizmet, the raid boss rotation cycle has been made shorter since Earth Soldier.

Hi Mukitup, there probably will not be a 2nd rotation.
admin wrote: The future soliders are overpowered without maxing their skills (overpowered even compared to Panzers), given these farmable cards have greatly contributed to the game's financial decline on the mobile server, I wouldn't expect them to cycle on Facebook. We recommend players to kill the bosses to get them to high levels, and try to play more and kill more to obtain the evolved raid boss cards ASAP.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby Mukitup » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:34 pm

I think that's unfair only because there ware players in your guild whom do not even have a fire soldier yet but it's already leaving. Also, there are only about a 1/2 dozen players whom have a level 70 (16% chance) and even less can solo kill the RB...
Mukitup

Postby pmsupport » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi Mukitup, thanks for your feedback. It will be forwarded. All the friends and guildmates of the level 70 raid boss encounter can help kill the boss. Once the boss is killed, all the damage dealer and the encounter will receive card reward.
Enjoy the game!
Playmage Support
pmsupport

Postby admin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:33 pm

There are other threads that announced and discussed the increased rotation speed before, so there shouldn't be any surprises. There is no valid comparison between the server as you are not competing with player on mobile nor are fighting guild bosses of the same strength or getting same amount of Gems on bonus event purchases, nor will we allow same mistake of releasing these overpowered card for too long happen on this server just because it happened on mobile.

The dark future soldier will likely be replaced together with the light soldier, so make sure you do your best to acquire these overpowered future raid bosses as they will not likely be rotating in the near future. It might be worth using up some energy and revive potions if you really want (more of) these raid boss cards.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Gizmet » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:25 am

The earth soldier wasn't rotated last time because many players felt it wasn't enough time for it before we provided the rotation notice. We will rotate it now and postpone the rotation on Facebook server for a week (news updated), but the next rotation will be on schedule so that means you will only see the Fire solider for little over 4 weeks before it's rotated out! - Happy hunting!

okay, so there's a couple of ways to interpret this- 1)Your response to players saying there wasn't enough time for earth soldier is to extened it's time but shorten the fire soldier's rotation to even less than the original earth soldier rotation that caused the complaints in the first place. How you could not anticipate this causing complaints again is baffling to me.

or 2) you extended the earth soldier rotation because players complained about not receiving enough notice that it was going to be rotated out, which is a big part of my complaint this time. 3 days (maybe 4, if I missed the notice for a day) is not really a very adequate amount of advance notice for the rotation.

Either way, it appears as if PM decided to postpone earth soldier's rotation (for which I am grateful), but then forgot to actually rotate it out until someone said something ("Fire Soldier" the forum topic this quote comes from), and then decicded to compensate by cutting fire soldiers rotation time drastically, which is really kind of lame. I may be mistaken about this, but that's certainly what it looks like.

Also, I disagree that future soldiers are overpowered (especially compared to Panzers). Since they are attack-type/ human instead of balance/ dragon, they can really pretty much only be used in teams with two 2.5x attack and hp for a certain element to get their full potential. This means they'll likely be useless in the next rotation of habitat maps where rainbow teams will likely be required, and teams with the soldiers will have a harder time killing off an early problem enemy (which is usually an important part of getting through hell maps) because those teams will only hit on one or two elements. Even with a 2.5x hp/ attack card for attack-type cards, a team with dual leaders for that will have less hp since attack-type cards generally have the lowest hp and that team would be lower on survivabilty when stalling for chests drops. It's really only in guild wars where these cards have any chance to shine, and then only if you have the ability to increase attack/hp based on the right element.

In any case, I'm not saying you should have a second rotation, or extremely long rotations for these cards (although either one would be nice), but really, closer to a full weeks notice when they're rotating out and keeping fire soldiers around for at least an extra week, or week and a half, doesn't seem like that much to ask.
And maybe rotate light soldiers out for the next raid boss cycle while keeping dark soldiers for a bit instead of shortening dark soldier rotation severely to keep light soldiers from being around "too long" and rotating them both together.

Well, after all that complaining, I'd like to re-iterate that I am thankful for the extension of the earth soldier's rotation ('cause I'd assume it's nice to occasionally receive some gratitude), and say that I welcome any clarification if I've misunderstood the reasons for fire soldier's extremely short cycle (even in comparison to the future soldier's we've already seen).
"It's not whether you win or lose. It's how much trash you talk while you play the game."
Gizmet

Postby admin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:07 am

We will run dark/fire for 3 weeks after the light/dark rotation.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Gizmet » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Thank you.
Gizmet

Return to Dragon Era Discussion (Facebook Server)