Updates can crash the game?

Updates can crash the game?

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Hey, I was just in the loading screen going into a lv30 relic hunt and the game locked up on 5% loading.
I waited a couple of minutes to see if it would come back to life, then restarted the device.

Once restarted, an update was downloaded and applied for the game and I loaded back in.
It loaded up the fight, and said "Reconnecting... " for a while, then a counter that sat at 0 for a while came up, then one of us died, then the other, then the "Defeat" screen before I had died. It wouldn't let me exit via Menu when it was Reconnecting and the others should have easily won or died by this point, so I don't know what it thought it was doing but it didn't work correctly it would seem XD
outseekerdroid

Re: Updates can crash the game?

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 pm

Just a little additional information, King Yama who was one of the players I was with said he didn't crash, but the game said we were Defeated without anyone dying.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi outseekerdroid,

Thanks for the report. I am not sure what you meant by 5% and while an update downloaded after you restart the phone, but if game update started while it's running, then the behavior is unknown and will likely cause the game to crash. Not sure why one person dropping out during relic hunt cause other players to time-out/lose either as we couldn't reproduce the issue on our side. If it happens again please let us know with more details if possible

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 am

What I mean by 5% is that it was loading the Relic Hunt environment at the time - Loading ... 5% and stuck/locked up.
This appeared to coincide with a game update being published, as the first thing it did once the device was powered off and on again was to download the game update.

I don't remember so well, but I am quite sure that every time I am in-game and an update is published I experience oddities in my game until it's closed and updated. Like I think hmm it's acting funny so I quit, and it then notifies me OK game update installed, and when I go back in it's all fine again.

I will try to find you something more reproducible, since it's probably quite difficult for you to reproduce this scenario where you publish an update while your test device is loading a relic hunt fight.

admin wrote:Hi outseekerdroid,

Thanks for the report. I am not sure what you meant by 5% and while an update downloaded after you restart the phone, but if game update started while it's running, then the behavior is unknown and will likely cause the game to crash. Not sure why one person dropping out during relic hunt cause other players to time-out/lose either as we couldn't reproduce the issue on our side. If it happens again please let us know with more details if possible

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
outseekerdroid

Return to Support