Re: Fame Lvl Bug

Postby versemvak » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:41 am

This is actually the same solution i was gonna propose to you guys, you can increase the threshold for the fame tier, its ok, not a problem at all, game evolve, but the percentage of everyone got until before (reflecting their effort to increase fame level) its still the same, that way you dont hurt their effort nor you do unfair things to your players
I hope i'll still able to support you guys like always, but i'll put my faith in this one.

Empyrial wrote:This issue definitly wasn't handled the right way. Increasing the limit per tier was fine but the % of each players tier should've remained the same instead of dropping it. >_> I strongly ask that you rethink your solution to this issue as this 1 was definitly not a good choice.
versemvak

Postby admin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:09 am

What is actually stored on the server is the grand total fame experience (earned since game start) and not a percentage value. The client app displays the percentage based on total exp earned and the total experience needed for next level. We didn't drop anyone's total experience value, but as the total requirement increased, the percentage progress displayed decreased. For example, if your total fame exp was 500, and requirement for next fame tier is 1000 but now changed to 2000, the percentage displayed would drop from 50% to 25% while your total exp earned did not change.

Hope this makes sense any confusion and disappointment this change may have made, especially for players who had % close to the next tier. The increase applies equally to all players, both old and new, and those who made to next tier early still need to makeup the exp as server stores the total fame exp, not exp earned since last tier.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby 33up » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Let me chime in with a difference perspective as a player who reached fame V with 1 character and now kind of wish I didn't. I also had other characters at 99% and 98% before reset.
First, the advantage is really not that big at all considering myself, and probably most other players, don't have full sets of 5 star soul stones on our characters, meaning all that my fame 5 character gets is one extra 3 star soul stone. And it will be aeons of time before I have a full set of 5 star soulstones, so this will not change.

The disadvantage out weighs then the advantage in my opinion, here is why - from the Admin in a reply above:
You can think it as that they received a bonus for getting to the previous requirement earlier, but they will still have to make-up exp difference once tier VI is added.

So basically what that is stating is that my fame 5 character is going to miss out on a lot of experience gain, probably a good months worth of play time, depending on
a: when fame 6 comes out and
b: how long it takes for our other characters to reach fame 5.
That is a lot of hours of play time / exp that my character will be missing out on for relatively small benefit of having only one more 3 star soul stone.

So it's give and take, I'm not upset either way because as I stated the advantage works both ways and the loss is really not that big, just pointing out that fact. :mrgreen:
33up

Postby Empyrial » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 pm

The problem is that some people spent gems on bountys if they were close to lvling. Myself included. If the cap was gonna be raised, I wouldn't have dropped the gems to begin with and took my time catching sara up the long way. >_>

Which leads to the question? Is anything gonna be done compensation wise to make up for this sudden change that just cost players gems. It's not our fault you guys weren't prepared for the speed of our lvling right? You guys should've made an official announcement about the change in the game. Not just the forum. You guys have a system chat. Why not use it? :/
Empyrial

Postby admin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:21 am

Hi Empyrial,

Good point. We will issue partial refund for Gems used on Bounty Quests up to a week prior to the change (but not after). Those have speed-up Bounty Quests prior to the change please send me a private message with your in-game name and approximate day(s) Gems were used to speed up Bounty Quests, and we will the partial Gem credits after verifying the server records. Those who hasn't registered and posted on the forum yet (thus cannot send PMs) can contact us at support@playmage.com

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Empyrial » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 am

Good deal. I'm perfectly ok with that decision. Any chance you guys could start using the system chat if changes like this happen in the future? That will save alot of trouble for everyone in the future including urselves lol.

As for the pm, Is it possible for you guys to pull logs on the accounts to see how much was spent? I have a rough estimate of how much I dropped but I wanna make sure the numbers accurate so I'm only getting as much compensation as I'm supposed to be getting. Thanks.
Empyrial

Postby admin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:40 am

Yes, we can pull records of Gems spend on speedup Bounty Quest for specific players and date ranges. That's why we are asking for player's in-game name and dates to be provided in the private message request.

Good idea about using system chat, I will ask the dev team to make it ready and accessible in the future when we make major system wide changes.
admin
Site Admin

Postby versemvak » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 am

The answer given actually pretty good, except that it doesnt answer fairness issue.

For 33up, you might like to be happy right now because what? My heroes rep doesnt increase even 1% after full set (bounty + practice + arena) this day.
So if i have 70% to go, that means at least i'll need 2 months before i get to reach lv 5 reputation if i dont spwnd gem in my bounty quest.

I got your point now, usually everyone affected by a change in a game will get aome compensation, be it in form of gems, gold, chests, or anything with gems spender will receive extra.
But we can see now that you only concerned with your paying customers. Its ok if thats your policy and the way you do your job, its your game anyway so you make the rule.

I wont prolong this matter anylonger since i already get answer for everything i seek.
Thank you for your time.
versemvak

Postby admin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:30 am

Hi versemvak,

The point is that it should take at least 4 months or so for any players to reach fame tier V, as by then the maximum hero level is likely still not reached. The problem was when we added more ways to earn fame, we didn't immediately increase the fame requirement until we found couple players with heroes reaching fame V way too soon. We apologize again for the negative experience this has caused.

While the game has no mechanic to issue global comps, we do give out many free rewards daily. An active player can easily earn 100+ free gems each day via login, arena, lucky cards, quests, etc (and hundreds more in free rewards). This also means not just payers can spend Gems on Bounty Quests, we would also issue credits for anyone who speed up Bounty Quests recently regardless of VIP level.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:10 am

admin wrote:
An active player can easily earn 100+ free gems each day via login, arena, lucky cards, quests, etc (and hundreds more in free rewards).

Sorry to butt in. The math does not check out. I do not think it is fair to include the badge and quest rewards in your "daily free gems" calculation. Those should be a separate category as they are exhaustive - i.e. non-repeatable. The only way an active player can get 100+ free gems daily (assuming an averaged day over 30 playing days) is if said player is at least arena rank 6 (50 a day), gets lucky on cards (20 a day), collects all daily log in rewards (average 15 a day), does all sunday daily rewards (average 7 net gems a day), wins heroes hall (average 14 a day). [Total 106 a day]. A big chunk of that relies on arena ranks - the average player probably rolls in a mere 5 gems a day (if ranked 300 and above). The 3rd biggest chunk is heroes hall, which I'm inclined to believe only the top 100 arena players qualify for a decent shot at. So, in actuality, realistically speaking, an active average player may only clock in just under 50 free gems daily.

Now, I'm not complaining (see thread viewtopic.php?f=48&t=18003 for my express gratitude), but one should not twist facts that much. Note I also didn't discuss the actual cost (in game days) per treasure hunt. :geek:
icyglaze

PreviousNext

Return to Support