Pet in Arena

Pet in Arena

Postby Quinta » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:59 am

Hi admin, i want to discuss something that i don't really understand.

In arena, defending team's pets proc earlier than attacker's. I believe def pets have more starting points than atk pets.

Why devs decide to do this?

Thank you
Quinta

Re: Pet in Arena

Postby admin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:28 am

I need to check with the design team on this, but I think just as in PvE battles the amount of SP pet gains per each action is random number 1-3, with higher evolution pet has slightly higher odds of getting the higher numbers. So characters with faster speed and higher evolution pet may have higher chance of proc'ing first (though not guaranteed). Are you sure defender's pet is proc'ing 100% of the time?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Quinta » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:33 pm

I am quite sure that defender pets proc earlier than attacker pets in arena. It happens all this time.

Anyway, I'm not asking to make changes, i just want to know the reason.

CMIIW
Quinta

Postby versemvak » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:55 pm

I second this question, i even met devil fairy who proc at 3rd turn while the hero equip it isnt even countering.
mine however, while at the same level upgrade, not even proc until im diededed
versemvak

Postby admin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Our dev team checked into this and found things are correct as intended. It's possible for the attacker pets to trigger first as well as they have shown it to me. In versemvak's case, opponent probably got lucky with obtaining more pet SP per hit.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Empyrial » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:53 am

That's some incredible luck then. In about 80% of my fights in arena, my opponents manage to get off all 3 pets before I even proc 1. That's way too high a percentage for a system based on chance. Lol

In my case it doesn't change much, but for players struggling to climb ranks, that % screws them over pretty hard since pets play a large part in arena battles.

You may wanna have devs double check those numbers again just to be sure.
Empyrial

Postby admin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:44 am

Hi Empyrial,

Thanks for the info. I will pass this along to the dev team to take a deeper look into.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support

UPDATE: The dev team found a minor issue with the top evolution tier pets which may gain energy slightly slower than intended, which as been fixed.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Empyrial » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Alright cool. Definitley explains why my tier 6 pets take forever to proc lol
Empyrial

Postby Empyrial » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:28 am

So it looks like the issue is still going on. I'm seeing people proc their pets 2-3 times before any of mine again. What's the point in having a tier 7 pet if the tier 6 and below clearly proc faster? If this is the case, then after I get the badges for 3 tier 7 pets, please revert my pets back to tier 6 because clearly they're useless at tier 7.
Empyrial

Postby admin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:39 am

Hi Empyrial,

There is certain amount of randomness/luck involved with how much SP pet obtains each turn. While the higher SP odds is configured slightly higher for high evolution pets, it's very possible for lower tier pet to proc faster than higher pet. However, over large sample of 100 battles, higher tier pets should proc faster than lower tier pet slightly more often if all other variables are the same. Keep in mind character speed also have huge impact as that determines how often pet gain SP, and if character's turn is skipped due to status effect their pet SP is also skipped. This means if opponent brings in 3 freeze pets and faster characters, their pet is likely to proc more often regardless of their pet tier.

Given knowledge of above, if you are seeing your pets proc'ing slower than then opponents most of time over couple dozen fights without a reason, please let us know and I will ask the dev team to take another look (though I have told them this bug several time and they assured me the only issue found was fixed).

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks