[Suggestions] - A Major List of (Mostly) Minor Things

[Suggestions] - A Major List of (Mostly) Minor Things

Postby Kold » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:53 pm

-------------------------
It's been quite a while since I've made a post, sooo there's quite a lot of things I have to say. Some of these are kinda dumb little gripes so just bear with me xD. Also since some of these were just ideas I jotted down over quite a long period of time, some of them might not be issues anymore, in which case I apologise. Anyway, I didn't wanna make individual posts for each of these so I decided it'd be better to post them all in one go with their own titles and explanations, so here we go:

Minor Things

{Addition} - More Profile Avatars

I think the number of Icons we have now is kinda limited, I think there should be ones for the major bosses at the very least - and ones for Charles and Chloe too. And perhaps even some from the other area bosses too like the Skeleton Archer, or even James. idk I think it'd just be nice to see a little more choice tbh.

{Change} - Store Refresh Button Placement

This has been bugging me for a while, basically I sometimes hit the Refresh button in the store sometimes when trying to in fact hit the Return button - and being essentially a f2p since I haven't bought gems in like 6 or 7 months now, I end up wasting a few of the gems that take me so long to build up on this. As far as fixes go; the Return button could be made bigger, or either the Refresh or the Return button could be moved around, or probably the easiest fix - an 'Are you sure you want to spend -- gems?' prompt could work.

{Change} - 1, I, and l

Now this is really just so minor idek why I noted this down, but basically a number one, an uppercase i, and a lowercase L, all look the same in the font of the game, they may be a few pixels shorter than one another or something but the point here is they can cause a little confusion I guess. idk I said it was really minor xD. So for fixes you could give the number one the little slant thing at the top like it has in this font; '1', the capital i those top and bottom things so it looks like a sideways 'H', and the lowercase L could also have this little swirly thing like in this font; 'l'.

{Fix/Change?} - Lag Spike when Opening Chat

Pretty small like the last three, but basically what this is, is that a lag spike occurs freezing the game completely for about 5 seconds when opening the chat in the guild roster menu. That's about all there is to this one, idk what causes it or how to fix it but I end up doing this a lot for some reason unintentionally, it is just a minor inconvenience tho so no real worries.

{Addition} - Prompt to notify whether or not you've already practise fought someone

This is pretty much what is says in the title, basically it'd just be nice to know whether or not you've already had a successful practise fight with someone on that day prior to actually fighting them. This would be useful for forgetful goldfish like me who don't remember stuff like this :lol: . Also seeing how many times left you need to fight would be good too.

{Change} - Sakura's Job

This is just what I guess is a tiny error? idk really. Basically, under Sakura's Details it states that she's a Beast Tamer, when I'm fairly certain she's a Ninja and Chloe was the Beast Tamer. It's just that this has been a thing for so long I'm surprised it hasn't been looked at until now :lol: .

And a Less Minor Thing

{Change} - HP Bar Positioning (mid-fight)

This can be an actual problem, not knowing how much HP an enemy has left can lead to you attacking the wrong one, since generally you want to attack the enemy with the least HP. However, there are various things that obstruct vision of the HP bars on enemies - gonna try explain this best I can without screenshots - first and foremost; in PvP pets are always in the way, so you can NEVER see an enemy player's remaining health, unless for some reason they don't have a pet equipped. The other thing that comes to mind is also the button that you press to use your own pet, which blocks out the HP bar of the centre enemy. The easiest way to fix this I think would be to flip the HP thing on the ground around to the front of the enemy, which I'm pretty sure would fix this.

Major Things

{Addition} - Manual Sorting of Formation in Guild War

The reason I put this under Major Things was because if implemented poorly it could end up being quite problematic. Basically, this is a way for the Leader of a guild to change formation of a Guild Member in a guild war, my main point is that it allows the Leader to make actual Leader decisions and allows for more organisation. The issues with this however are; firstly if completely inactive members could be organised then it could lead to a guild with a lot of inactive members, which isn't particularly good. Also, of course the other issue is some people might not really want this and be moved around, so honestly I'm not really sure. But anyway it is just a suggestion, and is completely up to the devs to implement either way.

{Addition} - A Few Things on Guild Wars

Now I do love me a good guild war, it's one of the biggest things to do in a guild, they can be so good when you get evenly matched with an opposing guild. However, finding an even match is just so incredibly rare, and every single other fight is just so one-sided which isn't fun even if you're on winning side. And it's only ever one or the other, there's absolutely no way some guilds can win against some others. What I mean is it becomes very obvious who is going to win pretty early on in the fight, which takes the fun out of it, for me at least. In my opinion it's well overdue for an overhaul.

