Hero Fame

Hero Fame

Postby icyglaze » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:41 am

So, hero fame. Takes serious effort to hit fame V, ridiculous efforts for fame VI. So, to match the hype of a supposed "famous" hero, I propose a new feature only available to players who have fame IV heros and above - Hero Dojo - a fortnightly featured hero arena to be nested under the (newly created) last tab of "Explore". I mean, they are supposedly "famous" right?

Proposed hero dojo:
1. Will feature one unique hero per fortnight, listing 3-5 players (randomly) with said hero at fame IV and above for battle.
2. Every player gets five tries a day, with a win scoring 3 points, a loss scoring 1 point, and a successful defend also scoring a point (max 5 points a day for defence points). VIP players get to buy more daily tries.
3. The sequence of battle follows heros hall (player-initiated), and not arena (auto-battle), with said player allowed to use unlimited potions at his/her disposal.
4. Every player cannot fight the same opponent player within the fortnight.
5. The player whose hero has the highest points thus far each hero fame tier gets displayed similarly to heros hall monarch - with a gold crown for fame VI heros, a silver for fame V, and a bronze for fame IV.
6. Player ranks follow the guild dungeon system and not the current player ranking system - where the first person who attains the highest number of points ranks higher than a subsequent player who ties with the same number of points.
7. To incentivise fame accumulation, fame V heros would have a random 5% stats boost (akin to partnering a friend hero); fame VI heros, a 12% stats boost. (Fame V takes at least 9 months to accumulate, fame VI, another year on top of that - I think the stats boost is only fair.)
8. Building on (6), players with fame IV heros winning fame V or VI opponents would be granted 20 or 50 hero-specific fame points; similarly a fame V hero winning fame VI opponents would be granted 30 hero-specific fame points. Wins across heros with the same or lower fame tiers are not worth fame points.
9. Rewards should be fame-tier-based. I propose top ranked players with fame IV heros getting rewards equivalent of winning a medium guild war plot; fame V heros, a large war plot; fame VI heros, double fame V rewards. (I'm thinking random guaranteed weapons for the top player of that featured hero - come on, we are fame IV and above, we deserve this at least. 32 weapons for a max evo 5star, remember?) Due to numerical differences, one imagines fame IV hero tiers to reward the top 50 ranking players; fame V, top 20; and if and when this feature appears, fame VI, top 5.
10. The interface could be similar to the current heros hall monarch challenge GUI, with current top ranking player opponent (customized to the fame-tier of the player) listed on top, opponent avatars with corresponding fame-tiers where the monarch team is placed, the current player's own hero avatar and power level where the stage rewards is placed, attack/defend win/loss icons where the monarch power is placed, a shortcut to customise player hero weapons/pet/soulstones where the team icon is placed, and a shortcut to the current ranking players (similar to arena) where the redeem icon is placed.

My suggestion will
i. Increase player retention - especially players with fame IV and above heros. Because we know that's when current game content is simply insufficient to retain our interest.
ii. Increase player hero diversity - because clearly players who are heavily invested with select heros have sunk cost fallacies and will not change heros easily.
iii. Following (ii), when hero diversity increases, sales of items with respect to said featured heros will naturally increase, leading to increased revenue for you guys.
iv. Also following (ii), featuring heros only available late game, or to VIPs (like Gerald), encourages existing players to actually commit into the game content, and perhaps actually buy to use Gerald (though I suspect your f2p base will not like it too much, unless, say, you allow us to buy a Gerald with like a million gold or something).
v. Players with high fame-tier heros tend to accumulate a ton of potions (like 999+), (3) will help clear some of this.
vi. Players who finally attain fame IV heros are expectedly very much put off by the slog required for the next fame tier, the fame-rewarding battle system of this feature will help alleviate this mindless slog.

This is not an easily implemented suggestion, but I do hope you see the merits of creating it. I do suspect you will retain a much larger chunk of your veteran players in doing so.

Cheers
icyglaze

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks