Suggestion: New Guild War Format

Suggestion: New Guild War Format

Postby icyglaze » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 am

Premise: Guild Wars is awesome, but there is room for improvement.

Suggestion: Lump the war plots into one big melee per tier - 6 guilds in the highest tier, 12 in the middle and everyone else in the lowest tier. Then, let all guilds in each tier duke each other out until one guild remains. I.e. Every tier would rank every participating guild. Then, the top 3 in the highest tier remain in the highest tier, while the bottom 3 drop to the middle tier for the next war cycle. Similarly, the top 3 of the middle get promoted, the next 3 remain, and the bottom 6 drop to the lowest tier; the top 6 of the lowest tier get promoted and everyone else remains on the lowest tier.

I believe this format is much more satisfying than the current format, allowing for the biggest guilds to satisfy their blood lust and ensuring active recruitment in the smallest guilds to remain relevant.

Should this format be adopted, several changes would have to be made to bidding and rewards. I suggest scrapping the fee as a more legitimate system is in place to ensure robust wars. As for war rewards, I suggest retaining the random pet/weapon/orb drops and scrapping the guild buffs. However, in place of the end of war rewards, I suggest the following be placed in the guild auction house:
Top tier (all listed weapons, pets and orbs are random)
Rank 1 - three 5* weapon, three 5* soulstone, four pets, four 4* weapons, four 4* soulstone, some pet orbs. [remains top tier]
Rank 2 to 3 - two 5* weapon, two 5* soulstone, three pets, three 4* weapons, three 4* soulstone, some pet orbs. [remains top tier]
Rank 4 to 6 - one 5* weapon, one 5* soulstone, two pets, two 4* weapons, two 4* soulstone, some pet orbs. [demotion to middle tier]

Middle Tier
Rank 1 - two 5* weapon, two 5* soulstone, three pets, three 4* weapons, three 4* soulstone, some pet orbs. [promotion to top tier]
Rank 2 to 3 - one 5* weapon, one 5* soulstone, two pets, two 4* weapons, two 4* soulstone, some pet orbs. [promotion to top tier]
Rank 4 to 6 - one pet, two 4* weapons, two 4* soulstone, some pet orbs, two 3* weapons, two 3* soulstone. [remains middle tier]
Rank 7 to 12 - one 4* weapon, one 4* soulstone, some pet orbs, two 3* weapons, two 3* soulstone. [demoted to lowest tier]

Lowest Tier
Rank 1 - one 5* weapon, one 5* soulstone, two pets, two 4* weapons, two 4* soulstone, some pet orbs. [promotion to middle tier]
Rank 2 to 6 - one 4* weapon, one 4* soulstone, some pet orbs, two 3* weapons, two 3* soulstone. [promotion to middle tier]
Rank 7 onwards - some pet orbs, one 3* weapons, one 3* soulstone. [remains lowest tier]
Guilds without a single participating player attacking/defending - no rewards. [remains lowest tier]

GUI-wise, one needs to add a list of participating guilds in the war GUI. I suggest another tab beside "Our posts" labelled "Colosseum", and the list of other guilds in the same tier with the number of active defenders beside the guild name, ranked by the most number of active defenders to the least. When active defenders equals zero, the guild's rank would be determined.

As for who deserves the top/middle tier participation in the first round this format is implemented, I boldly propose the following guilds (based on their performance in previous guild wars, guild dungeons, guild size, global chat participation, leader/vice strength, forum activity and personal opinion).
Top Tier:
1. Necessarius
2. Unnecessary
3. Hellios X
4. Frostbitten
5. Departed
6. Force

Middle Tier (in no particular order):
1. Brouzouk
2. Rivendell
3. Heros
4. Elysium
5. Knights
6. Hidden Dawn
7. Vesperia
8. Tartarus
9. ChaosSlayers
10. A342 Guild
11. Krada
12. Rebels

I also think it is a good idea for the top player in each tier (most number of points among ALL participating players in that tier) (i.e. the MVP) to get the following rewards straight to the player's inbox.
Top tier: two 5* weapons, one 5* soulstone, two pets
Middle tier: one 5* weapon, one 5* soulstone, one pet
Lowest tier: one 5* weapon

Cheers~
icyglaze

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks