In Game Names

In Game Names

Postby dilsama » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:33 am

I have seen several people comment about how it is confusing to see people with the same "character name". I would like to suggest that the devs/admin allow players to submit to them a name change. Of course they would have to provide information necessary to confirm that they are who they say they are. It would help reduce lots of confusion. Maybe a future update could be pushed to force unique names. It should be fairly easy to implement this, as I imagine the database would use a different unique key.
dilsama

Re: In Game Names

Postby admin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:33 am

Thanks for the feedback and we will take into consideration for future implementations. The reason we don't force unique names is that choosing name, especially unique one, can be rather annoying process and many noticeable percentage of player have known to stop playing a game they happen to just browsed over if it's a required step, thus we use your Facebook profile as a default with option to change it during that stage. There are games with random name generators, but they often sound rather cheezy, we may consider offering name changing items in game if it's a really big issue for everyone.
admin
Site Admin

Re: In Game Names

Postby ryuk227 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:18 pm

I would love to change my name also but not a big issue. Name change for 5-10 gems maybe?
ryuk227

Return to Dragon Era Support (Facebook Server)