Gerald drop rate

Re: Gerald drop rate

Postby Empyrial » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:33 am

Do people still even do the 10 pull anymore? Lol

And all those gems listed for the month, dont factor in costs from items you buy in the store, other pulls like skill stones, soul stones, etc and the guild gems are useless if you have to donate em to keep upkeep from dropping.

We're lucky to keep 1/2 of the free gems we get if we wanna keep heroes balanced. Lol :/

And no im no longer a paying player. I did drop a bit for the sale but aside from that, im not dropping a dime until i see real events and other large changes. If i find there are no plans for em in the future, im done and wont be coming back this time.
Empyrial

Postby outseekerdroid » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:57 am

admin wrote:
outseekerdroid wrote:I mean each survey I've completed typically pays between $5 and $15 from my understanding, so it wouldnt take me very long to have earned you $1000. Is there any way to instead of provide gems in exchange for these efforts, provide instead progress towards unlocking Gerald?

Your understanding is not quite right. We get paid roughy a penny for every Gem rewarded through Tapjoy (and some videos play fractions of a penny but we still reward 1 Gem), so we actually get paid more per Gems if someone buys them from the App Stores.

Oh God, well if that's the case I can see why you didn't directly address my idea of unlocks via completing offers instead of just for gems..!

Thing is, I know for a fact that multiple surveys I've completed through your Free Gems section were worth $5, as their intro page actually told me that (the way it would if I went to survey sites directly instead of via 3rd party lol snap they getting busted here)
These surveys were only in exchange for roughly 30, perhaps 40 Gems from memory.

If you are only receiving ~$0.30 for my work each time, this means TapJoy is pocketing ~$4.70 and giving you 30 cents?? I was under the impression these 3rd party ads/offers were providing you some kind of value, but you're indicating that they're actually completely taking you for a ride!

I would be more than happy to complete offers organised by you to actually provide you the proper percentage of income. I highly suggest you approach either TapJoy about this disparity in profits, or perhaps one of the survey companies directly, so as to give us options to support you properly without having to reach into our own (in my case somewhat non-existent) savings.

I previously emailed you the following suggestion to no reply, but I think it might be in your best interests if at all possible to make Free Gem options more accessible to players. Specifically, a simple button to Watch Video for a Gem would make it far quicker and easier for us to support you, rather than have to try and find any such option in the list of (somewhat rubbish) TapJoy offers.

Admittedly yes, of course the gems you give us in exchange for watching a video can never be the same value to you money-wise as the directly paid net profit of someone purchasing gems from you directly, but then why are gems so expensive to buy from you directly, when the "Free Gems" pay you so little?

Is it the fear that "pay to win" will just take over if gems are cheap enough? Sorry to have gotten sidetracked but I feel this is a valid point worth exploring, much as it may not be that easy to answer right now.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:12 am

I have no idea why you think Tapjoy would be paid $5 for one survey or an online survey is really worth that much. Even if the total value of a complete survey is worth $5, the company that administer and operates the survey might pay Tapjoy $1 for referring the survey taker at most (the survey company isn't pocketing $4 either, they also have other administrative and various operational costs to pay). Also, we don't get to choose how to organize the Tapjoy offer wall either, as Tapjoy also has many advertisers competing on the wall so they need to control the list. Anyways, things just aren't as simple as you think.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:53 pm

admin wrote:I have no idea why you think Tapjoy would be paid $5 for one survey or an online survey is really worth that much. Even if the total value of a complete survey is worth $5, the company that administer and operates the survey might pay Tapjoy $1 for referring the survey taker at most (the survey company isn't pocketing $4 either, they also have other administrative and various operational costs to pay).

Because if I complete a survey directly with the "advertiser" instead of via TapJoy, they pay me that amount. You are right though, it was inaccurate of me to say TapJoy should receive the $5.

I want you to get paid, but for that to happen TapJoy has to be paid a slice, then their advertiser also gets a piece, so who knows what's left of the five bucks.. but that's not so great for you or me though, is it? I could pocket the $5 and buy gems directly instead.. You could pocket the $5 and give me plenty of gems compared to what we'd be getting now through several 3rd parties taking a piece.

As far as your perceived value of a valid and completed survey goes, I can tell you at least one of the surveys I have completed via your game and Tapjoy + their advertiser has had an introduction within the survey itself that actually specified I would receive $5 upon completion, which is why I said that.

That is also why I suggested to perhaps approach one of these survey mobs directly and maybe create your own "offers" wall of sorts. You might be surprised what a well completed survey is worth to those administering them.

admin wrote:Also, we don't get to choose how to organize the Tapjoy offer wall either, as Tapjoy also has many advertisers competing on the wall so they need to control the list.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting you modify their wall or anything outside of your control. I've seen in other mobile games the developers have added two buttons for TapJoy. One is a Watch a Video rotator and the other is TapJoy Offers (Wall). The Watch a Video Button would be highly recommended if at all possible, as it would make regularly supporting you far easier for everyone (just tapping to watch an ad for you vs. trying to find something of use on the wall was what I was getting at earlier).

In the interests of being as constructive as I can, I've veered pretty far from the original request, but I still don't think people with 0 vip points should receive vip hero items, or at least with the same frequency. Unless you might consider a change to vip-specific drop rates, I have only the one suggestion really.

It'd be great if there were any way for us to (even super slowly) earn vip points by supporting you via 3rd party offers. That would justify receiving vip hero items and encourage everyone to complete a lot more offers, surely helping your bottom line. If people get sick of slowly making progress, they will still feel compelled to hit Fast Forward and buy gems; I really hope you can give this some serious consideration.

Another tiny related idea I just had: let us exchange our Gems for VIP Points? Means slow progress for free people, faster progress for purchasers of gems towards the hero unlock. It would really compliment the above idea I think. Maybe you hate everything I've said, maybe it rings true, idk. If I manage to even inspire a little progress or innovation I will be pleased.
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:55 am

Seriously... Today I spent 30 gems on a 2nd chest in relic hunt and what do I get? a Gerald rune..

Next thing I get from a relic hunt that wasn't 5k gold: Gerald Skill Book. This is bull-you-know-what. I am lacking massive amounts of progress towards my heroes because of these non-rewards and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Update: next reward from relic hunt: 2x Gerald book. If you're trying to make people rege quit you're going about it in the right way!

Nobody says oh I have so many runes/books for this hero, I should pay real life money to this game.. They say WOW just look at all the progress I have been robbed of. Giving us things we can't use unless we spend money is only an incentive to swear in world chat. Please reconsider.
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:09 am

and again in my free chest :< gerald haunts me so... anything that can be his has been his lately.

I understand if you can't wrangle any way to make him obtainable by any other means, but if you won't reduce or remove the chance for his items to drop for non-vip players, would you perhaps consider adding a Trader/Witch or whatever you like, to allow us to exchange his items for ones that can be used?
outseekerdroid

Previous

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks