RH code still s*cks *ss

RH code still s*cks *ss

Postby outseekerdroid » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Just opened a RH50, had one person join me, soon as I attacked (during attack animation) the game just closes with no msg.

Immediately reopen the game, login and it says Reconnecting for about 30 seconds, then you have timed out, Defeat.

What the frig, seriously?? Whole timeout process occurred within 30-40 seconds? GIVE US THE RH ATTEMPT BACK WHEN YOU CRASH US FOR NO REASON, YOU <expletive deleted>s

At the VERY least give us a PROPER error message, or the ability to see the logs so we can explain how your code s*cks so you can fix it.

Thanks.
outseekerdroid

Re: RH code still s*cks *ss

Postby outseekerdroid » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Further info to perhaps help you fix your broken game,

a third player tried to join us who was underlevelled so I said sorry not stronk enough, and after the RH failure they private msgd me to let me know it showed them they were joining a 30, not a 50. This is perhaps why I crashed and we wasted our time and RH chance, so you could look into that.
outseekerdroid

Postby admin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:52 pm

The dev team double checked the code and there is no way for the room level to be misprinted on the screen, so perhaps this third player misread the label. If you crashed in mid fight it might have to do with the third player abandoning the fight and someone having network drop during middle of it. Unfortunately we are unable to simulate the issue on our side to reproduce the crash still.

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby outseekerdroid » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Same codefail just happened again.

My game closed itself with no error, explanation or notification whatsoever - first fail.
I reopened the app and was trying to Reconnect within 5-10 seconds and it somehow never managed - second fail.
It said (extremely briefly) that the battle had failed due to timeout, while I was the one who started it and I was "in" the battle again (reconnecting). This should be impossible, please fix it.

Additionally this timeout and battle fail happened within 30 seconds of the battle starting... As someone who has had many players crash during RH and had them sometimes successfully reconnect, I have had to wait for countdown timers every attack until the battle was done over the course of several minutes... Why is it when the host crashes it always fails the battle within 30 seconds if they try to rejoin?

Even if everyone crashed and the RH was left in limbo, when someone tries to reconnect you should give them their RH. If this means creating a new RH instance, putting the rejoined player in with his teammates on Auto, why not do that? If people have crashed out and won't/can't rejoin, and you will not give their RH attempt back (as it is currently), give them something in their Inbox to compensate them.

This has been a very, very longstanding issue and has been reported by dozens and dozens of players in world chat, if not on this forum and via email. We need you to at least TRY something.. A useful debug log, compensation, smart RH migration code, ANYTHING.

On a less important note regarding how someone could see it as the wrong level, just open a RH lobby, have player 2 go to the RH listings and see the RH, have player 1 close the RH, change its level and reopen it, have player 2 join the still visible RH from earlier in the meantime.

Give us a code snippet so I can rewrite RH for you if need be, sheesh.
outseekerdroid

Postby frank2 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 am

Happened to me too. Rh was timed out. Happens to me mostly when the 3rd player chooses its hero. N rh is about to start. It freezes when we 3reach centre. After 4-5min. The rh fight screen shows up. But in the end u get a defeat msg (even if u win the rh) and no rewards. If that's not enough u loose an extra rh run u have. Happened to me twice so far. And happened to all 3 users doing rh.
frank2

Postby admin » Thu May 03, 2018 10:19 am

frank2 wrote:Happened to me too. Rh was timed out. Happens to me mostly when the 3rd player chooses its hero. N rh is about to start. It freezes when we 3reach centre. After 4-5min. The rh fight screen shows up. But in the end u get a defeat msg (even if u win the rh) and no rewards. If that's not enough u loose an extra rh run u have. Happened to me twice so far. And happened to all 3 users doing rh.

I will forward this to the dev team try to reproduce. What do you mean by "loose an extra rh run u have"? How?

Best Regards,
Playmage Support
admin
Site Admin

Postby frank2 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:06 am

admin wrote:
frank2 wrote:Happened to me too. Rh was timed out. Happens to me mostly when the 3rd player chooses its hero. N rh is about to start. It freezes when we 3reach centre. After 4-5min. The rh fight screen shows up. But in the end u get a defeat msg (even if u win the rh) and no rewards. If that's not enough u loose an extra rh run u have. Happened to me twice so far. And happened to all 3 users doing rh.

I will forward this to the dev team try to reproduce. What do you mean by "loose an extra rh run u have"? How?

Best Regards,
Playmage Support

Rh time issues are common. I get often. But sometimes happened to me twice in last 2 months only. I got defeat msg in an rh which We had won easily. But on the rh chances screen I saw I had lost a rh chance too.
Meant I had 2rh chances when I started the rh. When I completed the rh . I should have 1rh chance remaining. But the chances were shown as 0. Happened to all 3 of us. I think in one of run the other users was girlzrockk n perfect des.
Next time will try to save some screenshots n team Id
frank2

Postby outseekerdroid » Sat May 05, 2018 2:28 am

Just got fudged over in a whole new way......

Opened a RH50, waited about a minute, got sick of waiting so I closed it and opened a 40.
Started solo, chose character, saw enemies, as it goes to load the fight "Network connection lost"...

Nothing wrong with the network, other apps working just fine immediately.

Game has fudged its pants and will not continue. "Reconnect?" message goes away and nothing loads.
Forced to kill the app and restart.

As always, RH attempt taken away, zero reward nor compensation.

Please get it together.
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Sat May 05, 2018 2:36 am

Here's a simple change that requires little to no effort:

Don't deduct our RH chance until the fight has loaded.
outseekerdroid

Postby outseekerdroid » Thu May 10, 2018 2:29 am

Further feedback from players indicates there is a problem bringing Sakura to the Relic Hunt causing all players to crash, then nobody be able to reconnect and it tell everyone their battle timed out after less than a minute of trying to reconnect.

I just joined a RH50 and chose Sakura, and we all crashed as soon as Sakura began her attack animation.

Please duplicate my Sakura, weapon, weapon gems, etc. and test Relic Hunts.

I believe my first attack was a basic attack with no SP cost.

Thanks for your attention
outseekerdroid

Next

Return to Support