Pet dodge notice

Pet dodge notice

Postby Donkeypunch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Maybe you guys should do a system message explaining why everyone's power went down due to the pet dodge fix. There are many people who don't use forums and are very confused.
Donkeypunch

Re: Pet dodge notice

Postby Phongo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 am

Rip f2p. Now arena is like playing lick for lick. Whoever have higher weapon Evo and blessings win.
Phongo

Postby admin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:44 am

The dev team attempted to post a message to the system chat and apparently that function was broken by another fix some builds ago. We will need to fix the system chat in the next client build before using that function. We will post it in the announcement forum for now since the in-game "support" button links to the forum.
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:42 am

Mm.. it appears my pointing the pet dodge bug has caused a bit of trouble.. to be fair, I myself use a lvl41 dodge pet so I don't think I escaped the aftermath of this dodge fix. But I have $0.02 regarding dodge.

Dodge is a tricky stat to get right. A successful dodge means one escapes damage - a plus. In contrast, a successful hit means one hits as per normal - a neutral. In a 3v3 automated match, a targetted hero gets 3 turns to dodge and 1 turn to hit - so a net 2 dodge turns. In essence, stacking dodge on one hero is already about 2-3 times more cost effective than stacking hit. Before the "nerf", i.e. now, dodge is already overpowered.

Pre-"nerf", pet dodge far outpowers pet hit. Players stacking pet dodge can overtake any other pet stat with frightening pace. Notably, this is only limited to pet stat. F2p only can feed a fixed number of pet orbs vs p2p/p2w. So an f2p loses out way more under the old paradigm than post-"nerf".

So in summary, I disagree that this is the death of f2p. In contrast, I believe this is better for f2p. Even if one previously invested in pet dodge, dodge itself is a pretty op stat. I wouldn't be changing anything. Pre-"nerf", it was a gamebreaking stat.
icyglaze

Postby Phongo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:11 am

No dodge mean whoever hit harder win right? How would f2p catch up to a p2w? Dodge can be achieve by p2w and f2p due to rng. F2p having Evo 2 5* weap is almost impossible. When it come down to it, like I said, whoever hit harder win. Blessings and weap Evo are what matter now. Gl to all f2p having higher weapon Evo and blessings.
Phongo

Postby icyglaze » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 am

I disagree with your premise. A f2p can never catch up to a p2w. That's not how it works. Dodge is useful. It was overpowered.
icyglaze

Postby Phongo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:24 pm

Getting dodge pet and stats is wayyy easier then obtaining 5* weapons don't you agree? We need 64 of se pet to max Evo them. 1 of those 64 gotta be dodge. A f2p can farm a pet per day. But how long would it take them to get a weapon? Your number 1 f2p and you barely on Evo 1 5* weap. And you had fame 5 since beta. Lol
Overpower? No cause everyone can obtain a Dodge pet, mod dodge stats. Correct? Dodge kept Ballance in this game cause even high Evo weap req hit. With dodge need now, there's no longer A need for hit stats/pet anymore. Good luck eating 3.8k leech from donkey Sara everyturn. Enjoy his 20k dmg Raina and main ult combo. (If y'all last that long).
Phongo

Postby icyglaze » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Not a fan of tit for tat but let me address some allegations.

1. An f2p can get a pet a day.
Only if you are already very powerful. And you know some tricks. Most f2p get a pet or 2 a week as they are raided to the ground by more powerful players like ourselves.

2. Max evo pet has nothing to do with max leveled pets. The former is easy to achieve. The latter is extremely difficult. As admins have pointed out, not even a handful have max leveled pets. And pet levels give the stat.

3. The irony of this weapon allegation is that it counters your point that one needs 5 stars to succeed. I am f2p yes. I dont have many 5 star weapons, yes. I still use 4 star weapons, yes. But I'm always in the top 10. So, I am the example that one does not yet require 5 stars to succeed in arena.

4. Ok nitpicking. I had 2 fame 5 heros before they nerfed it. Fine. It helps. I agree. That said, I have taken another 2 (going 3) heros to fame 5 post fame nerf. That's not much of an excuse. Merely how the game works.

5. The premise of your argument is dodge is easy to build, so f2p can beat p2p. The logical counter is, p2p builds faster than f2p. So starting on the same place, f2p can never outpace a p2p. I never outpaced any p2p. I merely outlasted them to where I am today.
icyglaze

Postby Phongo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:07 pm

Hinegami. The reason why he was always top 3 since I started playing was due to dodge stats. Even when his team power was 10/20 k under everyone else. Me having 50k beating donkey 80k team was due to dodge. Trick to farm pet? Everyone know by now all you need is 1 hero to farm pet pieces. I said weap Evo and blessings matter now, not just weap alone.
Yea you survive being f2p but who else? And how did you survive? With your lvl 41 dodge pet.
Alot of people started their dodge build cause it gave them hope. F2p will not beat p2w due to the fact their dmg won't be as high, but dodge give them a chance to win. But now dodge Nerf. Gg
Phongo

Postby icyglaze » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:49 pm

Sigh. So much irony.

You transitioned from f2p to p2p mimicking hinegami's dodge build to be firmly 2nd on server right? Where is the f2p in this scenario? Could you sit where u are without being p2p? If as a f2p, could you overtake everyone u did?

This argument is becoming circular. I'm out.
icyglaze

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks