Newly unlocked hero level

Newly unlocked hero level

Postby outseekerdroid » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:46 am

I was just wondering why it is when we unlock a new hero, they aren't at the same level as the rest of the heroes? It takes a Lot of makeup grinding to level them up to par with the rest of the team in addition to all the skills and bless; is this intentional?
outseekerdroid

Re: Newly unlocked hero level

Postby admin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi outseekerdroid,

Our designer feels that setting all heroes to be exact same level basically ruins the traditional party based RPG feel (eg. if you go out recruit heroes in real world they wouldn't be at same level). So instead they made new heroes start around the hero levels about the earliest possible time your can unlock them in the story (if you get lucky or are well equipped, which is similar to many traditional jRPG), then they can eventually catch up to other characters as higher level requires more exp.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:48 pm

OK, thanks I can appreciate that. I don't entirely believe anyone could possibly unlock Chloe at a mere level 40 however, which is what she was given as. Agreeing with the designer's philosophy, I would expect she be the approximate level one would require to unlock her on average, but 40 doesn't seem realistic?

I mean if you're saying a level 40 with a fully max blessed team of max practiced and 5 star weapons could beat it, no such person will ever exist lol that's not quite right surely?

edit: it should be based on the average, not the exception, yeah?
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:26 am

Guess it's not up for debate? lol
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:42 am

Cannot use average as then too many players will have new heroes with higher levels than their team, but Chloe's starting level may have been bit lower because previous level cap was 50. I will check with the dev team again whether it make sense to increase her starting level. Even if they do increase her starting level in the game, it would not affect existing Chloes that has already joined.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Argh yes ofc previous level cap.. That would somewhat explain why it only gave her ~lv40, thanks for pointing that out! I've not been playing long enough for that cap increase to have had any effect on me really, so I totally forgot that caps weren't always as they are.

My suggestion that the level she be provided at be similar to the average level of the team that players require in order to beat the boss shouldn't result in Chloe being unlocked at a higher level than any of the heroes brought to the unlock fight- one additional line before awarding the hero/level to check for that situation and drop a few levels off her would be ultra easy to implement though, if it were a concern.

I know you've said you don't wanna, but some kind of retroactive level touchup to existing Chloes would be massively appreciated if you do choose to adjust her level for the new caps. Perhaps something that goes through each player and simply says if the three heroes with highest level are average lv50+, add x levels to their Chloe?

I assume you don't bother to record the date/time a hero is unlocked in the database as it's not that important, but if you did have that data it that would help the code be more specific if you wanted to say only apply the fix to people who unlocked her after the date the level cap was increased <3

Thanks for your continued consideration and conversation
outseekerdroid

Postby Empyrial » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Her aquisition lvl makes very little difference even if its increased or decreased. Her abilities and blessings are still only lvl 1 no matter what lvl you get her so you wont be using her anytime soon no matter what you do.

Would rather they fix the main issues with the game rather than worry about an issue like this 1 but w/e i guess.
Empyrial

Postby outseekerdroid » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:56 pm

Sure, priorities are a thing hehe I wouldn't mind if they did something else first :)

The real difference is the amount of grinding you have to do in order to bring her up to par with the rest of the team levels-wise. Certainly the bless and skills are ultra expensive and time consuming to level up fully in themselves, but the levels grind is just so harsh when you've already ground out so many levels on how many heroes, so that you could finally unlock her.

Admittedly it doesn't exactly "matter" because the level she's unlocked at has no effect on her power, but that's also kinda the point- it's kinda like saying hey congrats on doing all that epic grinding to unlock this hero! Now go off and grind out another ~10 high levels worth of xp for her for no particular reason.
outseekerdroid

Postby Empyrial » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:25 pm

She gets exp as you continue to grind your main chars so theres no such thing as grinding her lol. Ive never purposely lvled her and shes already caught up to my main chars. If you're that worried about grinding her, then simply use bounty quests to cap her faster. Lol

Do you plan to use her right away after aquiring her?
Empyrial

Postby outseekerdroid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:08 am

Empyrial wrote:She gets exp as you continue to grind your main chars so theres no such thing as grinding her lol. Ive never purposely lvled her and shes already caught up to my main chars. If you're that worried about grinding her, then simply use bounty quests to cap her faster. Lol

Duh, the bounties and craip IS the grinding. Instead of improving combos etc. with the actually useful heroes, you need to spend them on her instead.

Empyrial wrote:Do you plan to use her right away after aquiring her?

Well yeah, what's the point of finally unlocking a character and then never using them..? You really are quite the negative nancy, Empy. What do you want them to prioritise, so I can go to your posts and be a lil baish?
outseekerdroid

Next

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks