Game Overhaul

Game Overhaul

Postby Empyrial » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Since this will be a rather lengthy post, im posting it here rather than the feedback thread. This will allow others to give their statements as well instead of abusing the feedback thread lol. Forgot about the admins response to my overhaul statement so sorry for the long delay.

By overhaul i meant the system in general, not just some features.

First off is the weapons. The game is almost entirely reliant on them and yet the system in incredibly limited to relying on 5* weapons which all have absurdly low drop rates aside from the treasure hunt. Even the treasure hunt will lose its usefulness once more and more weapons are released in the future as the chances to get the weapon you want gets even smaller than it already is. On top of the price for a 10 pull, if not for the garunteed 5*, noone would even consider doing it. The single pull is such a joke, its not even funny lol.

Suggestion:
Allow the weaker weapons to be upgraded further. this feature will save your f2p players as they can simply take a low 1-4* weapon and upgrade it to 5*. However the stats will still be generally weaker than weapons that come as 5*. This will also help those unable to to get any decent weapons by allowing them to at least use something worthwhile until they do get better weapons. Of course they can have the option to use either gems or gold for the upgrades so the incentive to buy the gems is still there but they can now use it to either upgrade a current weapon or pull for the top tier 5*. More spending choices=More reasons to buy the gems. Also increasing the selection of weapons is also a huge plus. More variety allows players to further customize their char and be different from others. Along with this is showing the weapon when its equipped as well instead of a basic template for all weapons but the 5*. The glow I would leave entirely up to developers.

Second is Gold. Holy crap its a pain in the rear end to make gold in this game as a f2p. Top that off with how expensive everything is and boom! You just crippled f2p players. Well done~

Suggestion:
Either reduce the cost or make more ways to get money. Also increasing the amount on various parts of the system is fine as well.

Third is the Soulstones. The only beef with this system is the amount of dust that can obtained. People should be able to farm large quantities of these at a time. None of this 2-10 dust at a time junk. Other than rewards for monarch, etc, obtaining soul dust is a freaking joke. Especially since getting a decent stat on a roll can costs easily over 100k dusts depending on how nice your rng system feels like being. Multiply that per line on the stone and your looking at well over 500K for decent rolls across the board. Times that by the number of soulstones per char and again by the number of chars and lol....just wow. That 100k is just a number. it could take people less or more than that so its just a baseline number.

Suggestion:
Need "a lot" more ways to obtain these dusts as well as hugely increase the amount obtainable at a time. That simple. The other side of the coin would be to increase chances of getting the best rolls but hahaha, I don't see "that" happening even in my fantasies~ not that it matters since I don't play anymore.

Fourth is frames and avatars. Now this here is a huge moneymaker if you do it right. Simply put its lacking in "every" way possible. Everybody loves customizing things and quite frankly, there's nowhere near enough of a selection in this game as there should be.

Suggestion:
Please for the love of all that's holy, add more frames. Event frames, Frames in the shop, etc. So many ways to both make profit and let every player enjoy having something different from everyone else. Adding various stat bonuses will further help the system overall as now people can wear a frame for 2 reasons instead of 1. Either for the stat or for the avatar appearance. Same situation for avatars. There's so many creatures/bosses/heroes that having an avatar for each one is already a large possible selection. You'd be crazy to pass that up. Then there's avatars for things like holidays, etc. Yet another opportunity to make profit while players enjoy the variety.

Fifth is Costumes
Need I explain this in great detail? If i do then shame on you.

Suggestion
Same as above. Increase the variety. There's no need to give the costumes stats or split them into parts. Just a whole piece set for appearances is good enough. And oh look by doing costumes, you now have another treasure hunt opportunity. cha-ching!~ Now you can get rid of that worthless pull for things like potions/etc and replace it with something people will actually spend gems on. Oh look, another reason to buy gems! cha-ching!

Sixth is Events. How in the world can you have a game without any events or special maps? -mind blown- And no the exp boosts, etc do not count as real events. I'm talking about events like Valentines, Christmas, Independence Day and other major yearly events. Games revolve around these types of events as a way to remove stagnation, gain cool and unique items, make more gold, etc than usual during the event and omg the list goes on and on lol.

Suggestion:
Need I state my suggestion? its pretty self explanatory from the statements above. But if people insist on details I will post about it in the comments.

Last issue is achievements and questing. Quest should be reoccurring and not 1 time deals. Now obviously some should be 1 time only but reoccurring should be mainstream so players do not get bored.

Suggestion:
Is simple. Make more quests as well as reoccurring ones with various rewards for each. these can be placed under a tab like "challenges" or "repeat". Also daily, weekly, and monthly quests must be implemented. Yet another requirement in pretty much any game. you guys have daily (which gives barely gives jack I might add). Weekly and monthly quests are a must alongside the daily.

A few other issues i've noticed. Lack of free gems. Badly need an increase in free gems for your f2p players. This can be solved by including gems in just about every part of the game. This means quests, events, maps, guild bosses, raid bosses and anything else possible. Gold, soul dust and items (potions, etc) should also be included here. This will also allow more people to take advantage of those overpriced sales you guys randomly throw out for no reason. Those sales have too many items listed and are still way to costly to even bother buying.

Thanks for reading. This was a basic summary of why the game needs an overhaul IMO. Again this is only my opinion and are the reasons why I'm no longer playing the game. I honestly doubt any of this will even be considered to people who run the game but its whatever. I'm not playing at the moment so no loss to me even if they don't even read this :3 Forgive some of my sarcasm. Was tired when I wrote this. Also before anyone gets any funny ideas, i am not (i repeat), AM NOT bashing anyone with this post nor am I hating on the game itself. I'm simply stating how its lacking and opinions on how to further improve it. That is all!~

Opinions or statements are welcome below. Have at it and stay free~

Thanks,
Empyrial

Also a shoutout to my fellow peeps in Neccesarius! Miss you guys :3
Last edited by Empyrial on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empyrial

Re: Game Overhaul

Postby admin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:29 am

Hi Empyrial,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will forward these to the dev team.

There has been some improvement on the gold income (with double gold days and doubled mine wars) as well as new achievement/badges btw. We will also look to improve other aspects as well. (I personally agree with having more unique events and repeatable quests will make the game more interesting, and hope our dev team can add them to the game in the future)

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Shuichi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:42 am

You pretty much summed it up, with the one thing I wanna add; the daily quests need to be FIXED. There are daily quests which basically require to spend 80 gems on stamina just to get 60. Yeah. Great deal. And no the monthly gems that give 10 points there are ridiculous. More or less like forcing you to become p2p. It's fine for the people who buy it to have the perk, but at the very least make the dailies 100% possible for the f2p.
And this tiny little thing. If I'm correct, getting a weapon/soulstone chest does not affect the countdown togetting a guaranteed 4+ stars. Why not make that? The chances to getting a 5* are pretty low anyway, so I dont think it hurts.

Heeeyyy Senpai~ we all miss ya too ya big pervert~
Shuichi

Postby Cgamp » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:26 pm

I agree with absolutely everything Empyrial said, this guy is pretty much the reason I even want to play this game. I am currently a vice-leader in a guild he founded. (Bias out of the way)

I am honestly glad to see this post, as I often have thought of making one myself, but since the lay out was already presented, I'll state my 2 cents.

1. 5* wps - maybe make the available in the black market for 1,000,000,000,000 gold, as gold is alot more obtainable than gems but they're of mutual interest... (sarcasm end)

2. Gold - i mean alchemy is suppose to mean turing stuff into gold not materials more precious than gold lmao... maybe make every draw multiplied by kamehama x100??

3. Soulstones - a sort of 'tower' to farm these would make sense but i bet it be 1 souldusts per floor.....

4. Badges - He pretty much said enough, though a badge for friend denies might be fun.

5. Outfits - He said enough but plx add pink hair to main character, he keeps nagging me that hes jealous Gerald.

6. Events - enuff said. Maybe daily guild wars or a guilld arena/ relic hunt type weekly/ monthly idk.

7. quest - ch 6 maybe?? Or perhaps a 3rd difficulty with level (hellfire) with advanced skills (like the reviver in ch 5 that used Geralds ult bind) instead of time attack which times u out or even dbl dmg.

Hey Empy, I'm thrilled to see you still giving any attention to this game. It is one of my favorites and has so much potential. And I would glady relinquish my status as vice-leader to see you take the helm again.
Cgamp

Postby Empyrial » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:33 pm

I'm more than willing to come back if these changes are done. Lol

Implementing alot of these features would make me gladly drop money as a p2p player to support the game. They do awesome work in fixing issues that people come across as well as actually respond to posts vs most who use some automated response lol.