So anyway, now the mini rant is out of the way, I can get around to what I think can make guild wars more interesting; first of which is the idea for more Map Layouts. Ever since my first Guild War I knew exactly the most effective way to form a defence in the current Map Layout, which is basically fill the front wall with your strongest players and put everyone else in the buffing zones so that the front wall becomes even harder to get through. And I've been going through this same strategy every single week with my guildmates so we're somewhat organised, which honestly, has become quite tiring, I feel like I'm a broken record or something. I'm not saying the current map should be removed tho, just that there should be more maps. In fact, I think it might be even better if the two guilds that fight each other have different maps that are selected at random, it makes things more interesting. To further this, some maps should be better than others, and some should even be considered bad and put your guild at a disavantage, this is so that if there's no way a guild could win against a much stronger enemy then at least this gives them some sort of edge. Perhaps it should be determined by comparing the two guilds, if the level gap is huge then the lower level guild should get a better map, and vice versa. And whilst I'm on the topic of Map Layouts, I'd like to ask about that one wall in the centre of the map that is literally completely useless, seriously why is it even there :lol: .

Anyway, onwards with the suggestions. Another thing that could make things interesting, rather than having buildings on the map that buff defenders, they should buff attackers instead. This is debatable, but what I'm saying is that the buffing buildings should just change what they do, since the main issue with one-sided wars is that the less powerful guild just can't break the defence since it's too powerful for them, I feel like being at the same time buffed just makes it only even more one-sided. And as for what happens when you take these buffing spots in an attack, I think they should just remove the buff from the enemy attackers and not give a buff to your defenders or attackers, since that just makes it more one-sided as the fight goes on - removing the buff is enough.

And actually, that's about all I have for Guild Wars specifically, for now anyway. I know that the new map layouts might take a to develop but I think it would really help to make wars better.

{Rant?} - Regarding Pet Pieces

This is probably better suited for a post of its own but, anyway my issue with pet pieces and all that is that the rotation between Fairies takes far too long, like months to me seems a little ridiculous. What I propose instead is, that it changes to a different pair each day, simlar to the way the new double gold, exp, and drop thing works. And since there are 10 fairies total that would means it loops every 5 days, 2 fairies for each day. I want this is mainly because the last time there was a chance to raid for an Ice Fairy - the one I want most - was all the way back in December 2016 :x . As a result I've been on 8/9 pet pieces for the longest time ;-;

{Bug} - Regarding an old RH bug

The bug I'm talking about is the one where the game does not register a victory after all enemies have been defeated, and instead after about 20 or so seconds tells you that you were defeated. This hasn't exactly happened to me in a while so idk if it got fixed or what, but looking at the thread
Relic Hunt Defeated With All Enemies Dead!
(https://www.playmage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=18158), it doesn't seem like anything's been done. Anyway to the point - I think it may be caused when damaging status effects like burn or poison finishes off the last remaining enemy. However, it could simply be a synchronization issue, since the only times I remember this happening to me was when I was playing a RH with phongo a while back, happened several times I think.

Anyway now that this is finally all written up it got pretty damn long, so I doubt I'll do another one for a while. But yeah that's about all I've got rn, or most of it at least. I may add a little more under this thread later however (probably in like a week if I do), idk haven't enitrely decided yet.

- Kold
Kold

Re: [Suggestions] - A Major List of (Mostly) Minor Things

Postby Cgamp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:38 pm

I like the idea of having more avatars. In addition to what was said I would add that almost all the avatars are female characters, some more male characters with decent bonuses would greatly be appreciated.

Pet raid peice rotation does indeed need more diversity. It would be great to see it change at a more frequent rate. I have not seen a change in months, it seems neglected.
Cgamp

Postby admin » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:18 am

Hi Kold,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have forwarded them to the dev team. I believe Sakura's job desc is already fixed and a Pet Rotation will occur soon. As for the relic hunt issue, we just submitted an update to the stores (which should be approved and available in the next couple days) with a fix to relic hunt freeze bug when the last enemy is defeated by a pet. If there are more reproduction cases, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Shuichi » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:02 am

As far as the perma freeze goes, I had that problem today when I was raiding Heos for a valkery piece.
Shuichi

Postby admin » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi Shuichi,

The problem you mentioned is fixed in version 2.5.5 which should already be available on Google Play and should be approved soon for update for iOS.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Shuichi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:16 am

Alright admin. Appreciate it.
Shuichi

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks