Proposed guild war fix

Proposed guild war fix

Postby ModusOp33 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:20 pm

Guild war was meant to be a fun co-op experience with members of your guild. The problem right now is that every other week, a one or two member guild places a large bid, and our almost full guild faces off against one that has one or two defenders. Sometimes, there isn't a single defender. An easy fix would be to simply not allow a bid to be placed if your membership is too low. I was thinking 10 ppl minimum for a large spot, 5 for medium, and No Minimum for low. Guild war should be a huge part of the draw to keep people playing, but I feel like I'm being cheated out of half the available things that are left to do, especially since I'm done with all the pve levels. Plus this would encourage people to join together instead of flooding the game with hundreds of one man guilds just for the auction. It would be a simple check before allowing to place bid. I know a little programming, and can say that no matter what language, it would be exceedingly easy to implement. Thanks for your time, and hopefully your consideration since I've seen similar questions about this issue.
ModusOp33

Re: Proposed guild war fix

Postby admin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:18 am

Hello ModusOp33,

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem with setting minimum requirement for bids is that it makes bidding even less competitive then it already is. Because half of the war points' spots (one or both) are being automatically assigned for free due to lack of bids, guilds actually have huge stockpile of points which is breaking this in-game currency. If guilds with more members really wish to compete on a large point, they shouldn't have problem overbidding the one-active-man guilds, but some rather just get medium point assigned instead. As the issue from top guilds' perspective, it may not be just lack of challenge, but rather fewer war points earned for defeating enemies. It's not a major problem, but we may need to recheck the bidding and paring logic in the future.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby ModusOp33 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, and I can understand that aspect as I had no idea that so many were placed by default from lack of bid. The only issue I have is that you're basically saying the entire system is flawed :lol: . I was wondering how it was even possible for some guilds to raise enough funds to place a high bid every week. I'm not sure how the pairing works but I'd suggest basing it on comparable guild funds raised, as this is still almost a direct correlation to the more active and full guilds. Obviously it's complicated, and I can still see issues with it this way, but you could also base default placement loosely on total amount of guild funds donated in the previous week. This would make pairing even more likely to be comparable, as a high member guild will always donate more funds than one without members. You would almost need some sort of penalty though for not placing a bid, which as you described would be almost impossible to implement in the current bidding system, or else not placing a bid would still be abused.

You could always just scrap the bidding process altogether, and use some type of RNG altered by the factors I suggested above. since it seems that most of the guilds are not bidding anyways, and the ones that do get stuck facing one's that don't quite often according to your post. This would also be incentive to have larger guilds, and more funds donated. Obviously no perfect answer, but something NEEDS to change, because the only "war" half the time is with your own guild members to get a single fight in.....
ModusOp33

Postby admin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 am

Sometimes previous large guilds with huge amount of war funds become inactive except one or two players. Have you checked whether the single defender guilds actually only have one member? A fairly straight forward solution if there are many inactive players is probably just add auto player placements (for any player who hasn't placed themselves) at the start of the war.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby ModusOp33 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:10 am

Hey there. I talked to a few people, and so far everyone likes your idea about an auto add. I think it would be worth a shot, but I still think the problem is the size of the guilds. When I was talking about single member guilds, it wasn't exactly literal but more a reference to guilds with very few members like 2 or 3. If there was some way for the pairing to take membership into account it would be great, but still wouldn't prevent a bid. Anyway, would implementing an auto placement into the game take much effort? Basically is it something that can happen? Thanks
ModusOp33

Return to Discussion / Suggestions & Feedbacks