Poor pet piece distribution

Poor pet piece distribution

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:07 am

Hi,

After the update to pet piece raiding, I can no longer find any human targets whatsoever for certain pieces. Can you do something about the piece distribution perhaps so there's not a constant shortage of certain pieces? or increase the odds of not getting a duplicate piece from killing bosses? (constant duplicates)

I just used all my daily chances to get one piece from a Low chance non-player team, now that piece will be stolen with 100% certainty because I am the only human player with one in the range of my heroes power...
outseekerdroid

Re: Poor pet piece distribution

Postby Empyrial » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 am

You're wasting your time with this issue. Lol They wont ever be able to balance the raid feature completely without screwing some players over and most suggestions to change or remove it have either been ignored or decided against by the devs. You'd be better off posting on 1 of the older topics for this issue. Just a heads up.
Empyrial

Postby outseekerdroid » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:29 am

Thx. Another request would be to at the very least please make it re-roll if you get duplicate pieces within the same reward.. I just killed a boss and got 2x piece one from it- that would make more of a piece variety be available in the general raiding pool if we could reroll one of them to something else, if not take into account what the player already has
outseekerdroid

Postby Cgamp » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 pm

I suggest you try using only 2 characters and to try different power level combinations, you're almost guaranteed to find a piece if you have atleast one character that isn't leveled up at all to pair with other characters, i.e" your most weakest with your 2nd most weakest, or your most weakest with strongest etc.

Personally, I think they should have never changed the character limit to begin with and that they should return the character selection limit back to one.

As far as balance, it probably is more balanced now than ever, however the amount of active players to long-term new players isn't.

Therefore a consistent imbalance is inevitable. However, with a one player limit the odds of temporary players being raided instead of long-term players, which would like favor game growth.

Higher level players will most likely always have an advantage.
In an attempt to balance the game they made it overall less appaling by requiring more time demand, also the concept of new players one day gaining the same advantage was something to look forward to.

At present all they have done is stretch out the time on the entire process thus I see an increase in long-term players quitting the game.

The best choice now would be to return the pet raid limit to one player if they truly valued their long-term players and future game growth, or leave it as is for the sake of the closest thing to balance there is thus far. Last but not least implement an revision of their own or one of the few good ones players haves already submitted.
Cgamp

Postby admin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:48 am

Stretching out the process doesn't increase the churn rate of long-term players. If anything, it makes them play longer to get their pets to the desired level, but at the same time those used to old strategy can be annoyed by the slow down and post complaints on the support forum. Keep in mind that it's active players that funnels into long-term players, so having more active players quit because they get constantly raided by 1-player team long-term players means less new long-term players to make up for the natural churn.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cgamp » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 am

admin wrote:Stretching out the process doesn't increase the churn rate of long-term players. If anything, it makes them play longer to get their pets to the desired level, but at the same time those used to old strategy can be annoyed by the slow down and post complaints on the support forum. Keep in mind that it's active players that funnels into long-term players, so having more active players quit because they get constantly raided by 1-player team long-term players means less new long-term players to make up for the natural churn.

That's a brilliant argument, allow me to retort.

Stretching out the process is over all unappealing to everyone due to the time investment, even new players my ponder why they can't use one character and raid all the potential candidates that pop up at an otherwise unreachable power interval for the success probability to matter.

Pet peices are more abundant at lower levels, most due to the indefinite amount of new players that quit earlier on everyday. And most long-term players fusing before there is a chance for other players to raid them.

Then there is the community/solidarity factor, why raid active players at higher levels when you can take advantage of what was mentioned above.

Overall, returning the pet raid character limit to one would ultimately benefit everyone and potentially bring you alot more long-term players.

Presently, you have achieved only a false sense of game 'balance' by editting the character limit and I perceive it more of a nerf of high level character benefits/advantages which would be achieved faster otherwise.
Cgamp

Postby Cgamp » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:16 am

Opps forgot to add that with the insane lack of success rate for higher players, you have forced them to keep their chatacters underleveled, ultimately dooming short/long-term players to unnecessary time waste and non-character development. Smh.
Cgamp

Postby Empyrial » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm

I have this incredible feeling of deja vu right now. :3
Empyrial

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Empyrial wrote:I have this incredible feeling of deja vu right now. :3

Oh, you've chimed in with something less than useful or constructive.. How unusual! I too am feeling the deja vu now.
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:12 pm

admin wrote:Stretching out the process doesn't increase the churn rate of long-term players. If anything, it makes them play longer to get their pets to the desired level, but at the same time those used to old strategy can be annoyed by the slow down and post complaints on the support forum. Keep in mind that it's active players that funnels into long-term players, so having more active players quit because they get constantly raided by 1-player team long-term players means less new long-term players to make up for the natural churn.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

Thanks for your perspective. I can appreciate it's very difficult for you to devise a system that both affords people a reasonable chance at success and not at the expense of weaker/newer players. That's why I am trying to suggest alternatives, like being more selective or specific in the pieces you award from killing bosses.

May I suggest another idea, being add more non-player teams of a higher level, so it's possible to steal from someone other than actual players once you have any kind of decent power level? Giving higher power/long term players some non-human targets to steal from with a reasonable chance would greatly reduce their need/want to attack lower levelled players and have them ragequit.

No matter what combination of heroes I select, I can never find any non-players to steal from with any kind of chance, and when I select my stronger heroes particularly, I can usually only see people I know/like/are in my guild etc. so they're not really an option either.
outseekerdroid

Return to Support