I'm just under the impression that developers are being too cautious when it comes to advancing the game. Bringing in these large changes would bring them into the open and give them a full scale rpg game that's able to go for quite awhile imo.

Admin. Tell your devs, I'll gladly be a guinea pig if they need assistance testing and working out the features. I'm sure lots of others in game will do the same.
Empyrial

Postby Donkeypunch » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:28 am

Very well said. I agree with everything 100%. Especially about obtaining soul dust and 5* weapons you actually want. This game is getting very boring as well with the same old thing day in day out. We need something new to do.
Donkeypunch

Postby icyglaze » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:08 pm

$0.02 from the f2p. I love you empy but many topics you suggest have been suggested before by myself and others. I'm not quite sure yours is an overhaul more than it is a summary.. ><

#1. Weapons.
Nothing new [first commented on this in Jan 27 viewtopic.php?f=48&t=17619&p=41742#p41742, plenty more later]. Beaten to death. Nothing has happened. Nothing will.

#2. Gold.
I disagree. Gold is only a problem is one wishes to max all skills on all heroes. If one chooses not to, then post level 30, gold is abundant [commented on this in Feb 15 viewtopic.php?f=48&t=18003&p=42011#p42011]. I'm sitting on more than 4 million gold and I don't do mining anymore (don't mine, don't raid).

#3. Soulstones.
If a decent stat is blue and above, then 100k is a bit of an exaggeration (sorry empy). But I agree, soul dusts from quests/selling soulstones are a joke. Want to sell confirm-colour tier stat rolls? I think that's where the money is.

#4. Badges and avatars.
I think you are thinking of something almost like a worker's profile badge, with an avatar and a row of achievement badges on the side. Interesting I suppose, but I assume that would require a bit of work. They already bumped badges to 200. I'm less excited about this. [commented on this on Jun 21 viewtopic.php?f=48&t=18378&p=43252#p43252]

#5. Costumes.
I suppose the p2ps want this. f2p, meh.

#6. Events.
Lol. We also had many discussions/suggestions. Their response was double exp/gold/mat days. We don't even have a predictable sale day. Or chapter 6. Haha.. Anything else may perhaps be too much extra work. I would temper my expectations on this one.

#7. Achievements and quest.
I did suggest a recurring quest before (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=18356&p=43168#p43168). Pretty sure nothing happened.

#8. Free gems.
Pretty sure many many threads touched on this.
icyglaze

Postby Empyrial » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:25 am

The money system can easily be changed so more things require gold to purchase or do. This keeps players farming and spending in cycles in order to keep up with things like weapon evolutions, etc. I can go further into detail if need be. Previous posts are only talking about increasing the amount from wut im seeing.

Badges was perhaps the wrong word now that i think about it. I was referring to avatar frames. Theres wut like 25 frames atm? There could easily be over double that if they included events alone. I'll fix the topic to clear up that confusion lol. Oops on my part.

Costumes is for everyone, not just p2p. The whole post was based on a f2p perspective. Complete an event, get the costume. That kinda deal. The shop, etc is an expansion from that. Can explain this further if need be.

Soulstones was referring to the orange stats. With how much it takes (or can take) to get an orange line, 100k doesnt seem that far off. Especially since its wut, around 1k per try if you have 3 lines locked? This includes getting a stat you want vs just simply rolling for the color.

Weapons im not sure which post has the system im talking about. Not seeing it. :/

Revamp, overhaul, change. Use w/e word floats your boat. I'm only mentioning ways to increase diversity of both spending and aquiring of gems or gold as well as items to use. adding things like the costumes, etc will further increase that diversity and gives players far more things to do. Honestly events deserves its own topic so will hold off on details for that for now.
Empyrial

Postby Shuichi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:59 am

Yes events are necessary and yes from what I see this is completely centered around f2p players.
Events are certainly great for quelling the boredom in the game and receiving avatars, avatar frames and costumes for them would be great. It would be doable for the devs and would be great since people could look different from each other for a change.
Shuichi

Postby outseekerdroid » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:48 pm

+1 Empy. Don't think I can disagree with a single thing u wrote there mate.
outseekerdroid

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks