Arena shows wrong enemy team

Arena shows wrong enemy team

Postby outseekerdroid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:53 pm

I just went into the Arena and clicked on the profile of someone a ranked a few higher than me, to see who they were using. They had Sara with them and were ~110% of my strength, so I thought why not give it a shot.

When I get there, they don't have Sara, they have the default team, which is of course stronger than one with Sara in it, since she costs an arm and a leg to upgrade once you get her and is always underlevelled.

I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened; one particularly memorable time I saw a guy Arena ranked above me who only had like 25% of my power or something when I looked at his profile, and i was like what are you doing there? Challenge accepted. When I got to the fight he had a team that mopped the floor with me.

Is this just multiple cases of miraculous timing, where someone has updated their defender team in between my getting the list of challenges and clicking Challenge, or is there something else going on?

Cheers
outseekerdroid

Re: Arena shows wrong enemy team

Postby outseekerdroid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:06 pm

More infos:

It is not just a timing thing where they have changed their team- the fella is still there in the state described.

Dark storm
Total Power: 17084 (110%)
Arena Rank: 68
Arena Record:13

Stage Team:
- Main character (Fame II)
- Sara (Fame I)
- Raina (Fame III)

When you Challenge him, he actually has Main character, Sakura, Raina.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi outseekerdroid,

Clicking on someone in the arena still shows their stage team, not their arena defense team (which pet raid defense also use). We don't show player's arena defense team because it would give too much advantage to the attacker to setup their team against the formation. However, most players do not change their arena defense team often, so you can try remember incase you fight them again.

Hope this helps,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 am

OK, so may I ask why viewing the players profile via Arena is possible then? If anything it's only misleading and serves no useful purpose?
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:34 pm

I am sorry if you misunderstood or missed the caption that said "stage team" above their team formation. Almost everywhere else you can tap on their avatar to see their info, not having this in the Arena would feel like it's broken. It also gives you some info and an estimate of the player's strength, and an option to add them as friends.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:10 pm

You know what, I will stop providing suggestions and feedback since none of it is of any use.
It's always just the player's fault for not understanding.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm

I never said it's player's fault for misunderstanding a game feature. Keep in mind that this is the bug sub-forum and you have been reporting these as bugs, and thus it's my duty to clear up the misunderstanding explain that there are working as intended per design.

If you have an actual suggestion of how to improve something, please post it in the other sub-forum. Please do not expect all suggestions to be implemented (even though majority of good ones has been made to the game in the past frequent updates).
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support