Every time there is a game changing nerf..

Every time there is a game changing nerf..

Postby icyglaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:05 am

...I vote you give existing players a gem for every active day played.. Haha.. Or 10 gems for every active day played since the previous game-changing nerf.

And a system notification. Not events - cuz nobody checks those.

Pretty please? :p
icyglaze

Re: Every time there is a game changing nerf..

Postby admin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:29 am

That doesn't make sense... it should be the opposite. When the game is made easier, such as doubling the leader bonus for many heroes or increase speeds, or adding new rewards and bonuses, the veteran players should be rewarded for having to play with less bonus each day before the change. Then when we slightly lower a completely unbalanced skill or mechanism or fix broken dodge pet, we should take away some gems per day from veteran players, as they had it too easy in the previous days compared to newer players.

Joking aside, we really haven't been waving the nerf bat that much and every change was pretty much necessary and is for a good reason and helps to balance the game, and we always try to make enough positive change to overshadow the negative.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Ok, even as we are joking, we can discuss some very salient points as to our individual misaligned motivations.

1. When the game is made easier, new players rise up the ranks faster. Old players may very well (fairly) feel disadvantaged per unit time played. Some of us gave constructive feedback to improve gameplay. You would note that while feedback is rewarded once (the first instance), constructive feedback is not otherwise tangibly rewarded outside the gameplay improvement.

2. When players exploit a bug, all players are exposed to said bug at the same time. The time taken to realise and subsequently exploit the bug may be different, but the overall gameplay environment does not distinguish between old or new players in context of a bug. Again, players who report bugs are usually not rewarded. There is also a legit argument for the fact that players who report bugs are punished for their honesty, as they would be much better of just exploiting it (since there is no actual benefit to reporting bugs).

3. When the game is nerfed (hero stat modifications), this overtly disadvantages old players. Players who have invested significant time and resources building their stuff only to have the carpet removed under them. A hero build is tedious and expensive. Here, it is clearly new players who benefit from nerfs. They have far more resources (early game mechanics see to that) per unit time played. Coupled with less experimentation should they seek advice from more seasoned players.

All in all, there is a legit argument for compensating players per unit game nerf. And hopefully you see why game veterans are leaving due to discontent. Unless of course, that is your gameplan all along. :)
icyglaze

Postby admin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Unfortunately, I don't follow your logic, especially as the most recent change wouldn't have altered anyone's decision to invest in a hero or not. We don't make changes that would say make one hero go from most useful to the least useful, but at most from extremely overpowered to moderate/slightly overpowered. And no, fixing broken dodge pets is not a nerf.

Anyways, instead of one time comp that adds very little retention value, we believe in adding more engaging features giving more rewards to ALL players through adding more game reward features. Should I remind you that the new badge reward average to 15 Gems a day? Claiming one of those will more than give any veteran players 1 Gem a day for days played that you suggested... Looking at past examples, claiming one month How about the doubled checkin reward that averages to over 10 more Gems a day, when we added Lucky cards it was 20 Gems a day, etc.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Like I said, there is value in our banter even if there is no actual change in gameplay. :)

4. I believe I am taken slightly off context. Nerfing heros changes power dynamics. For example, making Sakura faster makes players who are currently using Sakura a little better off than those who aren't. This may or may not influence decisions to change heros for those who are deciding.

5. I never said fixing broken dodge pets is a nerf. I said it was a bug. I have been consistent in that position from the moment I pointed it out in the first place. My comments on bug fixes apply (see point 2).

6. I forgot to commend you on the new features. My apologies. It is well appreciated. That aside, it is common to all and thus a little different from what we are discussing. My point pertains to the value of play with respect to length of time played. Your definition of loyalty is simply the amount of money spent. Although I doubt we can square that circle, I do see your point. Thus I do hope you see things from a "veteran" player's perspective as well, albeit a f2p one. I also like to point out, this is a tongue-on-cheek suggestion - meant to incite a bit of discussion. I appreciate the discussion bit. :) I hope you have realised on your end, many many "veteran players" have quit in recent days - more so than usual. I'm just trying to help you keep them around. They are nice to have around :)
icyglaze

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks