Limited world chat

Limited world chat

Postby Quinta » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi admin, it's Quinta

I like to help new players whenever possible via world chat. I also use world chat to promote our guild.

Unfortunately, there is a limit to use this world chat.

I suggest to rise it a bit, probably by 10 times a day. I believe this will make players be more active

Thank you
Quinta

Re: Limited world chat

Postby Tremmy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Another topic I completely agree with. With very limited chat there is no way to build any kind of community outside of a guild. Sometimes it is fun to just goof off and tall with others but it is currently impossible to do so.

This is what a lot of people were talking about in the feedback with the VIP system. Having limits on chat is not only completely pointless, it hampers other players means to communicate.

I don't suggest an increase on it. It is something that needs completely done away with.
Tremmy

Postby admin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:22 pm

The limit is there to prevent players constantly spamming the world chat. If we do away with it, the first thing you will see is invite code spammed every minute (there is no effective way to prevent a player entering their invite code as there are many creative ways past any filter). Not to mention people going off on very long conversations on world chat that you have no interest in, or in a language you might not even understand.

Our chat system isn't fully fledged chat like in pc/browser mmos, and here is no way to say hide world chat for people who don't want to be bothered, nor can mute specific players, nor do we have a live chat moderator constantly online. I will check with the dev team to see if the limit needs can be raised a bit, however, but the chat limit isn't likely going to change much until we have time to make the chat more fully featured.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Quinta » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi admin.

Considering all pros and cons, i am satisfied with last update which is longer text per chat.
It is a good improvement.
If devs raise the number of free chat for a bit, it will be perfect. I currently suggest to raise it by 5 times

Thank you and hope this game to be better
Quinta

Postby Seansss » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Xtrac here

I dunno if its possible but i think some kind of translate function would bennice for players to communicate easier as there are so many diff types of players in the server...unless the servers were actually divided into region or something
Seansss

Postby Empyrial » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:33 am

Why not simply put a spam filter on the chat? If the same comment is posted multiple times within a certain period of time, then they are blocked from entering comments for a short period of time.

Right now invite codes are not a problem. Relic hunt shutouts are wuts filling up our chat boxes now. It really needs it's own separate zone like guild or private chat.
Empyrial

Postby Shuichi » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:59 am

I was wondering, is it impossible to make an auto-mute for spam players instead of limiting the World Chat messages? I also do think the game should get some moderators on the chat, not urgently but it should be done.
Secondly, I totally agree with Empyrial, the thing filling up te World Chat is Relic Hunt. I've noticed most of the active guilds talk in Guild Chat, and the World Chat most of the time is only used for RH announcements. As mentioned there should probably be a way to mute spammers, instead of limitting the world chat and create a separate window for RH announcements
Shuichi

Postby Empyrial » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:10 pm

They aren't using a full fledged system like admin mentions above so muting, etc are out. Any changes they make would have the same effect for everyone.
Empyrial

Postby admin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:54 am

We have loosened the chat filter a bit. Please let us know if there are still normal words being filtered.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks