Hailstorm freeze on relic hunts

Hailstorm freeze on relic hunts

Postby Donkeypunch » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:36 am

Hi I have noticed I don't think I have ever seen my hailstorm freeze proc on my relic hunts. Is this supposed to happen? Did you make enemies in rh 50 or 60 immune? My freeze hailstorm is maxed out and should freeze at least once. Could you check into this for me?
Donkeypunch

Re: Hailstorm freeze on relic hunts

Postby admin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:19 am

Hi Donkeypunch,

Thanks for the report. I am not sure if this is intentional but I will check with the dev team, but my guess is that even maxed out the freeze rate is low enough that with some bad luck you can have played used hailstorm in dozens of relic hunts without it proc'ing.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Donkeypunch » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:18 pm

55 hailstorm used not 1 frozen enemy. Seems like something is broken
Donkeypunch

Postby admin » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:42 am

Hi Donkeypunch,

Our dev team has tested this and it does appear to work in relic hunts as intended. The relic mode uses a single random check one skill usage, so either all enemies are frozen or none. Since the freeze is only one turn and Raina often acts last due to her slow speed, you may not noticed enemy didn't take a turn. During the dev's testing, they performed 10 hailstorms in relic hunt fights with max talent, and twice it froze all enemies.

However, there is a problem (in player's favor) for this talent outside of relic hunts. The talent performed separate random check for each hit for each enemy (this skill hits multiple times), so instead of only 20% chance of freezing an enemy at max talent, you will often find 2 to 3 enemies frozen for one turn almost every use of this skill. This is something we might fix in the next client update so the talent isn't overpowered in other modes.

Best Regards,
Admin / Playmage Suport
admin
Site Admin

Postby Donkeypunch » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:26 am

Thanks guys. But this doesn't seem overpowered outside of relic hunt at all. Seems like it is pretty balanced to me
Donkeypunch

Return to Support