Counter status effect glitch?

Counter status effect glitch?

Postby Cgamp » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi.

I noticed that when my counter attack hits an opponent that has a taunt weapon gem equipped it results in me being taunted... this seems like a glitch.

I also noticed silence/taunt have a 100% chance to be inflicted when counter attack in a match where 2 opposing teams both have silence/taunt gems equipped. Is this intended or is it a glitch?

Lastly, when counter it seems when counter attacking and receiving counter attack with status effects of the same kind, they cancel each other out or undo the effects??? Is this intended or a glitch??
Cgamp

Re: Counter status effect glitch?

Postby Cgamp » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 pm

For instance if you had infinite counter attacks and went into a fight with both opposing teams equipped with the same exact taunt weapon gems, as soon as the counter activates you would see an exchange of the status effect occuring 100% of the time. This needs fixing.

And as for silence with the above scenario it's cancelled immediately due to taking an action (the following counter) almost making for what appears to be something worth improving. Perhaps allow counters with silence to stay??
Cgamp

Postby admin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 am

Hi Cgamp,

Thanks for the report. I will forward it to the dev team to take a look.

Can you please clarify bit more regarding what you meant by: counter attacking and receiving counter attack with same status effect "cancelling each other out" or "exchange of the status effect"?

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cgamp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:27 pm

admin wrote:
Can you please clarify bit more regarding what you meant by: counter attacking and receiving counter attack with same status effect "cancelling each other out" or "exchange of the status effect"?

That particular statement was referring to when a player is fighting another player and they both have a silence gem equip, the effect is auto transferred during counter attacks, but since a counter attack is a reaction to already being hit by the player the silence effect immediately disappears...

Anyway that's the best I can do trying to explain. The real issue that needs to be fixed is getting taunted while counter attacking a player with a taunt gem, that is clearly not fair.

In order to recreate these scenarios simply have 2 opposing teams with silence and taunt weapon gems counter attack each other, you'll no doubt notice what I'm talking about, I believe this also is how to recreate a scenario where ult combos are interrupted, because if this same thing works with a spd reduction weapon gem, it may auto skip turn order.
Cgamp

Postby admin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:24 am

Hi Cgamp,

The dev team couldn't reproduce this issue. Are you countering the effect-gem-equipping player's regular attacks or skills? Are you sure the effect wasn't actually applied by their attack but you only saw the status after the counter, so assuming it's applied by your counter attack instead?

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support