Power range for fame practice fights changed?

Power range for fame practice fights changed?

Postby icyglaze » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Previously one gets fame if one does a practice fight with another player possessing 80% power or above. This seems to be increased to above 85% (?). The corresponding text remains unchanged. Is this a bug or a nerf?
icyglaze

Re: Power range for fame practice fights changed?

Postby admin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:13 am

Nothing was changed. Perhaps the player dropped in power since you have viewed their profile window.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cgamp » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:31 am

Hi.

I recently confirmed that the power level ratio for fame rewarded for practice fights is infact malfunctioning. I confirmed this by fighting an inactive player via the ranks charts (So active power shifts do not apply), I practice fought with a character listed at 82% of my power level however upon winning the match I recieved a message stating that the power difference was insufficient. This is clearly a glitch.

Also, I have noticed that alot of characters at exactly 80 percent power or early 80s are not awarding fame upon defeat these instances comfirm to me that Icyglaze's suspicions are sound.
Cgamp

Postby admin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 am

The dev team double check several times and the 80% setting has not changed. There is no need to make a change and for us not to state or say it wasn't changed. We do display the target's total power from the database when there isn't a player within range that's currently online, and this can create a discrepancy as when you enter the fight, we do recalculate their current true power, which can be lower especially if they just had a buff expire. I will check with the dev team to see if they can change this behavior to either not recalculate power or recalculate after fetching cached data from the DB for showing opponents in the city screen.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support