A change in battle mechanics?

A change in battle mechanics?

Postby Lord » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Ok, so as most have come to notice AI has always appeared to target the opponent with lowest hitpoints before any others except when taunted. Knowing this my strategy since i use christina and she only seems to really use her taunt as a defensive mechsnism to raise her defense when it is just her left. *ugh* I make sure her hp is below the red guys so they wont leave her for last as alone she is much to weak to kill anyone even with attack fully maxed as i have done.

Well now she is again being ignored and left till last and i am losing against people i never have because of this. Has there been a recent change in the way ai chooses its targets? Something has to have changed obviously or this wouldn't be happening for no apparent reason suddely it seems to me....

Thanks
Lord

Re: A change in battle mechanics?

Postby admin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:25 pm

This should only be happening in the Arena and other PvP modes, as it was a change came from complaints that the AI in PvP are too stupid and people where losing (both on defense and offense due to AI not targeting same/correct player). The are a few PvE bosses would also target lowest HP hero with skills after certain conditions are met, but that's always been the case.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Lord » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:50 am

"This should only be happening in the Arena and other PvP modes, as it was a change came from complaints that the AI in PvP are too stupid and people where losing (both on defense and offense due to AI not targeting same/correct player)."

Well since stated losing to people i never have before, pvp is obviously the point in question.

So you all did absolutely nothing to help fix the issues with christina at all i see... wow... seriously?? She was the most complained about character in pvp since it is absolutely ludicrous for her to only start using taunt when the rest of her team is already dead! And NOW Reguardless AI just simply igores her till end. Then, as usual, the only time she will taunt(weakest attack option btw..) when its pointless since is the only target left and absolute WORST possible waste of not only sp, but her turn completely in general and does so till out of sp AND DE?!?!! And you all call this a fix?!? Now every single player like myself who was familiar with the proper use of the unsung hero of small healerless huning parties, the sword and board support tank, in MMOs (if programmed properly! Ahem!) And decided not to rush and get sarah since although more skill ffort and practice is indeed needed, when used in place of a healer when its an either or option, the overall survival rate isjust insanely better for small groups of 3-5. And with hardly any downtime despite no healing and veryvery rare need for potion in every mmo i have ever seen or played that offered the class for mobile or pc in almost 30 years! Keep in mind please i beta tested countless of them over the years beginning with everquest until now. In my spare time was making $50-100k sometimes even more year doing microtransactions for in game items and power leveling charscters as well for players in MMOs when werev100% p2p at flat monthly rates long before anyone even ever believed it was a feasible business model. And back then we actually still owned our achounts and the items on them so legally could!

So we all by no fault of our own invested into a poorly designed(to say the least)exscuse for the character class with none of the positive attributes associated with it what so ever!

And THEN some figured out a tiny littleway one thạt we shield specd, not justice, could be salvaged do to not wanting to right offl the hundreds of dollsrs spent already mind you, and with much time and effort did find how to make her useful and adapted to it building out the characters stats and numerous soul stones at graet personal exspense with out ever complaining once about it just to have you do this updatevwhith out even bothering to menion such a drastic and major chang like this and screw us over yet AGAIN NOW?!? I just litterly can NOT BELIEVE that you folks have the nerve to call this an improvent to ai intelligence and a fix to problems with it!!!!
OMFG!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!? :o :evil:

We all deserve to get half our gems back and have all skill sets completely reset for all classes as well as blessings and tiers on her specifically at the very least!!!

Thls "fix" has made the build design and shield skill sẹt ịnto utter and complete TRASH to be polite!!

So what can we, your loyal cụstomers and shield spec christina users, expect you to do to make this right and when please?!?
Last edited by Lord on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lord

Postby admin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:02 am

Hi Lord. Thanks for the feedback. I will ask dev team to see if it's possible to have her use taunt more often in PvP and auto mode.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Lord » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:00 am

So do you mean to tell me that in your HONEST personal opinion feal that we should simply be happy if eventually are told you are going to do so? And just simply that alone without ANY type of reimbursement or compensation to uswhat so ever?!?

