Pet piece raids

Pet piece raids

Postby icyglaze » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:05 am

Sometimes a power 100% opponent is marked medium, sometimes it is marked low. Is this a fixed ranged? If it is fluid, how fluid can we expect this range to be? Basically I don't quite understand how a power 100% opponent gives a "low" success rate.
icyglaze

Re: Pet piece raids

Postby admin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi Icyglaze,

Low target is usually 60%-90% of your power, but the range fluctuates a little if it can't find a proper target within this range that has the pet piece.

Hope this helps,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Ok. If low is an opponent 90% power and below, then clearly that isn't true. Currently, opponents 98-100% of my power show up as low.

Also, sometimes, there are absolutely zero opponents for select pieces in medium or high for extended periods of time. This is a source of frustration for many.
icyglaze

Postby Empyrial » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 pm

I think they should've made bots stronger instead of weaker, especially with more and more players becoming more powerful.
Empyrial

Postby admin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 am

icyglaze wrote:Also, sometimes, there are absolutely zero opponents for select pieces in medium or high for extended periods of time. This is a source of frustration for many.

That's because no one in that range has those pieces at that time, and the design team specifically do not want create bots to give out pieces at medium/high range as Pet Raid is intended to be transfer of pet pieces, not a generation of pieces (which is what Pet Rescue is for). This is especially true when we just changed into two new pets that haven't given out pieces for yet and some very few players have slightly rarer pieces. You can try looking around at other times when players in your range are using their pet rescue chances to find them, or trying different teams with lower total power. Either way, please do not expect to rely on raiding other players as a steading source of pet pieces when you are at the top, at least for now.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby icyglaze » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:56 am

I sense some conflict in your retort.

admin wrote: Pet Raid is intended to be transfer of pet pieces, not a generation of pieces (which is what Pet Rescue is for)

You seem to imply the purpose of pet raids being the way a player could complete pet pieces at the expense of other fellow players and not as a means of extracting new pieces from player bots.

Yet

admin wrote: please do not expect to rely on raiding other players as a steading source of pet pieces when you are at the top, at least for now.

you also insinuate "top players" exploit weaker players for pet pieces - which is kind of the point behind pushing this option isn't it? .

So what is it?
- If you wish to stick to your first principle, why have player bots?
- If you wish to have your second principle, why have raids in the first place?

For the record, I try very hard not to do that simply because I know how annoying it is to have pieces taken from you. I've only started to raid other players after you guys nerfed the bots with this new pet, and of course in retaliation to other players raiding myself.

I also like to add, this doesn't address the original question - which is that players (bots or otherwise) with 96-100% power, show up as "low" during pet raids.
icyglaze

Postby admin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:07 am

- Low chance opponent only have 10% of successfully raiding on victories (as opposed to 40% and 70%), so there is not much "conflict" as the bots are required for the players to at least use the feature. What I meant is do not expect to always find actual player opponents and always able to obtain pieces easily via the Pet Raid feature.
- If you see 96-100% powered opponent in the low chance spot, it's likely because they were adjusting their teams, while we were preparing the opponent list. I will ask the dev team to see this can be improved/fixed so it doesn't happen as often as their might be some unnecessary caching.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Donkeypunch » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:00 am

Would be nice for us top players to be able to find high chance opponents as well. I havnt seen one in ages. Even adjusting team I can't find anyone with high or medium chance. Very hard to get pieces for us players near the top
Donkeypunch

Postby admin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:36 am

Donkeypunch wrote:Would be nice for us top players to be able to find high chance opponents as well. I havnt seen one in ages. Even adjusting team I can't find anyone with high or medium chance. Very hard to get pieces for us players near the top

Hi Donkeypunch,

This is because there is probably only one player that would fall into your high/medium range and he is in your guild. Most likely he don't have the pet piece you want to raid if he has any raidable pieces at all. Would you raid a piece from him if he shows up in your opponent list?

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Donkeypunch » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Probably not. Even when I lower power I don't find anyone to raid but you explained this above about nerfing bots. Thanks guys
Donkeypunch

Next

Return to Support