Relic Hunt Defeated With All Enemies Dead!

Relic Hunt Defeated With All Enemies Dead!

Postby outseekerdroid » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:20 am

I just ran a lv20 RH with a player named shenlongz. We killed everything, and the game just sat there with all dead enemies. I could click Status and see they are all grey and dead. Waited for about a minute and it says Defeated.. I killed the last enemy and he was hosting, if it happens to make a difference.
outseekerdroid

Re: Relic Hunt Defeated With All Enemies Dead!

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:41 am

Nothing? I thought the default action if a player timed out was to have them attack? How is it even possible for us to have Defeat when we've kicked their butts, even if the host never receives the choice of attack from the client player?
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi outseekerdroid,

If one player times out at any time, then the server automatically attacks for the player. If all players in the room/team timed out at the same time (or error out due to possible synchronization glitch which we are looking into), then the server will determine room as abandoned. Unfortunately without a very identifiable pattern, it's hard for us to reproduce bug that happens very rarely.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:13 pm

OK thanks, I will try to find some more information to maybe help debug it.
I imagine it might be worth trying some packet loss emulation/simulation or something, since under "normal" conditions it does work correctly.

The player I mentioned in the op is actually on a bad net connection I think, as I've had him in my party again since and it seemed to often take quite a long time between actions.
outseekerdroid

Return to Support