I mean come on, to the average player it may have "appeared" that it was simply just the character with the lowest hit point stat that AI chose to go after first. But you and i both know better and are very well aware it was a MUCH more detailed and complicated formula using many other statics and percentages in combination despite that common misguided conception when looked at in much greater detail by someone familiar with game mechanics, this type of programming and game development overall that achtually determined it in reality. Thats complety obvious since could still recreate the same exact issue depending on how other stats were manipulated despite hit points not being the lowest when trying to find the cheapest way to utilze soulstone combinations to maximize the odds in various situations. Such as when having an insanely high hit rate would be more important and provide much more of an advantage to a player than say a higher critical rate, or damage, or simply optimum happy medium for average everyday use when did not need to focus as much in one particular area or another really. Very often i had to spend quite a few hours and quite a lot of dust to adjust my sets of stones used to stay within certain margins and not overshooting them so wound up in precisely the situation we appear to be most ofen now. I literally spent 5-6 hours the otherday simply changing stats on stones around just to find a decent combination to use so could attempt to play as usual but actually had to settle for an absolutely horrid mish mash of stat abilities because it was requiring WAY to much dust, taking way to much time and giving me one of THE WORST headaches in my entire life trying to. And also of course as i stated in my letter along with my last and final set of highly detailed bug bug/glitch reports. I refuse to keep throwing more and more money into you your broken toilet here after all i have already while going out of my way to do so many times each day as i encountered them. I didnt want you all to feal like before with new rh bug that it was just better to LIE to everyone claiming had fixed the issue and coming up with creative exscuses like why the fix was not working yet. while others such as my guild leader got screwed by those lies whencwound up trapped in the glitch for over over half of an entire day as james, syzygy and myself had already. We were the first and things like that do happen. But he had stayed away until after the patch update you claimed was the fix and it caused him not to be able to help members such as myself in first ever guild war because took your lie as the honest truth and had got locked in relic hunt purgatory at the time sadly!

Not only did you avoid reimbursing me when could see many times beyond any doubt i had suffered significant losses in the game that i asa customer had already PAID YOU FOR but was often treated like i was the idiot not your programmers and had not even reveived so much as a single thank you since that very day when i went out of my way spending over 30 mins on to explain in detail what i had not bothered to relating to that glitch because had
Claimed already figured out and fixed it that you did say thank you very much cause had nọt
even been able to recreate it on your test server but were extremely certain would be able to fix after my statement in that PM! I just took a screenshot of that by the way so dont think you can simply delete it and deny it either!

So do you really HONESTLY believe none of us deserve more? Certainly appears that way to me...
Lord

Postby admin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:32 am

Hi Lord. Thanks for the feedback. We are grateful for your bug reports and have been doing our best to fix them quickly. We have sent you credits multiple times as well as reimbursement other players when they are locked out of the game or lost Gems due to bugs when reported. We asked for a screenshot of a badge display bug we couldn't reproduce, but your last reply was "I am not concerned enough anymore. Thank you for your time." I understand that you are upset because you are running into bugs, and we do apologize for not delivering a bug free, perfectly designed and balanced online experience up to your standards.

I am not sure why you are so aggravated in the recent posts, but if it's because the due to the briefness of my replies, then I apologize. We are a small independent developer who is self publishing this game, so we are may not be as experienced nor fully staffed in customer support as larger game publishers, but we do our best to address every issue. What I meant in the previous quick reply is - that we will definitely address the Christina usefulness issue in PvP so she would be more useful with the new targeting AI, and the easiest way would be having her taunting more often ,which I will check with the dev team (They just confirmed that will be changed soon with a server update).
admin
Site Admin

Postby Lord » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Yes l, i understood it all to well and that is precisely the reason i am and have been Rather "annoyed" as i decided to call it when felt i needed to explain why i have been acting complety out of charscter lately. Unfortunately my explanation as to why i say thst is just going to have wait a bit though seeing just now going battery says1%.... :-/
Lord

Postby Lord » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Wow my detailed draft has disappeared 2* so will do simple shorter posts but more.

The statement claiming ignorance why would mot be the happy customer you imply should failed to mention how many documented reports you simply shifted the blame as if my fault the issue happened bụt never acknowledged a loss ever occured which repeaedly had to repeat just to gẹt similary snubbed repeatedly. How is that not going to be seen as poor treatment and a waste of time and how could you claim not to see that or send anything till now when started same dây you admitted patch was not possible despite claims it was on update 2 wars ago?
Lord

Postby Lord » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:14 pm

It also is not at all reasonable to expect someone to be happy when you chose to send 400 gems when i plainly stated thousands lost snd had not even cared enough to verify it which is easy for you. And chose that incident i said had not dubmitted yet cause would likely get a few hundred if in a good enough mood thst day if lucky which would simply be a complete insult to me and prove your utter lack f concern for quality customer service yet did exsctly that. Lol hmmm
Lord

Postby admin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi Lord,

I am sorry, but we didn't find anywhere in your email that "plainly stated" you lost thousands of Gems... It did say you bought hundreds of the wrong pet orbs (because bounty quest showed the wrong color) if you were referring to that. The 10 exp and 20 exp orbs are most often obtained from pet recruit, and 10 exp orb also given as quest/stage rewards, so there is no choice of what you obtain. The only way to directly make the wrong purchase is from the store, with the 10 exp cost 5 gem each (5 for 25), and 20 exp costs 20 gems each (3 for 60, eg. 4x cost each). This means even if bought the 10 exp from the store (which we couldn't find any record of), you bought the cheaper one in terms of gems per exp...

There must be bit of misunderstanding or miscommunication here; and I apologize again if you felt insulted due to my poor communication skill. Perhaps if you can explained more clearly how you lost thousands of Gems due to the bug, we will be happy to reimburse you properly.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks