Tweaking leech

Tweaking leech

Postby icyglaze » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:56 am

First, I acknowledge this may be a bad idea as almost all players have a vested interest in this. Nevertheless, foolishly I venture my 2 cents.

Leech is a little boring and arguably overpowered because:
1. It ignores defence.
2. It ignores crit and associated stats.
3. It ignores elemental resistance.
4. It does fixed pure damage of 100% attack + bonus.
5. It restores fixed 40% attack + bonus to the hero with the lowest HP.

I suggest that leech be modified to the following instead:
1. Do pure damage of 2 x (sara attack minus opponent hero defence) x total opponent hero elemental resistance from soulstones + bonus.
2. Restores 50% of however much final damage is inflicted to the hero with the lowest HP percentage.

This modification would:
1. Encourage greater use of the defence stat.
2. Reward use of elemental soulstones with resistance.

I also advocate the transposition of such skill damage calculations (factoring both enemy defence and elemental resistances) to other hero skills. It appears that other skills do indeed factor this in one way or another (perhaps even smite and holy scourge), so it makes it even more strange that leech is the exception to the rule.
icyglaze

Re: Tweaking leech

Postby icyglaze » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 pm

Have confirmed that both smite and hoky scourge do indeed factor in some sort of defence and element resistance calculation. And that crit stats do apply to them. So once again, why is leech the exception to the rule? :S

Just curious~
icyglaze

Postby admin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:11 am

Hi Icyglaze,

Leech is overpowered because it's actually a fixed damage DoT skill (thus ignoring defense), but configured with same attack power as other attack skills (possibly even higher than other 1st skills). What can be done easily is lower the power attack rating of the skill which the dev team has considered before, but it will likely upset mass majority of higher level players as they mostly invested in this Sara's skill set.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:37 am

Haha~ u are probably right..
icyglaze

Postby Empyrial » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:37 am

Rather than do that, why not just tweak the skill so it is affected by def values? This way players who invested dont have to change anything if they dont want to and newer players can plan whether to invest in def or not ahead of time.

Since it is a fixed attack, the other ignore features can stay.

Stats like def and atk are completely overshadowed by hit and dodge anyway lol
Empyrial

Postby icyglaze » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:18 pm

If leech is affected by def, its damage would effect8vely be halved. This would result in massive protests as everybody is using sara leech build. Hence my suggested addition of a "x2" multiplier and the admin's very prudent comments on unpalatablity of such a modification.

Glad to see you are still hanging around empy :)
icyglaze

Postby Empyrial » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:17 am

It would depend on the formula how much def would reduce leech dmg. Can easily make it so it doesnt 1/2 it lol. Quite frankly id find a team of tanks pretty amusing in arena lel. Heros other build would finally have a purpose.

I'm all for a revamp on saras leech build. 99% of players are using it which disgusts me to no end. Im literally being forced to use it since its so overbearing compared to her healing build which im a huge fan of. Depresses me greatly T__T
Empyrial

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks